3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Movin' Our Booties! Exercise Support

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 07:35 PM   #46

Smile Clothes rack or excercise equipment?

I sure hope this new "Total Gym" doesnt become a clothes rack- but then, come to think of it, I'd still be getting excercise by having to go downstairs to the basement to hang the clothes on it !!

Good news is that the morning bike ride and treadmill must be working because yesterday I tried on and bought SIZE 14 pants because THEY FIT!!!!!!!!

Yes, I realize that's not that big a deal to some but to me, its a great improvement from where I started 2 yrs ago- I kept a pair of jeans - they hang outside a closet as a reminder- they're a size 24-Womens --

Guess the hormone thing has the weight hanging tight to the midsection- in years past, legs and hips were last to go- but eventually, it will all balance out!

Until next time! and maybe I'll find the Total Gym website and share.

Today is the day!
Old 10-02-2002, 08:58 PM   #47
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Kaylets
Way to go, I yearn for the day to fit into a 14, I am currently in a 24 so I completely understand your accomplishment. That is fantastic! YOu go girl!!!
Just checking in to say I made it to the gym tonight, had a great workout and tried the rower tonight after the treadmill. I like it, cool peice of equipment, work lots of different muscles at the same time.
Headin for the shower girl, have a good night!

Virginia
Old 10-03-2002, 12:29 PM   #48
a brave new me...

Exclamation Wow...

I just returned from a speedy 5k walk/run (my usual route) and I think for the first time I am actually experiencing that mythical "exercise high"! I didn't think it really existed... but I'm telling you, the endorphins and all the good chemicals are pumping and I feel great... literally almost high! After a month of forcing myself through exercise and dreading every minute of it... I am actually finding myself enjoying it now. I hate to admit it, but exercise does seem to be a real cure to depression. This is a MIRACLE! Plus the scale went down another pound today... WHOO HOO!!

198/187/128
5'2"

Old 10-03-2002, 01:30 PM   #49

Height: 5'-2"

Kaylets, that's a great idea hanging up a big article of clothing. Maybe I'll hang up a big one with a small (future fit) one beside it...

Virginia, we're all very proud of you going to the gym. I love the rowing machine, too. Listen, I just can't picture you as a size 24. Are you sure? You sound much smaller. You sound so together... like you haven't a care in the world.

Sojo, I'm so glad you hit that "high"! Isn't it wonderful? I used to run everyday (in the olden days), and I loved that ephoric feeling.

I went to the gym with DH today. We had a great workout together. I showed him all the stuff I've been doing. He was impressed and very supportive and we had a lot of fun. I'm thinking of upgrading my membership to a family pass. I wouldn't always be able to work out at the same time as DH, but even having a "date" there once in a while would be fun.

So I've got in my "3 trips to the gym this week"!

GO GIRLS!!!

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 10-03-2002, 01:41 PM   #50
a brave new me...

Angry Way to go!!

I am so proud of all the folks here heading to the gym or walking or doing videos or belly dancing or exercising in any way... this is great! It is so difficult to get motivated and even more difficult to stay on track. We can do it!

198/187/128
5'2"

Old 10-03-2002, 02:43 PM   #51
Flower Lover

S/C/G: 232/ticker/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well......my big accomplishment today was being able to tie my walking shoes so there is hope! I am taking Miss Lucy to another Obedience Training series tomorrow and that will have to count as exercise too!
We sure as heck do not have a gym here in Delta but I am checking out the Y in Brockville. Seems a shame to drive 35 mins for a 30 min workout and then drive 35 mins home! There is no frigging way I could do that daily or even 3 times a week in winter. Grrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 10-03-2002, 05:18 PM   #52

I dunno, Ruth. Once you slap down your money, you feel the urge to go. And once you get there, it's a lot of fun. You won't believe this, but somethings I think I could just spend the day there. There's a little restaurant downstairs. We usually get a coffee and a banana after our one hour workout and then leave, but I usually feel like going back in for another 1/2 hour workout! I think it's addictive. I could be wrong. Don't let me influence you.

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 10-03-2002, 08:00 PM   #53

Smile Terrific Thursday!!

Hello all!! Thursday is one of my favorite days of the week- almost no matter what happens, its doesn't have as much impact because its so close to the end of the week.

I'm not sure I'd drive that far for long either- money or no money-
Maybe if I was going w/ a friend and even taking a class- I guess riding w/ a friend and chatting both ways would be fun- but winter is tough too-
Maybe a mall is close by ? And if so, maybe there's a walking club? or even in then, in the mall, you can go at your own pace.

