Alternachat - October and Onwards

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • All packed and ready to go!! 2nd trip to CA in a week - this sucks... well, at least I don't feel like the walking dead today. I woke up in a sweat at 2am and feel a bit better. I'll take it easy this weekend and hopefully by the time I'm home on Sunday I'll be ready to start Curves on Monday!! I haven't eaten a decent meal in a week and I'm looking forward to "real food" when I get back!

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone - I think they worked!

Ruth - I'm sorry about your blood test. I had a friend in high school who was diabetic and I used to prick my finger with her sometimes and test my sugar levels (the things we do when we're young...) and I swear, that tiny stab is more painful than the huge needles they use when you donate blood!!! Ouuuuch!
    I'm so happy your wrist is healing!!! Thanks for the reminder too - I need a haircut desparately!

Well, time to run. I've got some work to do before I head south... hugs all, be back Monday!!

Terri
  • Punkin...I LOVE Curves! So convenient and quick and best of all, effective! Hope you feel better soon!

Hi everyone else...too tired to post...must sleep...see you later.

I HATE working nights!
  • Checking to see if the door is still unlocked....
    Sorry girls for not being around lately. Had a family crisis here this past week and I'm pretty sure it's settled now. So my dieting and exercising was thrown out the window during that time.

I'm really getting depressed about losing this weight. I wish I could just stop eating after one serving, that I could make good choices and that I could get my butt moving!

So..starting tomorrow I'm starting a food journal. I'm going to track my food intake and my calorie intake.
    Monday, I'm going to start getting up at 6 am. and do an exercise program that is on the t.v. at 6:30.
    I think I will also start an exercise thread on Monday for us. I will start a new one each day and when any of us has done our exercises, we post on the thread of what we did and for how long.

Anyways..I'm off to work.
    I'll check back in tomorrow.
    Have a great day everyone!

Kelly
  • Warning ranting inclosed!

Well, the very short story of why I have been rather MIA is in part because I have hit the other end of depression, instead of the 2 weeks where I was only getting 3 hours a night I am now trying to sleep as much as I can. I was in bed before 8pm last night. That stupid pain in my lower back which I know damn well is from stress and tension hasn't gone away in like 2 weeks now. I really want a massage from the boy right about now. Actually we had
    an argument the other night which was aggravating and upsetting. Nothing too bad, one we have had before, but I still don't like them. Last Saturday I went to my 5th wake of the year. It was not as much sad as it was stressful. It was a sad, but he was much better off. He had cerebal palsy, was blind, deaf had a feeding tube for most of his life, never learned to crawl, walk or talk, recently had problems with his breathing, and was about to need 24 hr nursing care. He really didn't have much of a life to begin with. It was just stressful because of who may or may not have been there.
    I will also soon be in jail because I am going to fly to Vancouver soon and beat a few people in our office there over the head with a large heavy object. They have stopped including me in the emails they send. Which if they don't send them to me, what they want does not get done. But apperently they still think it's ok to be pissed at me when it isn't right. I don't have ESP, if they change thier minds, they actually have to tell me. I again hate taxes and the fact the rates change and I have to come in on a Sunday morning to fix stuff. I have 3 mornings set between now and the rest of the year, which I normally would get 4 hrs at time & a half for each. Don't know what will happen since they blew the budget. I am not coming in for free. I don't like them that much. GRRR.
    But in better news - I leave in less then a week.

Ok enough ranting. I am sorry I have been negelecting you girls. I will try and visit more often...
    squeak
  • Wow Squeak, I don't know what to say, except that you sound like you need a vacation!
    Everybody rants about their job, but do you really like your job?
    And you need to take time for yourself, if you don't and work too much etc. you are going to end up making yourself sick. Enough is enough. You are only one person!

As for the rest of you gals......where are you all hiding at?

I'm getting ready to hop in the shower and get ready for my p/t job. If I have time when I get home(2 pm, then off to my f/t job at 3:15) I'll check back in here and see what you are all up to.

Anyways....have a good weekend!

