3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Alternachat - October and Onwards

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 01:22 AM   #31
the kid's counting on me!

Hey Ellis that sounds like total fun.

Welcome Cheez.

I haven't been to the gym since thursday but I've been doing so much in my house I must be burning some extra calories. I'm having friends over on Oct. 25th and would like everything to be finished by then.

DP and I are going to make an appt. with a nutritionist to help us meal plan together. Did I post that somewhere else already? We have so many threads and there are so many of us here now...Mauvais are you proud of how much your baby has grown? You really tapped a vital spring of interesting women!

I'll be back as today is weigh-in day...see you in weigh out there!
Love, Soozie
Old 10-07-2002, 09:44 AM   #32

Do any of you remember the I Love Lucy episode where Fred and Ricky trade places with Lucy and Ethel?........well..........

Last night, I tried to be the good mom. My DD gets up real early to leave for school. I thought I would make her some hot whole grain cereal to have ready in the morning by putting it in the rice cooker the night before.

I put the cereal and water in the cooker and went to bed. DH and I were watching TV a few minutes later when all of a sudden we heard this banging and clanging noise.

We ran downstairs and I flipped the top off the cooker. He looked at me " oh no! it's only meant to be used with rice!"

The cereal started spewing out of the cooker, down the counter, down the cabinets and onto the floor - tons and tons of it! and I'd only used 1/2 cup of dry cereal!!

Where did it all come from???

Anyway, we sprang into action - me with paper towels cleaning the floors and counter, he with the machine and its various little nooks and crannies. That sweet man stayed up past midnight digging little cereal grains out of the crevices of the machine.

Lesson: next time try the crockpot

have a great day all - terri !
Old 10-07-2002, 12:04 PM   #33
Is it Friday yet?

Hey everyone!!!

24 hours from now I'll be in my car, an hour into my vacation, and an hour closer to my friends in California!!!! I wasn't excited until I started packing yesterday (while watching my 49er's kick BUTT!!! ) but now I wanna go!!!!

Did I ever mention I need this vacation?? Between being sick and injured for the last 2 weeks, I think I really, REALLY need to get out of here!!! Then only thing that truly sucks is that 4 days after I get back I'm going to be going BACK to California for a business meeting, then back on Sunday the 20th - but at least I'm sharing the driving with my Mom in HER car and finally, after 3 years, getting the last of my boxes and furniture out of our shop!!

Wildfire - Yea, springy pants are most comfy and what I'll probably be sticking with for awhile - the trick is to wear a shirt that covers the elastic so as to not look like a grandma...

Terrrrri - oooh, scary cook you!! Actually, I did something similar trying to make minute rice in the microwave. Either I have a VERY strong microwave or the directions on the box are b.s. cuz I ended up with little bits of rice in every nook and cranny of my microwave!

Brenna - Hi!!!! I'm also a SF Bay Area transplanted in Oregon!!! I've been here for a bit over 3 years so far and LOVE it. Miss my friends though - but we get together a couple times a year and talk on the phone and email more now than before I moved! Welcome to the group AND the state!
Oh, and yes I've wanted to exact revenge against my boss - thing is, is that my "boss" is also my Mom.... my revenge is going on vacation and she has to do my job and work full time!!! Muahahahahaha....

Ok, time to get some work done before I spend the next 7 days in sweats and t-shirts. Saturday we hit Lake Shasta on the houseboat (aka S.S. Margaritaville). Yes, I will be getting back on track when I return!!!!

Squishy kisses,
Terri
Old 10-07-2002, 03:09 PM   #34
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Oh my goodness Baarefoot, That must have been an aweful mess. You have a good hubby to clean that all up for you. Mine would have laughed his *** of and then gone and sat in front of the TV.
Punkin- Have a great trip, and fill us in on all the details when you return!
Virginia
Old 10-07-2002, 08:34 PM   #35

PunkinTerri!!! Have a great time! take pics! no better yet - take us! no, hee hee, this is *your* time

Brenna - I forgot to say hello and welcome! I like your avatar.....so much that I have one of those girls dancing in the back window of my car - I love Hawaiiana stuff

Hi to you Jinx too

wildfire! elastic is my life -but I do have some jeans just waiting me - could you find something to replace the ice cream that would still satisfy? I like a little SF pudding with whipped cream and a tiny sprinkle of nuts - I find that will do it for me.

terrigrrrl - washed the cereal grains out of my hair just a little bit ago
Old 10-07-2002, 09:25 PM   #36
Hot Stuff

Hiya girls! I did it! I'm OP today! Counting my after-work bowling league as my exercise tonight. Already have lunch cooked to take to work and heat up tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome back, mauvais! How are you sleeping these days?

Ellis...careful...I can be at your place in a few hours' drive! And I have a great brown sugar fudge recipe...guaranteed to rot your teeth on the spot! And we'd HAVE to do Midnight Margaritas! Oh..um...why aren't you here?

terrigrrrl.... What a sight that must have been! Sounds totally like something I'd do. On the ice-cream...I do like some kinds of frozen yogurt...they just don't make it in flavors like Rolo and Turtle and ....well, you know what I mean. The key is not to bring the stuff home!!!

