3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Commitment a Week (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/19676-commitment-week.html)

Sojourner 09-23-2002 12:32 PM

Whoops...

I think I may have set my goal a little too high for this week. :o I was supposed to exercise five times but I only did three... ok... TWO times.

Starting fresh today... new commitment is to exercise three times this week and still no food after 8:00 and cut out fried foods and red meat.

ellis 09-23-2002 01:10 PM

Den, for goodness sakes... do you want me to totally embarrass you? Get down there and do 10 crunches. RIGHT NOW!!! It'll take you, like, 2 minutes.

mauvaisroux 09-27-2002 11:11 PM

How is everyone doing with their commitments this week? Has anyone been committed this week? :dizzy:

Well it has been 10 days without coffee or chocolate for me. I'm doing okay, despite a few cravings, and I have not caved yet:)

Wanttolosealot 09-28-2002 08:59 AM

Committed!!?? No I dont think any of has been committed this week, however, maybe I should be.
Mauvaisroux- You are doing great with fighting the caffine. I have had very little caffine myself this week. Maybe one cup I think. No chocolate! And I have been drinking my water faithfully. Only had five smokes this entire week. Going to the gym 3 days on , one off and back again. So I hope this Tuesday I see a significant difference on the scales, but if I dont I will just chalk it up to putting on muscle while losing fat. Really love the gym, had to staple my *** to the chair to keep me home last night. But I do not want to overdo it and injure myself and then be off for weeks. Rambling on , sorry!
Virginia

Sojourner 09-30-2002 05:35 PM

New Week!

I have done pretty well with my healthy changes... this week I am maintaining all of my changes plus adding on an additional day of exercise:

no eating after 8:00 pm
avoid red meat and fried food
exercise 4 times this week

Wanttolosealot 09-30-2002 07:32 PM

This weeks commitment will be to add more weight to my workout, no red meat, and drink my protein shakes.

mauvaisroux 09-30-2002 10:49 PM

Still working on the 3 C's: caffeine, cola and chocolate :lol:
I have not cheated once in 12 days :D

ellis 10-01-2002 05:29 AM

Yay, Mauvais! Hey, that rhymes.

Now if I were really careful this week.... even moderately careful... about what I eat, I could dip down below the 190 mark. Hmmmm..

dentrassi 10-01-2002 05:05 PM

Okay, admission time. I have NOT been walking the walk lately. For those of you who don't suffer from depression, please don't get too grossed out. I have NOT been taking care of myself, and I have only been lurking because I have been feeling kinda out of things. SO...my commitment this week is to brush my teeth twice a day, floss, bathe more regularly, AND not eat after 8 o'clock. I have not been doing the crunches, and I think given the mess I have let myself get into that the basics need to take priority first. :o

ellis 10-01-2002 05:15 PM

Oh Den, you dirty ol' thing you. :lol: May I join you in your quest for cleanliness? I actually brushed my teeth today. Well, at 3 in the afternoon, but still...
And I went to have a bath last night (in my tub up in the attic), and some fool had removed the plug to the first floor tub!! DH offered to get it for me, but I opted on sulking and having a VERY fast bath with no plug. (no showers in these old cast iron tubs)
Floss? What's that? :D

dentrassi 10-01-2002 05:17 PM

YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!! YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND ME!!!!

ellis 10-01-2002 05:20 PM

you know it, honey!
Ummm, I don't think anyone else does, though. :lol:

ellis 10-01-2002 05:25 PM

You know, when you decide to have a bath (at least when someone like Den or I do), it's a major undertaking. To discover that the plug is missing is enough to make you want to get out the straight razor. Or just stop bathing all together.
I just wanted to impress upon you all what an effort it was for me to sit in a cold empty tub and hose down. amen

squeaker 10-01-2002 05:39 PM

When I am unhappy you can't get me out of the tub. Maybe it is some sort of "washing away" the problem thing. But I would sit on the floor of the tub under warm water until I ran out of hot water. Then crawl into bed and go to sleep.

My commitment for the week is to marry some rich guy so I never have to work again. And then I can hire a chef and he would cook healthy meals for me.

(hey it is about as likely to happen as any other commitment I have made in here has....)

dentrassi 10-01-2002 05:42 PM

I LOVE taking hot baths, but when I bottom out I just can't seem to do it....