Kelly
  • Hello everyone

Just wanted to drop you a quick hello as I haven't been around much this week. We have had parent evenings after school this week and its been hectic. Why does my eating go completley out the window when I feel stressed?! Anyway we have half term holiday for one week now so time to get my diet plans back on track before too much damage is done!
    Kelly I'm with you on the food journal, when I was keeping track of my food and calorie intake I did really well, as soon as it slipped I knew I was in trouble! I started again today. Squeak, I hope things get better for you, sending good vibes your way.
    Hope everyone is ok, hugs to you all,

Jinx
  • This must be a stressful and agravating week for everyone. Nothing terribly wrong with me physically or anything like that, I am just having a feeling sorry - for- myself-fat as-all -outdoors week. And I am still losing weight, but I just am down this week, must be the upcoming change in sunlight hours and I am feeling the pressure.
    Have been to the gym everyday except Wednesday this week , which is my off day, and the scales tell me it is working but I am feeling down. I think it is because my friend has been working a lot and we can not seem to get together to workout or just chat and I miss her. Oh well, we will get together tomorrow morning at the gym so maybe my spirits will be lifted then.
    So sorry for rambling on, but I know I have a captivated audience with you, or you can just skip over my crazy assed posting and go on to the more interesting people.
    Love and hugs to all
    Virginia
  • We have a Food Journal thread that you girls are welcome to post on.

Ruth, sorry to hear 'bout the blood levels. Glad the wrist is doing okay!

Punkin? Was that Punkin? She was in and out of here in such a flash I'm not sure. Hope you feel better, Punkin.

Kelly, I hope that family crisis wasn't anything too serious.

Squeak, how sad about your friend with cerebral palsy. Work just sucks, doesn't it? I'm about ready to behead several people where I work. I actually started looking around for another job, but then my uncle told me to wait for the severance package (I think in a year's time, maybe less, they're going to get rid of the accounting department). He said not to make it easy for them....make them pay if they don't want me! You said you're leaving in a week....vacation or leaving the job?

Hi Jinx

Virginia, you can come here and vent, *****, moan, etc., whenever you want! That's what we're here for! I hope this week is better for you.

Welcome back Flower!!!
  • I like my job, just not the current project. It will (hopefully) all be over by March.

I am going for a one day training class, then spending the rest of the weekend with my best friend (the boy).

Sorry everyone else seems to be having a time of things too.

I hope everyone has a much better week this week.

Off to down some more coke & Malibu
  • Chris Where are you??
    Chris are you okay? Has anyone heard from CHris in a while. Sure hope everything is okay chick! Let us know, we are worried about you.
    Sending you a big hug and good vibes . Take care!
    Virginia
  • Virginia - you're right - we haven't heard from Chris in a while... I hope she's doing ok?

Sounds like a few of the chicks here are having a tough week. Sending love and hugs your way

Except for a rainy week and getting the period from **** ( today is the 6th day.......grrr - this has got to stop) I am doing ok.

I just went back from Low Carb to Atkins to try to speed up my loss - so I'll be a screaming meemie without a little cracker for my turkey slices

hang in there everybody -

love, T
  • Can anyone tell me what curves is? And is available in Canada?
  • Yup! Even in SMiths FAlls! Not sure what it is but .....
  • Well, here I am. Can't sleep because my nose is so plugged up! Thanks to my dh, I've caught his nasty cold. I stayed in bed for most of the day yesterday. Wish I could do the same today but I have responsibilities! DD has a orthadontist appt at 9:15 this morning and today is laundry day too.
    Well, this is a new week to smarten myself up. I was going to do some exercises today but I don't think I'd last long before I got into a coughing fit. I'll just eat right today and journal it all done.
    I'll have to figure out what I'm going to be making for dinner tonight. Dh is on afternoons this week so I don' t have to worry about cooking anything for him unless he wants to take left overs to work the next day.
    I've thought about giving curves a try too. But I have to wait until February when my gym membership expires.

Well I'm off to take a hot shower and see if the steam from that can clear up my nasal passages if only for a minute! LOL

I'll check back in here later and see how you all are doing!
    Have a great day.

Kelly
  • Waving at Kelly from the east! Hope the nose clears soon - I hate that.

Am feeling a bit perkier this morning and not as down over the blood testing crap. Got an email from my pal L. who is in the same situation. Now we can act like two old ladies and compare blood readings.

Darling Gail arrives to clean at 8 so I have to do a fly-lady that did not get done yesterday. When will we ever learn? Um...that does sound familiar.