3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Alternachat Aug/Sept

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 02:20 PM   #31
Flower Lover

S/C/G: 232/ticker/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

well, yesterday my pantry shelf fell down #1 and today .....

#2. I put a very hot tray on my kitchen counter and realized I had burned a hole in the surface. It had been put on a hot burner by mistake!

#3. This afternoon as I poured hot salsa into jars, the jars (3) shattered into crackles. The oven knob was on the wrong way (Grr and selective cursing was heard by close neighbours) and the hot jars were very very hot.

So that's it. I am going to go to bed for a nap now!

There have been two deaths in the Village this week so I'll rest up for the third one.

Anybody else find stuff comes in threes?
Old 08-29-2002, 05:30 PM   #32

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, you're killin' me. I'm sorry. snicker. You are just friggin' killing me.
Only because it all sounds so very familiar. When stuff like that happens, I just want to light a match to the house and start afresh.
You might have to kill the third person yourself, thus ensuring that the third person isn't YOU.
Hope the rest of the day goes better for you, sweetie...
xo

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 08-29-2002, 05:41 PM   #33
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ummmm, Ruth maybe I should be calling you Suzy Home Wrecker instead
Old 08-29-2002, 05:58 PM   #34
Flower Lover

Actually, I did say to Harry "I'm gonna kill myself right after I finish processing these jars!" but I changed my mind because I might miss something.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:59 PM   #35

Height: 5'-2"

Oh! Hello darlings. (disoriented)

Den, congrats on the new car! What did you buy?
Yup, we've got to exercise, girl... the kids are starting school next Tuesday, and I'm joining the Y on Thursday.
I feel ill. I just ate a large bag of Doritos and a bag of bridge mixture. And then fell asleep. While reading one of my old children's books. An Enid Blyton. Famous Five. When I woke up, it was to the taste of reflux (if you know what I mean) and the smell of hot tar. Some ding dong neighbour is getting their roof tarred. BLAH!!! My entire house REEKS of it!!
My darling DH has just come home from work and has taken the kids to see a baseball game to give me some blessed time ALONE!! (I think he's afraid I'm going to become a mass murderer)
Love you too!!

Terri, I'm really sorry that you have a hard time with depression too. I hope that the clock works for you. I'm surprised you didn't kill those guys that sent you an empty box.
How was the cholesterol count?

Lois, thanks for the good healing energy. I think I can feel it coming...
Oh geepers... you just reminded me that our health cards expired last winter... must go and get them renewed...

Christina, I'm so glad that you're positive about your light little lump. The worrying is really the worst, isn't it? Everything is going to be fine, and your life is going to be better than ever.
And yes, thank you indeed for the preaching! We need it, and we're very grateful!
Your poor little Zach! You must have been scared out of your wits!
Thanks for the prayers and hugs, sweetie!

Happy Birthday Wanttolosealot!!!

What lovely friends you have!

Mauvais, have fun at the restaurant! Don't eat too much you skinny babe, you.

Ruth, have fun at the Bingo.

Hi everyone else... love and hugs...

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen

Last edited by ellis : 08-29-2002 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:20 PM   #36
Is it Friday yet?

Hi there, it's Terri, the human pin cushion!!

I got my depo shot this morning then my blood drawn for my cholesterol... I've been hungry and headachy all day from going 13 hours without food! Grrrrr..... BUT I did NOT get the donuts I'd 1/2 planned! I ate my Pria bar and banana with my bottle of water on the way back to work - bravo, take a bow...
I should get the results back next week.

I got my sunrise clock today! And it was actually *in* the box!!! WoooHoooo!!! First thing I did was plug it in and put it through it's demo mode - works beeeeautifully! Can't wait to awaken to light tomarrow instead of being jarred awake by my alarm!
Ellis - I was about to reach through the phone and choke the guy. I almost said "ya know, these are sold to KEEP people from being sad, depressed and violent - are you tryin' to set me off bucko?!" Thankfully, I bit my tongue and waited for box #2 WITH product this time, thankyouverymuch!
Are you another sufferer? I've never had the pleasure of talking with another admitted sufferer of depression. Almost everyone close to me looks at me strange when I've said I've been treated for depression - they look at your life like you've got nothing to be depressed about - totally clueless that that's got *nothing* to do with it...

Dent - Whatcha' get?? I get shotgun!!

Ruth - Maybe it's best that you just go sit down and not touch anything for awhile... wait for whatEVER it is to pass!

Wanttoloose - Wow!!! What awsome friends! Happy birthday to youuuuu....

Almost time to go home - I'll report back about how my first faux sunrise morning goes tomarrow!

Terri
(I'm staaaarving!)
Old 08-29-2002, 09:03 PM   #37
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Hi Ladies!

