Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 09:18 PM   #16  

Height: 5'-2"

yip yip Kat!!!
Brag away!!
Old 09-17-2002, 10:21 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Way to go chickies! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-18-2002, 12:44 AM   #18  
the kid's counting on me!

Girls still didn't get to the gym....gotta go tomorrow and break my streak of not going. .. then get readdicted to going...does that make sense??? Help help someone drag my fat *** to the gym and tie me to a moving treadmill...well, not really, but you get the idea!
Soozie
Old 09-19-2002, 02:23 PM   #19  
a brave new me...

Angry I'm back!

I just returned from a 3 1/2 mile walk... it took me all morning to convince myself to go. The 20 minute t'ai chi tape seemed much more appealing. Plus, I was horrified the moment I stepped outside because even though it is only 75 degrees the humidity must be at 100%. And I DO NOT do well in the heat. But regardless, I made my way out of my neighborhood, over the bridge and off of my little island, through the park, along the lake and all the 100 year old mansions, swung past the light house, back through the park, and headed home.

Right before I made it to the light house, I see this woman cruising toward me... you know... one of those hard core walkers with head phones and spandex and a sport bra and a tan and thin and muscular. She was really moving, much faster than me. My first thought was to really hate her and her fast moving skinny butt. And then, as we drew closer I suddenly noticed that this speedy woman was at least 60 years old!! If not older!! Boy, did I feel stupid. She came cruising towards me and with a smile on her face said "Better get this done before the rain comes!" and zipped by. I thought... man, if she can do it what the heck is my excuse? How pathetic was I for feeling sorry for myself this whole walk... and here zips by a lady over twice my age who could clearly kick my bootie in any athletic event? And then as I rounded the next bend this little old gray man is his trousers and button up shirt and thick glasses is taking what is probably his daily morning walk... now he is moving s...l...o...w... but he must be eighty-five years old. So what do I honestly have to complain about? So, with that reality check in hand and a major attitude adjustment, I picked up the pace and finished my walk with a new determination. That 5k walk is just a couple weeks away, and I am really going to do it.

I mean really, what excuses do we have?

Last edited by Sojourner; 09-19-2002 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:30 PM   #20  
a brave new me...

Angry Back again..

Reality is setting in on me that the 5k race is this Saturday. What was I thinking?? I looked at the 5k times from last year and am getting nervous... I really don't want to come in last. Well, I just dragged my butt around an approximate 5k course and with a little bit of running I can do it in under 45 minutes... which means I should come in somewhere near the 3/4 mark of overall times (the slowest being around an hour). Hopefully I can run a little more during the actual race, since that really helps on the time. I am having second thoughts but as they say I am going to "just do it!"
Old 09-26-2002, 03:56 PM   #21  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

YOu go Sojo-grrrl
That is great 45 minutes! They would be picking me off the pavement if I tried to Run a race. Walking is my pace so far, however, I am hoping by next year to be running. Good for you! Please let us know how you make out on Saturday. We will be cheering for you.
Virginia
Old 09-26-2002, 06:10 PM   #22  

Angry

It sounds like everyone is really getting into the exercise mode. Exercise is the one area where I don't have any movitvation issues. I get up every morning at 6 and jog 4-5 miles. It really invigorates me throughout the day and gives me time to just think and focus. Then after work I lift weights 3 days/week and do either a bike ride or yoga on the other days. There is nothing like the feeling of being strong. If I don't do ab and back work at least 3 times per week, my back is suffering.

Sojo-I ran my first 10K this summer and it was such an adrenaline rush you wouldn't believe it. It takes a little bit of building up to, just start slowly, and you can do it.

I believe that a little bit of exercise helps me to compensate for the delish food I love so much. The hardest part is getting going, getting myself up off the couch.

~Julie
Old 09-26-2002, 07:31 PM   #23  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Hey chicks,
Just got back from the gym. Worked my legs tonight, back last night and arms Tuesday, it feels fantastic. I love the feeling of pumping those weights and building up sexy muscle. I love muscle, drives me crazy, especially in a woman. Sorry went off track there for a moment. I may take tomorrow off or go in and do a light over all work out. I always start off with cardio, and tonight was the first night for the cross trainer, wow, that is a wicked piece of equipment. What a workout.
Anyway enough rambling on, hope you are all enjoying yourselves and livin life.
Love, Live and Laugh

Virginia
Old 09-26-2002, 08:20 PM   #24  

Default Hello and room for one more??

Your posts have been all so motivating!!

Is there room for one more??
Old 09-26-2002, 08:38 PM   #25  

Sojo, you go, girl!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!
Use us as your mantra. We'll all be thinking about you...
xo

Soozie... get to the gym girlie...
Old 09-26-2002, 08:41 PM   #26  

Hey Jogger and Kaylets! Welcome to the club of non-losers. I mean losers...

Virginia, don't you just love the gym! I'm going again tomorrow...
Old 09-26-2002, 09:05 PM   #27  

Smile I don't mind if I do

Thanks for the welcome-

Am still "getting fit" -- Just upped the morning stationery bike from 15 minutes to more- Almost forgot that "rush" when your heart is really working--

Also think I am seeing a real difference in how my day is less stressful if I can get the heart pumping in the am.

We have rain here on the East coast tonight and are very glad for it as we have been on drought restrictions. Supposed to rain nearly all weekend. Makes me feel so clever to have the bike in the basement!

I am also easing myself back into some weight training as I know its great for bone density.

Does anyone have a plan that alternates activities to keep the calories burning? I keep seeing articles suggesting that once the muscles "know " what excercise to expect there will be less calorie burn because the muscles learn to burn calories more efficiently. I am wondering, do you alternate daily, weekly, by season ??
Old 09-26-2002, 09:25 PM   #28  
a brave new me...

Talking Hey!

Thanks for the support and encouragement... I really need it. I probably only jogged six or seven minutes total but it was enough to get me under 45 minutes. Plus I think I kind of hurt my foot/ankle but nothing too serious. I popped a few ibuprofin and don't feel a thing anymore. I'd skip the race except I've told too many people that I am going to do it and I would feel silly backing out. I have a friend who is like that... constantly talking about all these events she is going to do and then never does them. She brags and boasts about supposedly training for a marathon and then backs out.... it drives me nuts. So I'd hate to do the same thing... although I'm hardly bragging about it as I have this intense paranoia about coming in dead last. But hey, at least I will be out there trying.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:25 AM   #29  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Sojo- It does not matter if you come in first, last or somewheres in between as long as you are happy with yourself. Don't worry about what others think, if your ankle is hurting and you feel you could do it more harm, than don't run. Regardless of what you decide I wish you well.
Virginia
Old 09-27-2002, 09:26 AM   #30  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Hi Kaylets, and welcome to this wacky group!
Virginia
Closed Thread