Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 09:34 AM   #16  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

This has been a bad month hasn't it? *hugs to all!*

I am here. Not good, but could be worse. I am just kind of here. I have been really tired and yesterday all of a sudden (like within 3 hours) I went from fine to a nasty cold of some sort. Figures I get sick on the long weekend.

Still haven't talked to the boy yet. I still want to though. I just want to know what he thinks of the whole thing. It may not change our relationship at all. And I wouldn't mind. Just want to compare where his head is at with mine I guess. He maybe back around this weekend sometime but then he should be off to Cali. for 3 months.

But now I am going to crawl back into bed.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:25 AM   #17  
Hot Stuff

Christina, I gather from the replies that you are going to have a lumpectomy. Please know my heart is with you. I'm so glad you took such quick action and are being treated soon.

Sojourner, hope you're knitting booties next month!

Everyone hang in there! It wouldn't be life without downs between the ups. Makes us appreciate the ups more.

I'm freaking out just a tad. I have a molar that my dentist has wanted to do a root canal on, but I resisted because I had no pain/sensitivity and I said, Oh we'll do it later. Well a couple of days ago I guess I ground my teeth really hard in my sleep because it woke me up. Now I feel like I have a golf ball in my jaw....only there's no abcess or swelling in my gums, and it actually feels like it's in my jaw BONE. I just don't have time for this s**t! I snuck away from work to go to my dentist, except he is away for three weeks and a new, YOUNG, dentist had a look at it. He gave me six days' worth of Penicillin to see if it will clear up whatever is going on in there. He looked like he was 12! I'm supposed to call my dentist in a couple of weeks to follow up. Yeah, but I work freakin 12 hour days! They'll have to beat me over the head to get to me in for a root canal...never had one, dont think I could do it. I know, this is trivial...but I'm totally freaked out.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:17 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey! My sister-in-law's girlfriend had her surgery yesterday. The doctors removed the lump plus one ovary, and said they're 96% sure that it's not cancerous!

Wildfire, I'm so sorry about your tooth problems. I hate having anyone fiddling about inside my mouth. I hope the Penicillin works, and that you don't have to have anything done. xoxo

Squeak, I really hope that you see your boy this weekend. You really need to get that cleared up, and then I know you'll feel so much better. Thinking of you lots, sweetie... xoxo

Love to everyone...
Old 09-01-2002, 11:04 AM   #19  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis-GREAT NEWS!!!!! Your SIL (and the rest of you, of course!) must be breathing a HUGE sigh of relief. Your daughter is a woman!! Sounds like time to celebrate!!

Wildfire-Sorry to hear about the tooth. YUCK!!!

Squeak-Don't want to sound bossy, but I think you should talk to the boy. It would "clear the air", and KNOWING where you two stand (even if it is that you both aren't sure!!) is better than not knowing.

Mauvais-Are you sleeping yet? Wow!! Lots of us here with sleeping difficulties!!

To all the rest of you...

Old 09-02-2002, 02:56 PM   #20  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Woo hoo Ellis - I am glad things went well for your SIL's GF.

Wildfire - Hope your tooth is feeling better or at least you get it out soon.

Sojo - Hope you need to buy baby stuff soon.

Mauvais - I hope your sleep has improved!

Den - you are right we did need to talk even if we are both taking things as they come.

Well I saw my baby this weekend. He just left. And as you can tell (probably) things went well. My bruised ego- low self esteem self has been reassured that yes it does have a bit to do with me and not that I am just a willing body. Our relationship hasn't changed. We aren't dating (which is much better in theory then in practice anyway) but we do care for each other. Even before we talked it was very cuddly. Lots of hand holding (which is actually something newish - and mostly initiated by him) and general cuteness. And a lot of silliness (tickling & pillow fights). I think we hugged goodbye 3 times. (and they were long hugs too). He is on his way home to Ohio for a bit until things with the California job get straightened out. Now I am just bummed knowing I won't see him at all for 3 months. He was surprised when I mentioned that when he gets back it will be time for my work Xmas party (after which last year was when the whole thing started). He was surprised that it will soon be a year. It will be 3 years since we met on the 9th. We met on 9/9/99.

And while my bad mood isn't completely gone, at least my rampant imagination has been put in check a bit. It is not as bad as I always think.

squeak
Old 09-02-2002, 07:16 PM   #21  

Squeak-I'm glad the talk went well. It USUALLY isn't as bad as you are afraid it is going to be!!!!
Old 09-02-2002, 07:43 PM   #22  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Oh my I missed so much this weekend!