Punkin, I scored big with the elastic-insert pants...they came with a nice belt that hides the bit of elastic on the side! Have a safe trip and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

Well, on the boss front...after six phone calls to my home this weekend I got fed up and went out. Shopping does wonders for the nerves, not to mention the murder statistics. I didn't return any of his messages. For pete's sake, he gets paid twice what I do...I don't feel I should have to put in the extra hours that he does. I told him this.

Anyway, another day at the salt mine looms...must iron clothes and pack that lunch.

Hope everyone is well!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:06 AM   #37

Height: 5'-2"

I'm not here because I'm trying not to be everywhere.
The fudge sounds wicked. Come on down. You'll have to make the Margaritas, though... I don't know how...

Terri, have fun on your trip!

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 10-08-2002, 08:58 AM   #38
Welcome Winter!

S/C/G: 232/ticker/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Terri, have a ball on your trip.

Wildfire, pick me up on your way Chez Ellis. I'll make a jug of Margaritas and join you on the trip. Meet you on the 401 at the 416 exit!

Gonna putter around today. I am getting pretty fed up with having a gimpy hand and can hardly wait for the stitch removal on Thursday. It'll be nice to have some two handed days before the left wrist operation on the 23rd.

Have a gread day, chickies.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:27 PM   #39
Hot Stuff

Ellis, why are you trying to not be everywhere? Obviously I've missed something while scarfing fries during the last two weeks?

Ruth, I'll pick you up....but should we warn ellis that we're coming?

Hey, you know this whole planning thing really works. Another day OP! Of course, I knew that planning worked before, I just chose not to. Back on track, though, and unless I get derailed again I hope to start actually losing weight again! It's been a while.

Hubby is cooking dinner and I'm supposed to be tidying up...our apartment is being inspected tomorrow by the landlord...some annual structural inspection. Yeah, right...they're just nosy and want to see what you're doing to the place!

Hi everyone!
Old 10-09-2002, 02:00 PM   #40

Hello everyone

Hope you are all doing well

Terri- hope you have a great holiday

Mauvaisroux- Any news about your job applications yet? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I lost 1.5 pounds this week towards my 14 for Christmas. Let me know how you're doing

Take care all!
Jinxii
Old 10-10-2002, 12:29 AM   #41
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening all

Darn I should be in bed by now but I don't feel tired.

Jinxii- no word on the job yet but it could be a few months before they call me to write the test. Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me! My toes are crossed too, which does make it difficult to walk I am trying to lose 10lbs by Christmas too and hopefully not gain it back during Christmas

Hey if we are all going to Ellis' I will make my martini's too! Who is bringing the chips and guacamole?

Ruthxxx-how is your wrist these days, I hope you are not overdoing it

Terri-have a great trip!

Wildfire- well now, isn't your boss just the treat of the week! I thought mine was bad, at least he doesn't call me at home! Although I have had to call him at 8 am from my home to remind him of his 9 am doctor's appointments, sheesh, isn't his wife supposed to do that
Old 10-10-2002, 03:59 PM   #42

Hey all! Has anyone seen Lois lately? Is she missing in action?

About bosses calling you at home - I work from home 3 days/week.... and use both portable and cell phones.

I've taken calls under the most interesting circumstances in the most interesting places - bath tub, swimming pool, outside deck, while curling my hair, painting my toe nails, helping DD with her homework

Hey Mauvais.........hopefully your boss is an adult I can't imagine keeping my hub's schedule for him! If I did, he'd surely be lost!

Ruth - isn't today your stitch removal day? thinking of you

terrigrrl
Old 10-10-2002, 05:44 PM   #43
Hot Stuff

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Almost the end of a very frustrating day at work. I'm outta here at 5pm!

Thanks, just needed to scream.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:17 PM   #44
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Oh no! Does this mean we have to start a scream therapy thread?

Hope you had a good relaxing evening Wildfire
Old 10-11-2002, 12:32 PM   #45
a brave new me...

Angry Busy, busy...

I have a fun but busy weekend ahead. Tonight my sister and family are coming into town so we will be visiting... then tomorrow we are having a birthday party for my four year old niece Rachel... a princess party (her ongoing obsession)! The idea was for all the little girls to dress up as princesses... but I have informed the entire family that all the women are going to the second hand stores today to find the most gaudy, pink, sequined, foofy dresses (think horrible bridesmaid dress) we can find to wear tomorrow! What a hoot! I can't wait... I am going to bring all of my hair and makeup stuff and will "do" eveyone's face and hair with glitter and sparkles and other obnoxious decorations. Rachel will never forget it! Then tomorrow night I am having a girl's night out at my house... about ten alternagirlfriends are coming over to drink and eat and hot tub and then we are all going out on the town! Oh, and I also have to bake a princess cake today for the birthday party, get my house tidied up for tomorrow night's party, and prepare a fabulous hors d'oeuvre. Sheesh... I suppose I better get out of my bathrobe this morning and find a large cappuchino. Wish all you alternachicks could join me tomorrow night for my girl's night out!

198/187/128
5'2"

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.