Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 12:17 PM   #46  

Height: 5'-2"

Yeah, where IS Lois?

Oh my gosh, Sojo, I want to come to your party! I HATE dressing up, but THAT would be a hoot!
HAVE FUN!!
Old 10-11-2002, 04:13 PM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sojo, the party sounds great!

Well, my stitches are out of my wrist but it's not "all better". The doc claims I may have been using it too much as its not healed as well as he would like. So I'm wearing a dressing again BUT it sure feels better than those damned picky stitches!

Would you believe we have NO plans for Thanksgiving weekend? My son, DIL and bambina are going to her parents' place and we really don't feel up to joining them! Suits me as the whole family is sports crazy and has the TV on even during dinner! I'm such a snob! DH and I will probably have rack of lamb for two unless I suddenly get the urge to cook a big Waifs and Orphans Dinner.

Why is it that somebody comes calling every darn time I get onto the Net?!!! Ladies voices from downstairs and DH hollering "Ruth" so I'd better go rescue him!

I hope we all have a good weekend.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:38 PM   #48  

Default :censored: in ottawa

Ruth, your poor lil' wrist! Why am I not surprised that you've been using it too much?! (I would have done the same, sweetie, heh heh. Life is too damned short to sit around all lady-like)
TV on during dinner? I know exactly how you feel, Ruth. I've got in-laws... ...never mind. Gee, we're such snobs.
Tell those callers to p-off.
Listen, if you're really stuck for something to do on Sunday and are willing to put up with two plug-ugly little yappy dogs plus some dullard relatives, come on over. Around 1:ish. I'm making a big chicken pot pie and a beef pie. Anyone who wants turkey can damned well bring their own.
Geepers, I'm getting by the minute. If that dog poops on my floor again.... And if that other old dog pees on my guest bedding again...
Curses... they'll be here soon and I'm getting more uptight by the minute. I'm going to get some Advil and a whiskey. A double. Straight up.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:04 PM   #49  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

I 'll have a double too please Ellis!
Virginia
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
Old 10-11-2002, 08:11 PM   #50  

Come on over, Virginia.
geez, I'm crabby. I'm working on my meat pie. Hoping not to burn 20 bucks worth of beef.
Happy Thanksgiving...
Virginia, what are you making?
Old 10-11-2002, 08:16 PM   #51  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

As little as possible, my mom is having us all over for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. She feels it is a better time to get everyone together, she makes everything and never asks anyone to bring anything. Just ourselves and our appetites.
Virginia
Old 10-11-2002, 08:19 PM   #52  

You sly dog, you.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:18 PM   #53  
a brave new me...

Talking Brahahahaha....

Oh my god... you will not believe the hideous dresses we tried on today in our quest to be a princess! My sister and I almost peed our pants we were laughing so hard. We are both a little on the "curvy" side... so these dresses were exceptionally ridiculous. She got this giant blueberry colored satin monster... mine is cranberry red and covered with bows with poofy sleeves. We got one for our thin sister that is SO horrid... it is pale blue with lace, gathered up on the bottom with bows and big crinkly lacy things peeking out, and frills galore... a regular cinderella dress! The kids will love it!

And right now I am making my barbie cake... what a fun party for my beautiful niece.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:46 AM   #54  

I'm having a really quiet weekend, thats sounds so dull compared to all your Thanksgiving celebrations!

Wildfire- I hope you have a better weekend than yesterday was- a scream therapy thread sounds like a great idea! I bet it would get a lot of posts quickly!

Ruth- Take care of your wrist; I'm sure it will heal with time. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ellis- It sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you- I hope the double whiskey helped! Bet it did Have fun.

Sojo- I bet you are going to have a fabulous weekend! The party sounds fantastic and I bet your niece will love it. Make the most of it, they grow far too quickly! Good luck with the cake you brave woman

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everybody
Jinxii
Old 10-12-2002, 07:57 AM   #55  
a work in progress...

Oh Sojo, I want to come to the party!!! What a fun, girly way to celebrate! If you want to "recycle" any of your *fancy* party dresses, here's what my sister did when my daughter was about 3...

Take one heinous bridesmaid ensemble...(in her case, it was hot pink satin, with a full gathered skirt and a HUGE bow over the ***, pink satin pumps, and some flowery hair adornment on a comb.) She cut the top off, and gathered the skirt top in elastic, saving the loverly *** BOW, naturally...My daughter, wore the skirt up over her chest at first, and then down at her waist as she got taller. She LOVED IT and flounced and twirled around the house in her outfit every day for about 2 years, pumps and all! Now THAT'S getting your money's worth for such a frightful get up!