Sojo, My prayers will be with you! Luckily I did not have to go through any waiting, but I can only imagine how heartbreaking it must be every month! As was stated, buy boxers, no bike rides, & get him to cut out caffiene too! Tell him he does it now, you will do it for the next 9 months! Just remember God has a sense of humor, as my girlfriend with 5 children under the age of 6 can atest! Tried over a year for the first one, didn't use any protection thinking it took forever for first one, 4 months later pregnant again...with twins. Hubby had vasectomy scheduled, chickend out, & rescheduled for 2 months later...too late...pregnant again....Oh & twins again! 5 children within 3 years! YIKES! Hopefully we can have a funny little story like this to share about you soon! Somewhere out there is a perfect little one just waiting to introduced to you, whether it be through adoption, or labor, he/she will be very lucky!

Squeak, Glad to hear the talk went well! Maybe he will decide to change things once he misses you during this time apart!

Ellis,, Glad to hear your family had good news! The waiting is awful, but hearing good news must be wonderful!

Opps sorry I didn't get to everyone, kids are killing each other down stairs, be back as soon as my referee duties are over!
Old 09-02-2002, 08:52 PM   #23  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi everyone!

I had a good day and I bad day yesterday. We drove down to the town where my mother-in-law lived, we haven't been there since she died four years ago. DH just took a notion to go there so we jumped in the van and went. It was bittersweet-good memories but with that overhanging sense of loss. The worst was driving by her old house, I almost started crying but tried not to because I didn't want to set Hubby off as I know he was struggling with his emotions too. She was a kind person and I felt really close to her and really loved her and miss her.

Ellis-glad to hear your SIL is going to be okay! I guess your little girl is really growing up now too

Christina-I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers when you go in for your operation

Squeaker-glad to hear your talk with the boy went well!

Sojourner-good luck with your parental aspirations...something will work out for you one way or the other I'm sure

Wildfire-I hope your tooth gets taken care of soon, having toothache is miserable
Old 09-02-2002, 09:31 PM   #24  

Mauvais, you're back! We've missed you!
That's bizarre... a couple of days ago, WE went to the cemetary where my DH's dad was buried 4 years ago. You know what's really nice, Mauvais? Is that you loved and miss your MIL and I loved and miss my FIL. That's fairly unusual, and I always think that, despite the sense of loss, there's something very nice about regretting a person's passing. Wouldn't it be awful not to be missed? Or not to give a damn because you'd lost someone. I'm babbling, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Hugs, sweetie...

Christina... thinking about you lots... vent when you need to ... we're here for you. xoxo

Squeak, I'm so glad that you saw your boy and talked things out. The waiting really IS the worst. I'm so sorry you've got low self-esteem. I guess we all do to a certain extent, but YOU have NO reason to feel it! You're VERY attractive, and you're nice and sweet and good and funny and fun!! Don't ever judge yourself by the number of guys that are swarming around you. It doesn't mean a damned thing. And what a great relationship you've got with your boy. Really, when it comes right down to it, there's NOTHING better than simply a good friendship. It's the best.

Den, do you really think I should celebrate with my daughter? My mom took my sister and I out to lunch when we got OUR periods. Which seemed sort of ummm, weird. I HAVE been very nice to her about it... Listen... she's still got it, and she was planning on wearing beige pants to school tomorrow. I've convinced her to wear jeans... that's all she'd need is to start a new school with a blood stain on her pants the first day!

Wildfire, dear... get to the dentist. I swear we're all feeling the pain here. xoxo

Hello everyone else... hugs and kisses...
Old 09-03-2002, 01:02 PM   #25  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all...

Feelin' poopy today, headache, dizzy, light-headed and a bit nauseaus (sp??). Some 3 day weekend... I spent it killing myself trying to have fun. I WANT A DO-OVER!!!!!

Squeak - I'm so glad you got to talk to your boy and that it settled you somewhat. I remember all too well that feeling of "what IS going on???". Frustrating for sure. I hope it continues to get ironed out.

Ellis - That is wonderful news!!! I'm sure your SIL's girlfriend is beyond thrilled to hear such great news!

Wildfire - ouuuuuuch! Ya know, you just convinced me to quit putting off my teeth cleaning. They also want to replace an old filling and I've been avoiding it because it doesn't hurt. Guess I shouldn't wait...

Sojo - I really, truely hope you are knittin' booties soon. I spent some time this weekend hoping my stay-puff fertility god didn't offend in some way.

Off to attempt work... damned monitor keeps moving and now my Mom's trying to feed me Benadryl - which is just gonna send me to la-la land... Zzzzzzzz....
Old 09-03-2002, 02:47 PM   #26  

Punkin... you poor girl. I'm so sorry you're feeling crappy. Get lots of rest... cozy up in bed and get someone to wait on you hand and foot. ?? (we wish!)
Would you like us to come over and nurture you back to health?
hugs sweetie...
Old 09-03-2002, 03:15 PM   #27  
Is it Friday yet?

