Alternachat Aug/Sept

You're on Page 7 of 16
Go to
  • I'm back...
    My stupid !@#$^ keyboard broke Monday night and I have been out of touch on the internet!! Man, I am an addict. I almost went nuts. Then I have had to deal with idiot customer service folks at Gateway. My new replacement keyboard was supposed to arrive today and did not... they haven't even shipped it out yet. This is a big deal because I work out of my home and am self-employed. I have thus had a mini-vacation for two days when I should have been very busy. Plus today I sat home all day waiting for the friggin UPS guy to show up with my keyboard and NO ONE. Grrrrr. So I ended up going out and buying one which I will have to return once my replacement arrives (it is free since its still under warranty).

Anyway, glad to be back on line. I'm starving but its late so nothing to eat for me. Whose dumb idea was it to do this commitment a week challenge anyway?? Yeah, that would be me.

I have done my new bellydancing video the last couple of days and it is pretty fun... I might actually stick with this one. Haven't tried the Afro-Brazilian Cardio yet. Tonight I have a headache and my neck is killing me. Must be because I was ready to kill the three different "customer service" people I had to deal with earlier. I'm going out to my hot tub shortly for a nice long soak and hopefully calm my nerves. Its amazing how these things can push me to the brink of insanity!!!! Ok, I am going to calm down now.

SERENITY NOW!!
  • I can relate to your frustration, Sojourner, as I spent most of yesterday on the phone with various government offices ~ on hold mostly! Had to make an appointment for getting my OHIP renewed, mine expires on my birthday and of course I didn't take the correct I.D. to their office last week so now I have to wait until Oct 17th. Good thing I don't get sick very often, as I'll have no coverage for a month!

And then I had to see about getting Mat's Birth Certificate, I sent away for it months ago but he didn't sign the form so blah, blah, blah and they wanted more money for that.

And so on. It takes a lot of time on the phone to be a Canadian, sometimes.

I've been suffering anxiety lately, I can feel it in my chest, bubbling away... Haven't had it in ages. I feel so busy that everything is just the slightest bit out of my control, but after this week life should calm down. The library where I work hires another part-timer, so my hours will go back to 10 a week. I like the extra hours, there is a nice long denim skirt I like at Marks Work Warehouse, and I need some new shoes....

$$$$$$

But I hate to feel the underground panic start, not good. So this morning after my papers were done, I took 10 minutes and had a Pagan moment and collected acorns and nuts from the park across the road, put them in a bowl on my porch. I'll make strings of the nuts when the chestnuts start to fall... Hang the strings on my door.

Today is the day the Library Ladies go for lunch, and I think I'll go along... Only going to have Soup and Salad though. No fries. No calorie laden wraps. No Quiche. This morning I was on track (except for the Starbucks Mocha thing from Beckers) and had a lovely, low point breakfast.

I should be on the phone right now to yet another government office.... sigh.

Have a wonderful day to all.

Lois
  • Ok...
    I'm feeling a little better today but I woke up with this dang headache again plus I didn't sleep very well. But at least my nerves are calm. Now I actually have to get some work accomplished today. I have a very important grant application due in about ten more days so I should really be working rather than screwing around online. Sigh. I need a new life.

Good luck Lois with all of your government calls today! Don't you just abhor stuff like that? Remember to breathe depply and remind yourself that the poor schmuck on the other end is probably getting paid a pittance and has no authority to do anything except tell you the rules.
  • Love you all!
    Thank you for your responses to my teenage-angst like "I like a boy" rant yesterday. I received an email back from him thanking me for what I'd written saying it made him feel good to know someone else had been down the same path. I doubt seriously that anything's going to come of this - maybe, maybe not - I'm just enjoying it because it's the first time since my divorce almost 2 years ago that I've even *cared* about a man. I burst into tears the first time I told my best friend that he called just to ask how my day was - do you know in the 6+ years I was married my ex never, ever once asked me how my day was???? How sad is that? If nothing else at least this whole flirtation has proved to me that not all men are a$$holes who only care about what THEY can get from you. I have a client meeting set for next May in his office - I think it's worse knowing for sure when we'll meet face to face!

