Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 10:20 PM   #31  

Height: 5'-2"

Soozie, I hope your DD has a wonderful day tomorrow!
xo
Old 09-03-2002, 10:50 PM   #32  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Auntie Marmite checking in. Come here and sit by me and don't mind the smell.....Fluffy peed on the couch today because I only let her eat half of my tuna. Care for a sweetie? Here you go little Lulu (rubs candy off on grimey housecoat.) Mauvais sweetie, next time you come visit would you bring me some of that fancy litter with the crystals in it?
I ate a pickle after 8, so technically I broke down, but at least I didn't bake and eat the cake I was thinking about making. I was thinking of you ladies, so this helped me a lot today!!!
Old 09-04-2002, 11:13 AM   #33  
Must Shrink.

What a silly bunch of semi-related women...

Water is my curse. I don't like to drink it, so I will add water to my life.

Haven't smoked in 4 years, but have the soul of a smoker. If the going gets rough, get the patch, it helped me (5 times).

I was a heavy, heavy smoker as a teen until age 21, quit for 9 years and started again. Then I smoked on and off for 6 years. (More off than on though...)

So I shall drink water!

Lois
Old 09-04-2002, 12:30 PM   #34  

Height: 5'-2"

Good for you, Lois! Believe it or not, you'll learn to love it after a while. I used to hate it too, but I've been drinking it religiously for a few years now, and when I get up in the morning it's the first thing my body cries out for... a glass or two of water! It's rather a good feeling.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:34 PM   #35  
the kid's counting on me!

DD had a great day at kindergarten. Came home chanting,"I love Kindergarten, I love Kindergarten" my baby is becoming a big girl.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:02 PM   #36  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sooze, your daughter is too freakin cute!

I only had one cup of tea with sugar today
Old 09-05-2002, 12:16 AM   #37  
a brave new me...

Angry My Commtiment

Well, I think this not eating after 8:00 thing is a good idea. I have gone to bed hungry every night and I am seeing weight loss on the scale already.

Virginia... how is the smoke free life going? Step away from the cigarette!!

Old 09-05-2002, 10:48 AM   #38  
Must Shrink.

still sputtering down the water....

peeing constantly.

L
Old 09-05-2002, 12:07 PM   #39  
a brave new me...

Smile A friendly reminder to everyone...

Lets all try and remember to not think about weight loss or our commitment for this week in black and white terms. So often if we "fail" once we give up and then the whole day or week is shot. Even if we only do our commitment half the time this week, that is actually significant progress! So, if you normally eat the entire bag of Doritos and this week you only eat half the bag... this is progress! Every step we make towards a healthier lifestyle is a step in the right direction. Although we should focus on following our commitments all the time, if we do make a poor choice we can immediately begin making positive choices again.

Hope eveyone is doing well and respecting themselves and their commitments. We can do it!

Old 09-05-2002, 10:37 PM   #40  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I am SO glad you started this thread!! I have been doing HORRIBLY on everything else, but I have managed to stop eating after 8, and THAT is a major improvement in itself!!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:26 AM   #41  
a brave new me...

Question Virginia....

I know you are out there... we are waiting for a status report on your smoke free life!!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:28 AM   #42  
a brave new me...

Angry Dentrassi...

Keep it up! I have seen some significant improvements by incorporating this change. Just think about what a great step this is towards a healthier lifestyle.

I've had good news at the scale these last couple of days... so I'm a giddy little cheerleader lately. You can slap me if it becomes necessary.
Old 09-06-2002, 11:34 AM   #43  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

well ladies,
I am sorry to dissapoint but I did fall of the wagon Wednesday night. I had three cigarettes, but I climbed back on and have not had one since. I will stay smoke free forever. Have changed my attitude towards it too. I really do appreciate the support. Thanks for caring!
Virginia
Old 09-06-2002, 11:40 AM   #44  
a brave new me...

Exclamation Way to go!!

This is excellent Virginia! Think of how happy your lungs and body are by not poisoning it any longer.

My husband used to do some serious drugs as a teenager and had to go through treatment to quit (pot, LSD, some coke, etc). Years later when he met me he quit smoking. He said it was far more difficult than quitting drug use. So I am feeling for you, as this is such a huge challenge. Remember that we are all here rooting for you.

Yes.. I have now officially donned a pleated skirt and am shaking my pom poms with vigor. And if you all knew me in "real life" you would just be in hysterics at this thought.
Old 09-06-2002, 11:49 AM   #45  
Queen of China

hmmmmm, let me see, now that it is Friday, I think i can make it through the week...no caffeen after 6:00pm, not eating after dinner at all. (bed time 7:30)
Closed Thread