Eh, I'm still at work.... sometimes it sucks being so indespensable! Besides, sometimes it's better to stay here than try to figure out what in the **** my Mom did when I get back!

Feeling better thank you (hug, kiss) thanks to some non-drowsy antihystamine type stuff. I've developed 2 things since moving to the great Pacific Northwest - a nasty allergy to juniper and sagebrush and extreme sensitivity to weather change/barometric pressure. Well, last night was very windy and today a storm's coming in so I think I just got a double whammy.

I'm hangin' in there and cutting out early to go do work errands, then I'm going home putting on my pj's and cuddling kitties. No one to cater to my every whim... only the kitties, and they BITE my hands and feet, not wait on them.

Terri
Old 09-03-2002, 07:25 PM   #28  
Hot Stuff

I was at the point of pulling all my hair out last night and pacing the floor, moaning at the top of lungs when hubby said, "Call the pharmacy and beg for narcotics." So I did. They gave me Tylenol with codeine. I've never taken them before, and boy oh boy did I get stoned! Had to get up at 2am for another dose, but at least I was able to sleep some last night. Coming down off them this morning was not pleasant...had the shakes and everything. (Two extra-strenth Tylenol can put me out for an hour if I get the chance to lie down, barring any dental pain.)

So at 6am I call my boss (who is already at work ) and tell him I'm in rough shape, I'm going to camp out at the dentist's office until he sees me, and my hubby has to drive me because I'm all strung out on codeine. Boss man was not impressed because hubby and I work together, so the boss was out two people in his department. Oh well...I flat out told him that I was in pain and my health is more important to me than anything that could happen at work today. He was even more unimpressed, as was I.

Got to the dentist by 8am and MY dentist was there!!! He upped my antibiotics. I'm now on Amoxicillan, 2000mg a day, which is double what the other guy had me on. I have to go back on Saturday morning so he can look at it again to make sure it's healing and have a cleaning while I'm there (Punkin, go get it DONE! Don't end up like this! ), then on Monday night at 6pm.....the dreaded root canal . As terrified as I am and even knowing I'll have a full-blown panic attack in the parking lot that night, I'm going, and I'm having those roots yanked out! Enough of this. If I'd done it when he wanted to I wouldn't be in such pain now. Okay, so I tried to get him to pull it today and he told me I'm only 33 and too young to start losing my teeth when there's a chance it can be saved.

I'm still in agony, but at least now I have narcotics.

Punkin, hope you're feeling better.

Squeaker, glad you saw the boy and feel a little more secure. Really sucks that he's leaving for three months, though.

Mauvais, it's hard dealing with the sorrow, but the memories are worth it, aren't they? Bittersweet is such a good description.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there. I'm going to suck tea through a straw in the hope that the heat won't hit my chipmunk cheek.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:10 PM   #29  

Wildfire-Glad to hear that the dentist saw you!! Your boss stinks.

Punkin-Glad to hear YOU are feeling better. I get knocked out with weather changes too!!

Ellis-My Mom gave me a plant with red leaves, and I commented on how appropriate it was. She was not amused (I was warped then too.) We moved shortly afterwards, and I was told we'd come back for the plant. By the time we did it had died. I was REALLY upset (but didn't show it...you know the story!) It seems like a big milestone like that should be commemorated, but you know your daughter better than I do. If you think she'd think it was dumb then don't! My little menstrual plant sure meant a lot to me though (UNTIL IT DIED THAT IS!!! no, I don't hold grudges!!)

Mauvais-It is great that you had such a good relationship with your MIL. It must have been difficult going there, but it is good that you did. I hope you are feeling better soon!
Old 09-04-2002, 09:43 AM   #30  

Terri, how are you feeling this morning? You sounded a little better yesterday. I haven't been sick in about a year... very bizarre... Keep out of the rain, hon!

Wildfire, I'm so glad you got some real drugs! I hope they've kicked in, and the pain is gone.
Your boss sounds like an a-hole. What the heck is wrong with him?
You're going to be glad that you got the root-canal. I'm sure it won't be pleasant, but anything's got to be better than what you're going through NOW! Take care...

Den, that plant... what a ummm, lovely idea! Maybe I SHOULD pick her something up. We're all going to buy new running shoes tonight... I'll see what I can find. Perhaps a red book? A red box? ...

Last edited by ellis; 09-04-2002 at 09:54 AM.
Closed Thread