Squeaker - Sudafed.... ah, the crack of allergy sufferers! I haven't bought that in ages, I'll have to get some. :hypno2:

Barefoot - www.take-care.com Today's the 3rd or 4th day it's woken me up and I adore it! No buzzing, no blaring radio - it unfortunately wakes up my cats too. "Oh it's light! Time to play!!!"

Lamorgan - I'm so sorry you're feeling anxious - I *hate* that feeling. Hopefully things will calm down a bit soon. About your Pagan moment... I miss acorns! We don't have acorns or pine cones out here! Just dumb junipers that make me sneeze! I do believe we are going to take some of my mini-logs from my recent tree cutting and use them for Yule logs this year though!

Ok, I'm rambling... and love to everyone. I better do some work!

Terri
  • oh Terrrrrriiiii...........

you made me tear up a bit there......of course you deserve lots of TLC ......... go get it girlfriend........if it doesn't turn out to be this guy.....then maybe the next....... we only have one lifetime - this go around anyway

it's karma

love and hugs, Terri # 2 ps - thanks for the link.

I am usually the toughie in the crowd...y'all are making me turn sweet here
  • Same here Terri #2, I'm not the mushy lovey one - ever. I'm starting to see why though... even before my ex, my boyfriends have been the worst - one stole from me, one refused to remain faithful, and one decided drugs were better - no wonder I married the first guy who asked huh? There's something in his tone of voice though that makes me smile and sigh.... this could be dangerous!

Today is the 2nd day I'm having palpitations... in my email yesterday in response to his complaining about the heat and that being part of his crankyness I wrote that he could always move to Oregon, where it's been nice and cool lately, etc, and so on. Well, I just hung up the phone with him and he said "oh, and about your saying to move to Oregon... I'm thinking that might not be such a bad idea" - ok, he was half joking, but I swear I felt the blood draw from my legs... WHAT am I doing???? I haven't done "this" for almost 10 years! What if what my friend has "predicted" happens (that he moves here)????

AAAAAAAAACK!

You guys are the best... I swear I'll be back to "normal" soon - ok, maybe not, I just don't know!

Terri
  • Ok Terri,

I know we haven't known each other very long..........

but here's my advice..... .. take it slow and enjoy

My experience has been the opposite......I always dated men who put me on a pedestal.......and then I ended up kinda taking them for granted. I always chose these kinds of guys.

Maybe Soozie can recommend us a therapist who works on both coasts??

Over the past year, I've been studying personality types and why certain personalities are attracted to each other. I find this stuff fascinating..

Anyway, hang in there. I am here for you to bounce stuff off .

New Name: 3FC on a Diet and in Love -

I gotta get back to work

Terri # 2
  • *&%$##%&@!&%#!

I just lost a blasted post that took at least an hour to create...I just don't have it in me to try and re-do it.

Suffice it to say: I'm very excited for you, punkin...have fun and cherish all those schoolgirl feelings...you deserve them!!
    Feel better Wildfire!
    High fives to all with kids back in school! woo hoo!
    ellis, have fun w/ Mom at the Y!
    Wantolose...Keep up the no smoking! You go girl!
    soozie...the fair sounded fun...old timey and countryish...I need to get out of suburbia!
    I can't think of everyone else I repled to...brain has seized up...

Thanks to all for the "welcome backs!" We had a grand time in Maine. We did spend one day in Nova Scotia...what an incredibly beautiful place...I want to go back..for good. Uh, wait a minute... Is consuming Marmite a requirement there? Will have to re-think relocation plans if so.

The dog is barking her fool head off at something...must investigate...

later, chickies
  • No Kat,
    Maramite is not a food of choice here in Nova Scotia. I had never even heard of it until I join this crazy bunch. Did you spend any time in Amherst , Nova Scotia? That is where I live! Maybe we seen each other and did not even know it. I am so glad you enjoyed it here, and sure hope you some back again.
    Virginia
  • Evening everyone!

I am feeling better today, (thanks for the extra hugs Ellis and Yay for you for joining the gym )

I went out with two of my girlfriends tonight and I think that did me a world of good.

Den you are a great mom who is raising a great son!

How's the tooth Wildfire?

Sorry, not much to say tonight as I am very tired. I haven't slept well for a couple of nights.