...sis and the bride are no longer friends, by the way. I would have ended that friendship the day she said I was wearing such a garish outfit...
Old 10-12-2002, 10:26 AM   #56  
Hot Stuff

Default Three days off!!!! For that, I'm freakin' thankful!

Told my boss as I left work at 5pm yesterday that I DO NOT EXIST until Tuesday morning about 7:30-ish. God(ess) help him if he calls me this weekend. You know, I read an article recently that says it's bad if you regularly fantasize about quitting/getting fired from your job. I've been very bad. I'm going to give my resume a going-over and start looking, I think. I've never been fond of ****s, and I'm damn tired of working for them.

Mauvais, treat of the week doesn't even begin to go there. Sounds like you've got a needy little boy of a boss, too. I'm sorry.

Ruth, sorry to hear you're recovery challenged. Probably from giving all those unwanted visitors the finger when they aren't looking. At least those itchy stitches are out! Have to ask...what's a Waifs and Orphans dinner, and if one was to show up when said dinner was being served, what is the appropriate attire?

ellis, how did the meat pie turn out?

Sojo, that party sounds like a right proper hoot! Oops...my east coast slang is showing. How did it go?

Jinxii, thanks, but yesterday's only redeeming quality was that it was Friday before a long weekend. We're having a quiet weekend, too, and I'm not even cooking a turkey this year! We're going to my uncle's for dinner on Monday.

Katrina, great idea for recycling hideous dresses!
Old 10-12-2002, 11:02 AM   #57  

Wildfire- sorry to hear you're having such a rough time a work. I would start looking around if I was you. A few years ago, I stuck in a job working for a dreadful employer and it made me so unhappy. Looking back I'll never know why I stuck with it for so long when all my friends and family and my instincts were telling me to leave. Let us know how things go.
Anyway, make the most of your long weekend and enjoy your dinner. Keep smiling
Jinxii
Old 10-13-2002, 04:50 PM   #58  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadian Chicks!

Hope all of you U.S. chicks had a great weekend too!

I have been spending this cloudy/rainy day lounging on the couch and watching Trading Space and then reading. It sure feels good to do absolutely nothing for once We are having dinner with my parents tonight and the only thing I have to do is make the vegetables

Ruthxxx-hope your wrist gets better soon!

Ellis-I once saw an old black and white horror movie where a manservant got revenge on his horrible master by baking his two dogs into a pie and serving them to the miserable man for his supper...is that going to far? Okay so I would never actually do that but hey it would be a suitable revenge wouldn't it, as long as you serve the real beef pie to DH and kids!

Sojo-your niece's party sounds like so much fun! Umm, those dresses sound vaguely familiar...I was a bridesmaid a couple of times, hmm...

Speaking of bridesmaid dresses...one of my friend's had to wear and electric blue, white lace trimmed, victorian style gown complete with matching hat with a veil for a wedding she was in One year her she wore it as a Hallowe'en costume as her husband and her went out as a victorian couple. The next year they wore the same outfits but added zombie makeup and cobwebs to them and went out as a dead victorian couple At least she wore it more than once after spending all that money on it

Wildfire-you said it! At least he doesn't ask me to pick up his drycleaning, although I have had to go to the drugstore to pick up his "trying to quit smoking gum"
Old 10-13-2002, 08:44 PM   #59  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU CANADIAN ALTERNACHICKS!!!!!!!!

Mauvais-Hope you manage to find a new job. Your boss sounds like an @$$HOLE!!!!!!!!!!! Did you have a good time at your parents' house?

Wildfire-SAME TO YOU!!!! It seems like there is way too much of that creepy attitude going around. I'm glad you told your boss not to call!!!

Sojo-I want to go too!!! Sounds like lots of fun!!!! How did it go by the way?

Ellis-How did it go? Did you stick with the beef and chicken or did you use Mauvais' suggestion? (snicker) The way you described those little mutts I don't know if there would be enough meat left on them to bake them in a pie....Sounds like everything ends up on your carpeting!!!

Ruth- sorry to hear that the wrist is giving you trouble. TAKE IT EASIER!!!!!
You need to get all healed up!!

Wanttolosealot-THAT is the way to enjoy Thanksgiving....just show up and enjoy!!!!!

Jinx-Glad you got out of that yucky job!!!

Katrina-So what did she do with the *** bow? (I love that name!!) Did she put it on her head or keep using it on her ***?
Old 10-13-2002, 10:09 PM   #60  
a work in progress...

My daughter LOVED the *** BOW!!! She wore it in front so that she could see it all the time! Today she wouldn't be caught dead in anything pink...or with an *** bow, for that matter...
Closed Thread