Nurturing the Nuts

You're on Page 5 of 10
Go to
  • Punkin, I'm sorry that Piranha isn't with you anymore. Don't feel silly about being sad over your fish! Fourteen years is a long time. You were responsible for Piranha's well-being and made sure he(?) had the necessities of life and a proper environment, and you did a fantastic job as a fish-mom for Piranha to have spent 14 years in your care. Of course you feel the loss!
  • Punkin...I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved fish. Please don't feel silly. A pet is a pet no matter what the species! They are a part of our lives, it's only natural to miss them when they are gone. Be kind to yourself. Take care.
  • Thank you all so much.... I guess because you can't cuddle a fish or get love in return, it felt odd to consider this a legitimate loss. My Mom took care of fishy, put her in a box and wants to put her in the family pet cemetary. 14 years is ancient for a fish, but I've been told Jack Dempsy's have records of living to be quite old. I guess I was a good fish Mom.

As for being a good cat Mom, that remains to be seen.... apparently in an attempt to cheer me up yesterday Maia, my youngest cat, decided to show me how much she enjoys eating soap - yes, soap! So, it's getting locked up now too, along with my kitchen sponge (she eats the green abrasive stuff off the one side), toilet paper and straws for my cups.

Terri
  • Terri, so sorry to hear about Piranha!!! Hope your cat eats something else goofy to cheer you up more!!! Love, soozie
  • Hi everyone.

I haven't been posting that much lately as I have been feeling depressed and worried. I have been having pain in one of my breasts for a couple of weeks and went to the doctor about it yesterday.

She checked everything but is has not found a lump. But she is concerned enough to be sending me for a mammogram given my family history. My appointment is for tomorrow morning and I have to admit that I am really scared. I am only 35 and have never had a mammogram before and I am worried because my Mom had a lumpectomy about 9 years ago.

She also told me to stop taking my birth control pills, permanently, so that will be another issue to discuss with DH.
    He has been very supportive and has been babying me for the last 2 days and will be driving me to the clinic tomorrow for moral support.

Talk to you all soon.
    Mauvais
  • I am sorry you aren't feeling well hun. *hugs* I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

squeak
  • Hey Mauvais, Sorry that you have been stressed honey! If you have some meat on your bones mammograms are usually pretty no big deal...if you have very teeny weeny boobies and the radiology tech has to find them and smoosh them it is a bit more uncomfortable. But, it is a fairly quick procedure and well worth any discomfort.

Where I go they have a sign that says, we compress because we care!

I'm hope that everything goes well tomorrow...usually pain is a good sign because it is rarely a symptom of breast cancer.

Think positive and lean on hubby....glad that he is being supportive.

Take care and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow
    Soozie
  • Mauvais-I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. Soozie is right, mammograms are not exactly fun, but they are worth it. Hopefully yours will come back clear. Let us know what happens sweetie. We'll all be sending good vibes your way tomorrow morning! I'm glad your hubby is being supportive. It is easier to go through stressful things like this when you have someone who will support you like that.

xxoo
  • Mauvais, take a couple of 222's an hour before the procedure. Yes, it is very uncomfortable but we girls have to do it. Try not to fret - I had a major scare last summer but it turned out to be a swollen gland from black fly bites and went away on its own after two mammos and ultra-sound.
  • Mauvais, take care. I hope everything goes well today - report back as soon as you can. I hope you're feeling better soon too!

Terri
  • Mauvais,
    Sneding you good vibes and a big hug, I m sure everythign is fine, but it is great to have it checked out to releive your mind. Virginia
  • Mauvais...good luck to you and thanks for reminding me to make an appointment for my annual squash fest! DH sounds like a gem. Good thoughts and positive vibes comin' atcha!
  • Just popped in and wanted to send my to you, Mauvais. Do something special for yourself after the smooshing....like spend the day at home in bed with hubby and make the rest of the world just wait.
  • Mauvais sweetie... just got back and saw your post... I'm sorry I missed you. I hope that everything went okay. I'll be saying lots of prayers for you. Stay calm... all will be well.
    We love you!!
    xoxo ellis
  • Thanks everyone for all of your prayers, kind thoughts and good vibes! They must have worked as I got a call from the doctor's office at work this afternoon and they told me that there was nothing on the mammogram As soon as I put the receiver down I started shaking and crying from sheer relief! I guess I had all my emotions corked up for the last two days by trying not to show everyone how freaked out I was.

The doctor told me to stop taking the Pill as of Tuesday this week and no caffeine for at least a month. She thinks it may be the hormones in the Pill or caffeine related (though I have cut back a lot in the last 4 months) I have to see her again in a month's time so we will see what happens I am just so glad it is not the big C