Commitment a Week

You're on Page 10 of 11
Go to
  • Hi Suzzi
    Suzzi- in your bio you were asking about the pictures and words under our names.

I am not an expert on the subject so please don't yell at me if it doesn't work

Go to the top of this page and click on "user cp" then go into "edit profile" Where it says custom user text in the space marked "new title" type in what you want then click on "submit modifications" which is at the very bottom of the page.

for the avatars (pictures) go into "user cp" again and click on "edit options"and scroll down to the word Avatar and click on it. This will take you to a screen that has several pictures on it to choose from. I think you just click on the one you want and then click on "submit modifications"

I got mine elsewhere but the process of attaching it is too much for me to walk you through.

Perhaps some one else who knows how to do it better than I can will offer their assistance? Come on chickies, any volunteers?
  • Welcome Suzzi! Unless you're computer savvy, I'd recommend you choose an avatar from the selection provided here. To use a custom avatar like mine or mauvais', you have to have a website of your own to upload the image to, and then link to it from your profile here. Unless of course, you can bribe your SO, friend, cousin, neighbor, whoever, to do it for you.

Today is Thanksgiving and we're going to my uncle's place for dinner, so today doesn't count, just going to do the "all things in moderation" thing today. Starting tomorrow, my commitment for the week is 30 min. of exercise each day, plus 100 stomach crunches a day. My back is getting to be a nuisance and it was much better when I was doing my crunches. I am also going to make sure I get that water in!

I AM DECLARING WAR! I refuse to gain any of the weight back, and I've been stuck for long enough.
  • Okay, I'm commited to going to the gym at least 3 times this week. the end
  • I blew it, I blew it, I blew it!
    no way can I justify cheesecake for breakfast, in spite of the fact that it is dairy...with fruit...sort of a suped-up yougurt...with a crust...ugh!
    but it was in the morning, not aftr 8:00 pm, and I had to walk to the fridge to get it...and lift it...
    damn...
    another day, another chance to start again.
    I think my biggest problem is that all social activites in my life include food. So, if I lock myself in my bedroom for oh, 3 years, everything will be alright.
  • Would anyone be interested in posting to a daily food journal? We used to do this for the Alternative Group on the Support board. It's a place to record your food intake to be accountable. We also used to get some new ideas from each other and advice.
  • Do it, Wildfire! I'll join you!
  • Okey-dokey!
  • I am commiting to doing my pilates tape at least 3 times this week and practicing my belly dancing at home. We may have a show to do at the end of November I'm not sure if I will perform or not.
  • SURE WILDFIRE!! I'M GAME FOR THE DAILY FOOD JOURNAL.
    THAT MIGHT HELP KEEP ME FROM CHEATING.
  • what do you mean, "a show", Mauvais? You're going to bellydance in a strip joint? Ruth and I will come and clap.
  • Ok
    No more potatoes. It seems I'm allergic to them anyway. Even just a plain baked potato turns my face red & gives me a baaaaad tummyache.

So that is my committment. No more. I'd been doing very well w/that the last 2 years or so but the last month I've eaten them 3 times.
  • Where oh WHere!!!????
    Am I losing my mind? I can not firgure out where I posted my commitment, or if I did, for the Halloween Challenge. I can not remember how much I said or if I even did post. HELP!!!!!
    Well, I am going to commit to 4 lbs right now, from now till the 31st. If anyone finds where I put my commitment at please inform this absent minded chick.
    Virginia
  • Did you check your bra? I always lose things in there!
  • Lost commitments...
    Maybe check back in the old weigh in threads... you may have posted a goal there. I need to lose a few more pounds by the end of the month... time to suck it up!
  • Ruth-YUP!! Sometimes even a snack for later!!!