3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Commitment a Week

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 10:57 PM   #16
a brave new me...

Wink We are family...

I'm 31... so that makes you say twenty years older than me mommy dearest.

Hopefully I will still be here in the morning... we have some wild tornados tearing through my area of the state. High winds, huge hail, tornado touchdowns, lots of rain, thunder, lightening... but not too much excitement in my backyard. This is the second time in the last thirty days. I live in some sort of storm alley as we get huge hail storms at least three or four times a season... not to mention the regular tornado warnings and thunder storms. Gotta love a good storm. So far I haven't had to "move to a place of safety" like my yucky basement with all the spiders.

198/187/128
5'2"

Last edited by Sojourner : 09-02-2002 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2002, 11:04 PM   #17

Height: 5'-2"

Yikes! That sounds very frightening, Sojo. I must admit I'm fascinated by tornados. But I've never lived in "storm alley".
Take good care of yourself, girl!

(I was 6 years old when I gave birth to you)

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 09-02-2002, 11:14 PM   #18
a brave new me...

Angry Tornados

Mommy... is that you?

We get all sorts of tornado touchdowns in Wisconsin... the closest I've ever been to one was when I was maybe 5 and one touched down a few blocks away. It basically leveled the entire block but luckily skipped right over my grandma's house... unbelievable! Tornados are funny that way. My husband's small hometown was totally flattened (yes, almsot the entire town) a few years back. The storms really don't scare me, its just part of life here. To be honest I find it kind of exciting. I would love to actually see a tornado. Well, this storm front seems to have moved on to Lake Michigan so all is calm.

I'm hungry and its after 8:00. Growl.

198/187/128
5'2"

Last edited by Sojourner : 09-02-2002 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2002, 11:25 PM   #19

Yes darling daughter... it is I.
I'm looking up tornadoes on the Internet right now. We used to get almost one per year when we lived in a small town outside of Ottawa. It was interesting to see the little twisters "starting" in the fields. I've never seen a real one, though.
I'm just going to read about the 1999 touchdowns... very interesting...

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 09-03-2002, 09:08 AM   #20
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Ellis,
YOu make me laugh, you make me cry. You are better than an R-Rated movie. You see I was the worst kind of smoker. The secret smoker! My hubby knew I smoked, but never around him, my kids did not know I smoked only a select few of other smokers or reformed smokers. Now you all know and it is not a secret. I WILL NOT SMOKE!
Virginia
Old 09-03-2002, 09:42 AM   #21

Virginia, if you put one damned cigarette in your mouth today, I'm going to do something drastic. I don't know how drastic it'll be as I'm umpteen hundreds of miles away from you, but believe me, IT'LL BE DRASTIC!!

JUST SAY NO!!!

And everyone else... stick to your damned commitments.
later darlings...

Old 09-03-2002, 10:16 AM   #22
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Well Ellis
With threats like that, I would be a damned fool to smoke woulnd't I ? I am going to do this, I am tired of smelly clothes, and breath, and disgusted looks from DH, and I want to feel much healthier too. Thanks !
Virginia
Old 09-03-2002, 10:36 AM   #23
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Wanttolosealot-GOOD FOR YOU!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Ellis-Can I be the crazy aunt with 14 cats who always gives the kids stale candy?
Old 09-03-2002, 10:55 AM   #24

Yes, Den. You may call me Auntie El.

Old 09-03-2002, 11:03 AM   #25
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

NO!! I want to be the crazy aunt (pout)
Old 09-03-2002, 11:22 AM   #26

oh good grief... I'm such a ding dong. YOU want to be the aunt!! Gotcha. I'm a little slow this morning.
What shall I call you? Auntie Marmite?
You may call me "Little Lulu".

Old 09-03-2002, 12:11 PM   #27
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Oh my gosh, you guys are cracking me up! DH & I always joke about the crazy cat lady, every neighborhood has one! That is my goal in life, to have 42 cats with 1 litter box, and I want to chase away the kids that come into my yard! And heaven help them if a ball lands in my grass!
Old 09-03-2002, 07:02 PM   #28
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sniff, sniff.. that better not be smoke I am smelling

Wanttolosealot-congrats for deciding to quit smoking! You can do it and we will all be cheering you on.

I have been sick for the last 2 day and did not go to work today so I managed to drink water and only one cup of decaf tea cut down to 1 tsp of sugar. And so it begins.....

Hey can I be the rich, eccentric, jet-setting Auntie who drops in on the family just to shake things up once in a while (like the aunt in the movie Auntie Mame?
Old 09-03-2002, 07:22 PM   #29

Dear Auntie Evil,
I'm running a little short. Please send me $100 000 ASAP. Drop in anytime. xoxo

Old 09-03-2002, 09:07 PM   #30
the kid's counting on me!

Mauvais, my dd just ventured in here and asked me if your avatar was me. I love that kid. I don't have time to respond to all of this lunacy right now...gotta put the little angel to bed so she can be up bright and early for her first day of kindergarten. Love Soozie
ps, honestly I look nothing like that picture but kids see what they want to see!!!! Gotta love that.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.