Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 04:49 PM   #31  
a brave new me...

Exclamation Kayaking..

My husband and I have spent a couple summers learning how to whitewater kayak. Now there is a sport sure to scare the fat right off of you!! I actually love the sport but now that I have gained more weight it is too difficult to roll my kayak upright... this is sort of a VITAL skill when spinning upside down underwater in the middle of rapids, strapped onto a little plastic boat that you wear like a long skirt. A few weeks back I took my boat out onto the lake to see if I still fit into the stupid thing. I was relieved that I could still get into the spray skirt and the actual kayak (these things are a tight fit) but was horrified that I could not roll the kayak due to... ughhh... well... the rolls of fat on my stomach. I am definately going to lose this weight just so I can take up the sport again! I would love to take up sea kayaking... we live within a few hundred feet of a huge lake and it would be wonderful just to go paddling whenever the whim strikes. Either that or I am going to take sailing lessons next summer. There is a non-profit sailing club in the area that offers lessons for cheap.

See... just another motivation to LOSE THIS FLAB!!
Old 09-05-2002, 08:11 PM   #32  

Height: 5'-2"

Kat, you're killin' me. I KNEW you'd have a good story for us!

I've only canoed and rowed, but I'd LOVE to get a kayak. A friend and I were thinking of buying one and sharing it. He went on the Dragon Boat races in Ottawa this year. I may do it next year. When I'm sleek.

Hey girls, I joined the YM/WCA today! My super-fit 77 year old mom came with me, and we did a workout together. She usually goes to a different Y, but she LOVED this one, and may join me there a couple of times a week.
We just did a little free weight routine, and then tried out a whole bunch of the exercise machines. It wasn't a big work-out, but I could hardly walk afterwards. I AM ON MY WAY TO BECOMING SVELTE!!!
This time next year, I will be in proud possession of a fine set of "before and after" photos!!

HEY!! I just figured out why Soozie did so well on the test!! It's because right from the start, they ask for your sexual orientation!! It's rigged!! I betcha if I go back and do it again as a lesbian, I'll get a better mark...

I just ate a LOT of food, and slept all afternoon. But I worked out! Hmmm, I didn't have any coffee today... I think that really screwed me up...

hope everyone is fine.
Soozie, how's little DD doing?
hugs everyone!
xoxo
Old 09-05-2002, 10:31 PM   #33  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!!

Ellis-CONGRATULATIONS ON JOINING THE Y AND WORKING OUT!!!!

One of DS #2's friends came out to him today, and I am proud to say he was as supportive as I tried to raise him to be!! Unfortunately some of the other friends weren't.....
Old 09-06-2002, 12:50 AM   #34  
the kid's counting on me!

Hey girls, no time to write but I'm still here, will check in tomorrow. Love, Soozie
Old 09-06-2002, 07:41 AM   #35  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Way to go Den, you are a good mom, and your son sounds like a chip off the old block. Some kids can be very cruel, so that boy is very lucky to have your son as his friend.
Virginia
Old 09-06-2002, 08:07 AM   #36  

Yes, Den... you're a very good mom! You're raising your sons well. Please set one aside for my daughter. (we'll arrange the details later, heh heh)
xoxo
Old 09-06-2002, 09:18 PM   #37  

HEY ELLIS!!! THAT'S ONE WAY FOR US TO GET TOGETHER!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2002, 08:14 PM   #38  

Okay, Den. Ummm, who pays for the wedding?
Oh good grief!! My little girl just had her first period and we're talking about SEX!!! blah!!!
Okay, I'll save her... she can get married when she's 24. I think that's a reasonable age. By the way, she doesn't want to have any kids, so don't expect to get a grandmothership out of this. And she wants to be rich, so make sure your sons get good jobs. hahahahahahaha... geez, can you believe I SAID THAT!? I'll get her into medical school right away. No, LAW SCHOOL!!!

Notice how that Lesi chick says she'll be right back, and then we don't hear from her FOR DAYS!! Soozie... are you okay sweetie?
Old 09-08-2002, 09:40 AM   #39  

My daughter reports in from middle school.......

things have changed in 20 years LOL - she says there is a group of gay boys in her school that are out and have formed their own clique. I got a chuckle out of it when she mentioned that they all wear the same backpack - Spongebob

I asked her if there was a group of gay girls - she says no.......hmmmmmmmm he he

then she hands me a list of family life education topics they will discuss this year - at the top of the list: how to prevent STDs. I asked her if she knows what an STD is.. sure she says - it's like AIDS. So then I sign her up for that topic and she then says..."Mom, HOW DO YOU PREVENT AN STD?" - so she got my version prior to the school's version.....

raising a child is very interesting LOL

and yes, Ellis......I can't believe you said that

I tell her my daughter we are preparing her to row her own boat.