I know after my Dad had heart surgery, one of his "perscriptions" was to go to any store every day and walk around the store. Cart was optional -- He now does all the grocery shopping but again, its not where but what we are doing.

Myself, I need convenience and variety- We have a treadmill and bike ( both secondhand) in the basement and the Total Gym arrived today. DH is bowling or it be in the basement already.
So if we're short on time, weather stinks, whatever- . DH and I also try to incorporate a little extra walking in parking lots, stairs instead of elevators, etc. We both still have a long way to being "fit" but are goal is to enjoy the journey- We are currently looking for a yoga and/or tai chi class and I am determined to finally learn how to swim.

I read somewhere that once we remember our bodies evolved to be used we will then celebrate how well we can walk, cycle, etc, etc, the same way we applaud our star atheletes.

I rely on that that " excercise buzz" to jumpstart my morning. Everything seems easier.

And it doesnt take much to get the heart pumping- at least not at the level I'm at!!

Today is the day!
Old 10-04-2002, 08:11 AM   #54
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

I am so proud of everybody. We all seem to be doing something active! Ellis I am right there with you on the addiction thing, if someone would have told me last year that I would have to tell myself it is time to leave the gym, dont overdo it, I would have said them to be crazy. But I get in there working out, and I feel high. I love the rush I get, I love the tightness in my muscles I feel after a good workout. Its great!
And yes I really am a 24 however, some articles of clothing I can get in a 22. I am hoping by Xmas someone will buy me something sexy in a 20. And for the record I am not always bubbly and have it together, but it is getting much better since I am beginning to like myself better. For a long time I did not like myself, but I can honestly say for the most part I do like myself now.
Take care all and TGIF!
Virginia
Old 10-04-2002, 08:52 AM   #55

Phew! Glad to hear I'm not the only nut addicted to the gym, Virginia. To think I've been too intimidated to join all these years...
Send us your address and we'll send you something sexy in a 20 for xmas. You're going to be there in no time!

Kaylets, I know it sounds a bit much driving 30 minutes to the gym. My mom started doing it about 15 years ago, though. It's about a 40 minute drive for her, but she doesn't mind it at all. She just feels so good that she's doing something for herself, so it's not a sacrifice at all. She's 77 now, and she LOVES going. Occasionally in the winter she'll have to miss a session because of the weather, and boy, is she resentful!!
She meets me at the gym twice a week, and we have a lot of fun together. She's my inspiration... she's in much better shape than I am, and I'm going to be just like her.
Sounds like you and your DH are having fun getting in shape together. You're doing great, girl!

Old 10-04-2002, 12:55 PM   #56
Flower Lover

S/C/G: 232/ticker/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welllllll.......I can't figure this addiction thang! Ellis, I admire your Mum's tenacity but her driving conditions are usually better than mine in the winter. I do know where she lives.

I am going to check out aqua-fit in Brockville, however. I love swimming and think it may help this blasted shoulder problem.

Today I walked an hour with Miss Lucy at Obedience class - starts, stops, circles and stuff but I was moving! I might do my Leslie Sansome tape #1 this afternoon but not if Harry is wanting to watch a frigging baseball game! I need my own TV!
Old 10-04-2002, 02:51 PM   #57

Don't you just hate these people who push push push, Ruth darling?
Don't they plough the roads out there?
Aqua fit... I wish I could do that. I'm deathly afraid of water.
Hey... great walking, Ruth! Can we keep kicking your butt?
xo

Old 10-06-2002, 08:37 AM   #58
living 1 day at a time

I would really like to try belly dancing. That sounds really fun. I try to walk, but with my busy schedual lately it has been very difficult. Work has been killer. I feel very bad about not doing this. I am still new to my lifestyle change and feel bad about not doing so well. I really need to get my act together.
morningglory
Old 10-06-2002, 10:29 AM   #59
a work in progress...

Don't waste your time feeling bad, morningglory... Cut yourself a break. It's hard enough adapting to a new way of eating...just try to sneak in a 10 minute walk. Tell yourself that's all you HAVE to do, and you may be surprised by the fact that you'll WANT to do more. Once you get started, it's a great feeling! Anything that you can do is better than nothing!

I am getting my money's worth out of my gym membership lately. Yesterday, I didn't get over there though, so I pulled ol' Billy Blanks off the shelf and did TaeBo for 1/2 hour. I forgot how much I like that!

Nobody can bring you peace but yourself... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 10-06-2002, 06:10 PM   #60

Gee Kat, imagine that. Last night I lay on my bed and watched an hour of Billy Blanks. Going to the gym tomorrow...

Kat's right, morningglory... you can definitely squeeze in a ten minute walk, and before you know it you'll be craving more. (hard to believe, I know...)

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.