Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 11:35 AM   #106  
a brave new me...

Angry Soozie...

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It sounds like you had quite the journey and I am so happy to know that you were blessed with a beautiful daughter. I am really trying to focus on giving this up to God and not obsessing about it... one way or another we will have children, whether through natural means, assisted means, or through adoption. Sometimes it feels like we are the only ones going through this... but I know its not true. My mom keeps telling me to take this one day at a time which is so difficult. But the alternative is to obsess and become more depressed and worried. Stories like yours help me to be more hopeful and positive... thanks again!
Old 10-23-2002, 03:19 PM   #107  

Sojo I wish you all the luck in the world in trying to get pregnant. I too know what it is like having a difficult time getting pregnant. It took DH and I over 4 years and i had NEVER been on birthcontroll pills. Most women in my family there signifigant other looks at them funny and their pregnant. The really hard part was finding out that family and friends were expecting and bragged that they didn't have to try hardly at all. DH and i hadn't told any of our families that were were trying to get pregnant so they had no idea what they were doing to us. But alas we now have an adorable (IMHO) little girl. I finally got pregnant after getting severly sick and not being able to find anything wrong with me (I think from stress) and the Dr putting me on medacine and saying " What ever you do DO NOT get pregnant." Well of course being one to never listen to Dr's. 3 weeks later I was pregnant. Hold your head high and hang in there it will happen for you one way or another.

Ok now on to a little bad news. I'm going in friday to have a Lumpectomy. I found a large lump in my breast a little over a month ago. I had an ultra sound and a Mammo done the Head radiologist was imphatic that i get further diagnosis promptly. So Last Tuesday i had a Needle biopsy done but they couldn't get enough cells for a conclusive diagnosis and yesterday when i went back to see the surgen he said i should have the lump removed as soon as possible. I go in friday morning for a lumpectomy. He said he hoped to be able to give me a diagnosis when i come out of surgery but the actual pathology report would probably take another week.

This last month has been really rough but i think i'm ready to handle the result no matter what they are, it's just the surgery its self that has me really scared. My DH and my parent will be going to the hospital with me and my MIL will be keeping DD Thursday night and friday and told us not to worry about coming to get her till i'm ready, even if it's not till saterday. I'm sure everything will go fine and come back that it's nothing but atleast i'll know for sure.
Thanks MrsM95
Old 10-23-2002, 05:12 PM   #108  

Height: 5'-2"

MrsM, I'm so sorry you're going through this.
It's great that your doctor isn't dilly-dallying. You're going to get that darned thing out and then get on with your wonderful life. Friday seems a long way away now, but you'll soon have it all behind you. I know you're going to be okay. Keep your positive attitude, hon.
love, hugs and prayers...
ellis
Old 10-23-2002, 05:38 PM   #109  

By the way...
could I ask for prayers/good thoughts/etc for a little boy. He's eleven, and has a large lump growing in his brain. I don't know how they're going to remove it, and if they do, what kind of damage it'll do. He's one of my sister's students, and we're so very sad...
thanks...
Old 10-23-2002, 05:52 PM   #110  
Is it Friday yet?

Sojo, wow, what news... I guess there's something to be said for at least knowing WHY this is happening vs. infertility with no apparent reason. Keep up your faith and hope - you know we're here for ya.

Ellis - I will definately keep your sister's student in my thoughts. It must be very frightening for him.

MrsM - You take care too. I hope all goes well with the lumpectomy. My Mom went through one (well, one on each breast) 3 years ago and it was no fun. Keep us posted and think positive!

Soozie - Your story gave me goosebumps - literally! What an amazing story, one I'm sure your daughter will love to hear over and over. One of my favorite shows is Birth Stories - I get all emotional...

Hugs to you all!

Terri
Old 10-23-2002, 06:45 PM   #111  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

hugs to you all! I will be thinking about all of you.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:34 PM   #112  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Sojo, MrM, and Ellis I will be thinking and praying for you all. You will all get through this, and grow stronger because of it. Ellis that poor little guy, he must be very scared.Thinking of you all, like I do every day. I bet there isn't a day goes by that I do not discuss my online friends with my off line friends. Wishing you all the best! Take care!
Virginia
Old 10-23-2002, 11:23 PM   #113  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Mrs. M. I will be sending you prayers and healing , hope all goes well with your operation.

Ellis- I will be sending out prayers for that little boy too!

Sojo- sending you good fertility vibes hope you get some good news soon!
Old 10-24-2002, 12:04 AM   #114  

I'll be thinking of you all and sending positive <<<healthy vibes>>>
Old 10-24-2002, 03:29 AM   #115  

Thank you Cheez, Mauvais, Virginia, Squeak and Terri.
love you all...

Sojo and MrsM... thinking of you lots, girls... hugs and prayers...
Old 10-24-2002, 06:37 AM   #116  

Hello everyone,
Just wanted you to know you are all in my thoughts. Ellis, I am thinking of your sisters student, sojo and Mrsm95 you are both in my thoughts.
Jinxii
Old 10-24-2002, 07:35 AM   #117  

Thank you, Jinxii.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:49 AM   #118  
the kid's counting on me!

Sojo, Ellis, and MrsM...sending healing prayers your way...
Sojo...you have a great attitude!!
Terri...thanks...birth and death are such amazing things and are so spiritual and mysterious...they tie us to the earth and to each other...know wonder
you like that tv show! ...I talk like this and I'm not even a pagan...well at least not in name...
Love, Soozie
Old 10-24-2002, 01:20 PM   #119  

Thank You everyone for your prayers and Kind thoughts. I'm trying not to let my nerves get the better of me. I hate it when i get nervous about things because i tend to eat everything i can get my hands on but i'm making an effort to eat lots of things that are good for me.

Ellis - your sisters student will be in my prayers as well.
MrsM95

ps - I'll try and check in as soon as i can to let you all know how i'm doing.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:33 PM   #120  

Hang in there, MrsM. Let us know how you are when you get a chance to get back on the computer...
hugs and prayers (of course)
xoxo ellis
Closed Thread