3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Movin' Our Booties! Exercise Support

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 09:48 AM   #91
Welcome Winter!

S/C/G: 232/ticker/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, yesterday I walked for an hour - half an hour in the pouring rain. Duh! Am going to do it again today but in dry weather.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:02 AM   #92
Hot Stuff

Kaylets, I followed this link yesterday from msn, thought you might like to read it.

http://www.historytelevision.ca/mont.../thanksgiving/
Old 10-14-2002, 10:03 AM   #93

Height: 5'-2"

That's better, Mauvais. I was sick of seeing you naked.

The last two days I have stood on my feet for a total of about 20 hours baking pies and other assorted damage. That's gotta be good for SOMETHING!
Tomorrow I'm going to the gym with DH.

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 10-14-2002, 10:57 PM   #94
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Mooz-
I have been taking belly dance lessons for almost two years now. I actually performed in public with my group last December- it was fun but really nerve racking! I had never done anything like that before but I bit the bullet and did it. I was very proud of myself for getting up the guts to do it. I am usually shy and self-conscious about getting up in front of people and performing or doing any public speaking.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 10-15-2002, 04:35 PM   #95

Just got back from the gym. I can barely walk. As well as the usual, I ran for two, 8-minute sessions on the treadmill. I feel good and bad all at the same time.

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 10-15-2002, 08:10 PM   #96
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Ellis you are my hero hun! You are doing so well. I went to the gym this afternoon, and my little cutie pie workout partner called and wants me to go to the gym with her tonight, so I think I will just work on my cardio and maybe a few more leg presses tonight. I love going , once I get there I do not want to leave.
Virginia
Old 10-15-2002, 08:24 PM   #97

Way to go Ellis You are doing great, keep up the good work!

I snuck in an extra walk today as I had to go to the Courthouse to pick up some stuff for work. It was beautiful out and I had a great view of the canal while walking. Then I cut through the park and got to admire all the fall foliage. Walking on the grass and feeling the crunch of leaves under my feet reminded me of being a kid and playing in the leaves

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 10-16-2002, 01:01 PM   #98
a brave new me...

Exclamation WOW!!

Way to go Ellis! That is outstanding progress!

I must confess that I haven't exercised in several days. Sigh... I don't understand why I won't make healthier choices everyday. Guess I need to change that today.

198/187/128
5'2"

Old 10-16-2002, 06:46 PM   #99
Welcome Winter!

S/C/G: 232/ticker/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Raining here all day so I did not get out for "walkies". Tomorrow?
Old 10-16-2002, 11:10 PM   #100

Today I got in an extra 20 minute walk on top of my usual two 25 minute walks

Old 10-17-2002, 06:31 AM   #101

Thank you, Virginia and Mauvais. bow.
You're both doing great as well!! Keep it up!!

Went to the gym again yesterday. Only ran a total of 11 minutes (first time is always the easiest), but I'm very happy with that. And I've started doing squats with the weights.... hoping to get rid of some of the smoosh on my thighs. It's got to start going soon... my thighs are KILLING me!! ... must stop eating so much, though...

Old 10-17-2002, 08:17 AM   #102
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Ellis, Let me know how you make out with the squats. Thats funny because I was just saying to a friend last night that I need to start doing some squats too. Well, gotta get ready for work, Take care and will chat later,
Virginia
Old 10-17-2002, 08:32 AM   #103

Virginia, I'm using this weight thingy at the gym for the squats. It's got the bar on a big stand thingy. There's a padded thingy for your shoulders, and you sort of stand under the barbell, stand up with it on your shoulders (releasing the clips on the barbell), and then you squat. It's perfect because your form remains in the proper postition because the barbell is enclosed in the stand. It sounds terribly confusing the way I've described it, but your gym probably has something similar. I'm only putting 10kg on each side of the barbell right now. It's enough just to squat. My aching thighs....

Old 10-17-2002, 02:46 PM   #104
a brave new me...

Angry Ellis...

It sounds like you are describing a "Smith machine". Usually they are in the room with the big weights and the bulky men. My husband is one of those crazy weight lifting men and has taught me how to use all of those machines along with the free weights. You will see fast results doing squats on the Smith machine... plus it is much safer. A couple other great exercises are doing lunges while holding hand weights (mega leg workout) or doing dead lifts with a straight bar (back and some hamstrings). Have fun hitting the weights!

198/187/128
5'2"

Old 10-17-2002, 03:37 PM   #105

That's it, Sojo! At our gym, there are several weight rooms. The one we use is less used than the one I call, "The BIGBOY Room".
Yes, the lunge thingys are great, too. I'd forgotten about that one... thank you...

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.