Have a great day youwonderfulwomen

barefoot terri

Old 09-08-2002, 11:06 AM   #40  
a work in progress...

Oh soozie-QZ...woman for whom this thread is devoted...where the heck are you?
Lost in the Pine Barrens?
Tracking down more luscious lezzies?
Don't hate us because we're straight!
Old 09-08-2002, 04:58 PM   #41  

Okay, the only time in WEEKS that I didn't copy and save my post, and it got wiped out. AARRGGHH!!!!

NEWS FLASH-My sister has passed the inspection process of her adoption, and will probably be getting a refferal in Oct. or Nov. That would be a picture of a baby and the medical records. If she accepts that baby she would go to Guatemala to pick up the baby next spring when s(he) is about 6 months old.
She has been trying for so long (in vitro first), and I am so happy for her!!! She went garage saling yesterday and started collecting baby items!! This will be my first time to be an Aunt, so I am thrilled for myself too!!!

Ellis-1)Your daughter HAS to be a doctor or a lawyer, cuz my boys want to sit around the house. 2)They can pay for their own damn wedding!! 3)We'll all be moving in the day after the wedding!!!........have you changed your mind yet?.........We'll be the in-laws from ****!!!! (hee hee) You know, just because we like each other our kids will probably HATE each other just to make things difficult!!! Right now 15 yr old wants either to have his band take off, or to be a biologist!?!!!!! The 12 year old goes back and forth between designing video/computer games in the basement, or becoming powerful enough to take down microsoft!!! So EITHER they will be living at home at age 40 or they will do VERY well!!!

barefoot-It is always good getting your own version in first. Especially when your school district's take on everything is...JUST SAY NO!!! I've been telling the boys for years that THEY are responsible for protecting themselves.

Soozie-WHERE ARE YOU? WE MISS YOU!!!!
Old 09-08-2002, 05:45 PM   #42  

Den, I'm so happy for your sister!! Does this make me a cousin? Can we have, like, a family reunion?

Hey, speaking of Guatemala, I'm trying to follow the news on the little Maria twins that were separated last month. Is there anything new and interesting? I want to see pictures of them moving around and looking at each other!!

The in-laws from ****... uh huh. Have you seen that movie? I THINK it's called The In-laws. With Peter Faulk and whatsisname...

Okay, I'll get my DD to become a fat lawyer, and your son can bear the children. That way EVERYONE will be happy. ?
Old 09-08-2002, 05:49 PM   #43  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Mwahahahahaha I just took that on-line test you have all been complaining about and my results came out as being in slightly more in favor of homosexuals than straights(or whatever the wording it was they used).

Hee-hee, guess that is why I keep getting hit on by women.

Seriously though, that was a pretty bad test. I don't understand why you get a mistake when you associate certain words with the keys. Why can't you associate the negative words with the picture of the heterosexual couple? Maybe be just I didn't get it?
Maybe I am jaded because I worked in a family law office and got to see the sordid details of people's divorce cases so the heterosexual couple's wedding picture triggered a subconscious bias against straight couples

Okay! So those drop-down ads are really getting on my nerves now! I was typing away and then I suddenly couldn't see my post!

Well Bi, er I mean bye! I am off to read the handbook now
Old 09-08-2002, 06:46 PM   #44  
a brave new me...

Angry Sojourner

About the test...

I think what they are actually testing is the amount of time it takes your brain to transition from one association to another. In other words, if you click hetero with the hetero couple then a positive word comes up and you click good... they measure the time it takes for your brain to go from the concept of hetero to good. Then when the gay couple comes up and you click the right word "gay" and then a negative word comes up... they measure the time again. If you show a pattern of quickly going from "straight" concepts to or from "good" concepts but have trouble transitioning from "good" concepts to or from "gay" concepts... OR you quickly go from "gay" concepts to or from "bad" concepts... you may have an underlying bias. Get it? The first time I took it I came up with a strong preference for heterosexuals (the lesbian test). The second time I took it, I had an inkling how they were testing, and I came up with a slight preference for homosexuals (the gay male test). Of course... I really do like gay men and are friends with many and I really don't know any lesbians... so who knows. I could be totally wrong on how they are testing us, but if you go back and don't rush the test and click your answers at an even pace or pause at the right times you will see what I mean. Clever.

Old 09-08-2002, 07:19 PM   #45  

ah! I see what you mean, sojo! Well, I'm not doing it again. I think I was thinking for too long. Like Mauvais said, I couldn't figure out why they were associating homosexuals with some "bad" and vise versa.
I could easily be gay myself, so I won't set any store by it.

It's funny, Mauvais... I don't always GET those pop-ups!?
Closed Thread