Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #46  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaamDementia View Post
Anyone have the back of their neck done? I've really been toying with the idea but keep hearing horror stories of it rejecting. Already been there, done that - don't want to do it with another piercing.
I've been wanting it done since I was 16, and I'm now 23. One day, one day..

I love that this thread was made. It helps make me feel like I belong when I don't always feel that way on this forum.

I have as 12g conch in my left ear, and a 16g tragus in my right. I want to match them in each ear though for some balance. I used to have my daith and multiple lobe piercings. I had 2g lobes but I had a blowout and did not realize it, so I had my lobe reject which I've never seen happen to someone else before. I've got a nice nasty ball of scar tissue there.

I have a 16g nostril, 10g septum and 14g labret. I used to have my tongue and smilie pierced as well as my left nipple and upper and lower navel pierced.

One of my goals is to lose enough weight and get a flat belly to get my navel pierced again.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 264/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I have a labret piercing... the shop that pierced it for me used a product called bioflex for it because its supposed to be easier on your teeth than a metal. Its kind of like silicone and a little bendy so rather than steel running into your teeth if you get hit in the lip or anything it has a bit of cushion and give. I've had mine for 3 years and the dentist says its not affecting them at all...which is good because I didn't want to have to take it out.

Thought alot about getting my nose pierced but I have cartilage piercings in my one ear and they took forever to heal so I'm worried my nose would be the same. We'll see...like someone else mentioned maybe that'd be a good reward down the line
Old 05-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #48  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issa View Post
I have a labret piercing... the shop that pierced it for me used a product called bioflex for it because its supposed to be easier on your teeth than a metal. Its kind of like silicone and a little bendy so rather than steel running into your teeth if you get hit in the lip or anything it has a bit of cushion and give. I've had mine for 3 years and the dentist says its not affecting them at all...which is good because I didn't want to have to take it out.

Thought alot about getting my nose pierced but I have cartilage piercings in my one ear and they took forever to heal so I'm worried my nose would be the same. We'll see...like someone else mentioned maybe that'd be a good reward down the line
MY nose piercing healed fairly quickly. My cartilage piercings all heal very slowly but my nose only took a few weeks.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:38 AM   #49  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaamDementia View Post
Anyone have the back of their neck done? I've really been toying with the idea but keep hearing horror stories of it rejecting. Already been there, done that - don't want to do it with another piercing.
Most surface piercings (save for eyebrows for some reason) will eventually reject, whether it's in a month or a year or two. It's just the nature of the type of piercing. A lot of piercers consider surface piercings like the nape of the neck or the wrist a temporary piercing. An alternative if you're looking for something more on the permanent side (more permanent than a regular piercing, but removable if need be) you could look into sub-dermal implants. They're kind of like a one sided surface piercing, and look really cool. I'm planning on getting a few when I can get out to Arizona, there is a shop there with a guy who specializes in sub-dermal work.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #50  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issa View Post
The nose heals soooo much quicker than cartilage piercings! My industrial took close to 10 months to completely heal. My nostril was good to go in about 4 weeks.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 264/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

4 weeks healing isn't bad at all... hmm
Old 05-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 291/261.8/150

Height: 5' 8"

I have a question...

I got my navel pierced about 9 years ago and I figure I weighed around 230 lbs at the time. I loved my piercing and had it for 2 or 3 years but then lost one of the balls on the barbell, and at the time had no way of getting a replacement. I figured I'd just let it close up since I never showed my stomach anyways (I always sort of saw the belly ring as incentive to lose weight but never seemed to do it). Fast forward to last year. I discovered that my piercing hadn't closed up like I thought it would have, but I was also about 40 lbs or so heavier than when I had the piercing done. I bought a couple of the standard length barbells but they seemed to sink into the piercing a little too much. I ended up settling on one that is 5/8" which is very comfortable for the most part.. So what I as curious about is when I get down to my goal weight is there a chance that I'll be able to wear the more standard lengths of 3/8" or 7/16"? Or will I probably be sticking with that 5/8" forever. I'm really hoping I can wear the more standard sizes... there is a lot more to choose from and they tend to be cheaper
Old 05-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #53  

I've never had a belly piercing so I don't know. The best person to ask would be a piercer but I think you should just enjoy the piercing as it is and worry about it when you lose the weight. Also - for future reference - I know MY piercer always replaces the balls on barbells or CBR's for free - even if you just want to change colors.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #54  

I'm so bummed ! Think I'm going to have to retire my tongue piercing and I love it. Just had it done in January and in the past week I've noticed that behind my bottom front teeth is sensitive sometimes so I'm guessing the ball is rubbing on my gums. I'm going to see my piercer tomorrow. The barbell I have has quite a bit of play in it so I'm hoping maybe I can downsize (think this is 7/8" so I'm hoping maybe going down to a 5/8" might help). It's definitely not worth losing teeth over but I'm hoping maybe I can save this. When I measure the barbell from end to end it's 7/8".

