Alternachicks Halloween Challenge

You're on Page 12 of 22
Go to
  • Quote: Nope not today either I keep bumping between 251-250
    Hmm, I wonder what is going on. Maybe a temporary plateau.
  • Ghost Girl - You have to be a member 20 days and have 20 posts. You'll know it's time when you go to your User CP and find the "Edit Signature" option has been added. Hopefully that'll be soon for you!
  • Well even tho it is already August since i'm new I def want in on this. i don't have a number of lbs i want to lose but I would love love lovee to fit back into my size 10s by then and have quit smoking by that time! So here we go back into a size 10 by Halloween and to offically say I'm a non smoker!!
  • Can I jump in I want to lose 26.6 lbs by halloween I know thats alot but I really wanna be 150 by then

sw: 175.6
    gw 150
  • Welcome, Pandabear and irishfairy!
  • Thanks so much for the info. Just checked and looks like I have about one week to go.
  • So, I weighed in today and lost .4 lbs. Better than nothing, especially since I didn't workout this week.
  • Yeah, I'll be doing good to post a pound for this week but I'd rather post a pound down than a pound up. A loss is a loss is a loss!!!
  • so heading home tonight - which means close to a week on the road. I want to make the best choices, so that is the goal. we'll see!

going home brings up tons of new stuff, including the use of the scale. I haven't used on yet - should I start? I don't want to be a slave to the damn thing, but it may be helpful...
  • Quote:
    going home brings up tons of new stuff, including the use of the scale. I haven't used on yet - should I start? I don't want to be a slave to the damn thing, but it may be helpful...
    I think as long as you don't get too obsessed with weighing yourself, then it'll definitely be helpful.
  • I love my scale I weight myself every morning keeps me on track and motivated but it is addictive and I find can sometimes make or break my day

well down 1.5 only 25.1lbs til my halloween goal
  • I am down 3 pounds from my new original weight. (242 pounds currently) Does that make sense? That makes me happy. I plan to start running soon too which helped me last summer. (My third grade is joining a running club where at the end she runs a 5K. It'll be a cold day when my third grader runs more than me...motivation to be the mom who keeps up!)
  • Posting my weight today because I'll be off camping for the next few days.
    ^.^ I'm happy with my almost 2 pound weight loss.
    I'm kinda scared to be camping and off work for 5 whole days. My job is my main activity and I tend to gain on my weekend.. having a 5 day weekend is making me nervious. @.@
  • So, weighed in, and I am at 174.5! 2.5 lost from last week! Now, the challenge is that I leave in the morning for a week's vacation back in Colorado. I am only slightly worried about food, I talked to my mom (who I'll be with a bunch of the time) about my nutrition goals/plan and she is on board to help and support me. I am worried about getting my runs and workouts in though. Not that I am not planning on making time, but my parents live at quite high an elevation and I am concerned about being able to breath in that thin air.
  • I got my ticker! Thanks duckchick for the info on how to see if you got it!