Have a great weekend everyone
  • Mauvais-Thanks!! Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping. That happens to me too, and it REALLY makes it difficult to function. Glad to hear you went out with some friends; it sounds like you needed some fun!! Here are some sleep vibes for you... Hope you are feeling better soon.

Katrina and Wantstolosealot-EATING MARMITE IS COOL!!! (snicker)

Terri(s)-I agree with Terri, Terri......Go cautiously, BUT GO FOR IT!!! Life is short and you deserve happiness!!!

Lamorgan-It is the same in the states. I had to call the IRS, and was transfered 4 times before I got someone who answered my question by asking "Why did you do that?" The mistake was THEIRS by the way!!!

Ellis-How is it going at the Y? Good for you for signing up!!!

Sojourner-Hope the headache is gone!!!!!
  • ok den........I am still wondering what the Marmite tastes like........

I remember someone recommended Brewer's yeast as a nutritional supplement.......is it like that?

Terri- barefootin' on a beeooooteefoool day
  • Kat-I have had one person tell me it tastes like brewers yeast, and it is somewhat similar. It actually is a yeast extract so that makes sense. It is in spread form though, so it is texturally very different. Others have told me it is like eating a bouillon cube!!! It is very salty, and I like it best spread on toast or as a sandwich with butter and cukes or lettuce. It is also good for enriching stews etc!!

Ellis-It may LOOK like boot polish, but it doesn't TASTE like it!!! You are wrong about eggplant too. IT IS YUMMY TOO!!!!!!!!
  • Anyone else getting some new *annoying* ads that pop up when you enter the forum, take over your computer screen, and decide in their own good time that they'll disappear when they're ready? I'm not liking it.

I went back to the dentist this morning for a cleaning and checkup on the tooth from ****. Cleaning was okay...dentist told me how amazed he was that I had no build-up on my teeth even though it's been a year since I was in for a cleaning last. (Missed one this spring.) No coffee/smoking helps, though.

So while I'm there he tells me "You know, I'm going to have to drain that lump in your jaw." Oh, really? And just how does that happen? Well, they put topical anesthetic on so I wouldn't feel the actual cut but holy crow the pain when he started pushing on it! "Does that hurt?" "uh-HUH" "oh, I'm sorry" and he pushed harder!

Oh well, I survived. Now the root canal is next. Thankfully, the swelling is going down finally, and the excrutiating pain I was in seems to be gone. I birthed a 9lb 2oz baby with NO drugs, and I'm tellin ya....this dental pain was worse!!! Thanks for all your , and keep 'em coming for Monday!

Mauvais, ever try the Solitudes CD for Sleep Enhancement? It has an inaudible beat that gradually slows and it slows your heart beat and breathing until you drift off to sleep. There are four tracks on the CD, the first is ocean waves. I've never made it past the first track before I was out cold. Works every time for me.

Kat, glad you enjoyed your trip! If you get back to Nova Scotia, be sure to include Cape Breton!

Thanks for info on eggplant. Unfortunately, I don't like mushrooms, so if it's anything similar, I'll pass. Of course, smothered in tomato sauce and cheese, I might be able to eat it.

Oh, gotta go. Hubby needs this computer.
  • Just checking in. Yesterday was a day from **** that started with Lucy escaping into the woods and ended with a fight with DH and me in tears. So today I am striving for serenity. (We got Lucy back and DH is on his best behaviour.)

Wildfire, I am so sorry about the tooth situation. I went through it years ago and still feel the pain. Let's hope the dentist clears it up fast for you. I would have kneed him if he caused me that much pain!

Marmite does taste like a bouillon cube! Some things are an acquired taste - liver, capers, anchovies, black olives, etc. I've never tried brewer's yeast - except in beer, of course.

Hotter than **** here today. It is an ice cream day but the only scooped ice cream place in the Village is out of ice cream! Can you imagine that? On a weekend! The Sealtest guy did not deliver. Oy! I'm tempted to get out the ice-cream maker and make something low carb and sugar free.

Gotta go and practice sitting on the front porch and reading my book. Mmmmm....herb tea, white wicker and squishy flowered cushions. Life can be good.