Last edited by witchyonadiet; 05-21-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:43 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkalarmclock View Post
I didn't see a piercings thread and thought it was necessary. I've got some piercings in my ear including 1/2inch gauged ears but the "most extreme" piercing I got was my collar bone surface piercings which are dead now.
aw, i had my collar surface piercings too, RIP

i don't have that many now that i've moved back in with my parents. I have stretched lobes, idk what size they are though, i just wear weights. (they were 1" a couple of months ago) I also have 2g punched conches, nipples and septum as well.

I want to get down to 160 to FINALLY get a prince albertina. i'm excited.

Last edited by therex; 06-30-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #56  
Getting there....

S/C/G: 129/118/68ish thats in kilo's

im a baby... i stuck with my tattoos.... had my ears pierced when i was 3 days old...... had a second hole done when i was 14... wore same pairs i was pierced with until i was pregnant then they irritated me took them out, now only wear for special occasions.. However.... my 30th birthday i decided to "go crazy" and instead of just a tattoo i got my nipples pierced. LOVE them... but thats it piercing wise for me..
Old 07-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #57  
Little Vixen

S/C/G: 247/230.6/120-115

Height: 4'11"

Default Ahhh piercings!

Ears of course were my first ever I have 3 piercings in each lobe and 2 upper ear cartilege in my left ear, my first holes are streatched to about a 6/4 depending on the jewelry. Got my belly button @ 18, but had to take it out when after two years I got pregnant and it only then started to reject, my tongue @ 20 after I had the baby was my next dive into piercing the real way(currently out), and my nostril has been done sooooo many times I can't even give you the ages because it never heals right and I always try again (its currently not pierced) But my favorite piercing of all time is the dermal anchor by my rigth eye. I adore it! It did leave me with a black eye for 3 days but it is stunning and I always get compliments on it! I am wanting to get more of those but haven't decided where yet...maybe those can be a weight loss reward for me LOL.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #58  

Height: 5'9"

I pierced my labret in my bathroom with a long, thick sewing needle and some leather. Getting the needle through my lip sucked. Pulling it through wasn't so bad. Pushing the stud in after, that really sucked. The needle hadn't stretched the hole enough. But in the end, I was happy. Though I don't wear it anymore. Figures.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:55 AM   #59  
Little Vixen

S/C/G: 247/230.6/120-115

Height: 4'11"

Default Yikes

OH MY GOSH! I love the one near my eye, it took some time to get used to, but luckily I can unscrew it and no one can really tell what it is because the anchor is really small, most people think its a beauty mark or mole or something when its out. I couldn't imagine ripping them out! Getting it in was painful enough! YIKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
I do miss the microdermals, but I expanded in my line of work and really couldn't keep them in and look professional.

ETA: I can't imagine getting any in my face, though. Removal sucks, as does the scarring. I accidentally pulled one of mine out twice in one day. To the horror of my piercer boyfriend (at the time), I rinsed it off and put it back in myself both times.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:19 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
However.... my 30th birthday i decided to "go crazy" and instead of just a tattoo i got my nipples pierced. LOVE them... but thats it piercing wise for me..
My bestfriend is a full-time paramedic and part-time professional piercer. For my 30th birthday she pierced both of my nipples. Later on, she did my right eyebrow, but I ended up having to take it out for work b/c they finally wrote a policy on it that forbid us to even wear clear retainers. I've always wanted my tongue done but it's the only thing my mom has ever told me would "disappoint" her. I like the Monroe piercings and the Industrial piercings, but it looks like they're not in the cards for me unless I find another agency to work for that allows them...and I seriously doubt I'd find one. Aside from that all I have is my 2 holes in each ear.
Closed Thread