Ruth, if things come in 3's I will not be letting DH near me ever again! (we have 2 kids ) Get home from work after yet another frantic day! Find DH & DS screaming at each other! I give DD a hug & think I came home for this! OK I ask what the problem is. Seems DS did not put soccer stuff as he is told after every practice & he can not find his 1 shin guard. So they are ripping the room apart, 10 minutes later it is time to leave. DH says he can't go, he has to stay home & get his room in order. DS is crying! Soccer is his life right now. Oh well I am staying out of this. Go in DS's room 5 minutes later to tell him to get homework done...hmm right there in the middle of the floor in plain site is both shin guards! So now I am the bad Mom because I refuse to run him to practice now! I think if we had 3, someone here would have to die! If you have any Salsa though that isn't in a broken jar, send it my way! I LOVE salsa!

PSeed, you clock sounds wonderful! I hate that jarring awake from the alarm! I will admit, I have never actually been treated, but am convinced I suffer, mildly, from the seasonal thing! It isn't so bad now that I recognize it & can do things to make it better, but for 3 years every fall I would get very weepy, depressed & felt like nothing in my life was right & that I just wanted to run from everyone & everything! Suddenly one year as I am crying to a girlfriend & can't tell her why, I just blurt out I am like this every fall, maybe it is just because of my birthday & turning another year older. Then I realized it is always around the time we turn the clocks back! It is very mild, but now I know that I have to make a point of going out at lunch to get some sunlight & I do keep brighter light bulbs in the lights now. I know how bad I feel when I just want to cry in bed all day & it lasts a very short time, I can't imagine how hard it would be to feel that way for weeks even months at a time!

The waiting to hear was by far the worst part. What you imagine is always worst than the reality! Actually now I don't know how to tell anyone. I know that I have to tell my Dad, but I don't know how. I know that he will worry. RIght now he only has my step mother & me left, all his other family has passed on. That is a very frightening thought to me! I am an only child, so when my Father passes, all that I will have is my husband & kids. So knowing how alone that will make me feel, I don't want him to feel that way. Anyway, I have to be positive about it all, I think that may be half the battle, if I let it get me down, it wins! THe other part that bothers me more than anything is the fear that I have passed this on to my daughter! I know that is so irrational, she is only 6 & it isn't something that I can help, but I look at her & just want to tell her I am sorry that she may have to go through all of this too! Then I think that she is too young to have this frighten her to keep her checking & proactive in her exams, so I have to start drilling it into her at puberty! They do a huge "race for the cure" here every spring. Particpants get colored tshirts symboloizing if they are running as a survivor, future survivor, in honor of someone, or memory of someone. It is a 5K fun race, I am doing it this year with my friends partner that is in her 2nd year since she started treatment. Hopefully doing those sort of things will get Alli educated as she grows up so it will be second nature for her!

Well I need to get to bed. It has been a long 2 weeks with little sleep & it is cathching up with me! We are going camping htis weekend, hopefully I can catch up some & relax for the 3 days!

Take care to everyone I missed & especially to those needing a little extra love right now!
Old 08-29-2002, 11:00 PM   #38
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI TO EVERYONE!!

Well, we went out and bought a Hyundai Elantra. We went to test drive an Accent, and wound up getting the Elantra for about the price of the Accent!! I couldn't believe it!! THAT is why we went ahead. We weren't planning on buying until DH started getting checks again, so things will now be even tighter, but it is all pretty exciting. There is more crap on this car than I have EVER had!! DH is even happier than I am, since he no longer has to drive the '86 Corolla which is constantly breaking down!!

Christina-I am really sorry that the tumor is cancerous. Having said that, it sounds like under the circumstances it could have been a LOT worse!! You are right about attitude, and your good attitude is going to help you get through this. Let us know when you need some support!!

Punkin-I'm another one!! Been taking meds for depression for about 6 years, and should have gone in before that!! Knowing tht you aren't alone really does help. I know what you mean about strange looks, I used to get that too!! I used to say, "I love my life, it's just myself I hate!" Now I like myself too....although I'd sure like to have less of me to love!!!

Ellis-DO IT!! Sign up as soon as you can, I know it will help you feel better. I loved it when I took Karate. Wish I hadn't stopped!! Sometimes the young guys would sneer at me...until we started sparring!! After that they were always VERY respectful!! Remember, anyone who would treat you rudely has more work to do than can be done at a gym!!

Ruth-Sorry about the disasters!! Reminds me of the time I made homemade pasta (I was in high school) and had it drying on the dining room table. The dog ate ALL of it!! Talk about frustrating! Have a wee dram of scotch and relax a while..........

Lamorgan-I don't shave because i get ingrown hairs...OUCH!! Also, I just use deoderant now because my pores get clogged when I use anti-perspirant. I guess my pits are "delicate" even if the rest of me isn't!!

Wanttolosealot-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD ONE!!! The party sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

Mauvaisroux-HAVE FUN TONIGHT!! We need chopstick smilies!!!
Old 08-30-2002, 08:12 AM   #39
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Den - My baby, Gordie, is a Hyundai Elantra. I got him in November, brand new, and I love him! They are great little cars. What color?

Christina - Have a fun, relaxing camping trip - you need it!

Teri - How was the wake up this morning? A clock that just wakes you up by light would never work for me, I would just pull the covers over my head and go right back to sleep. When I was in college my favorite nap time was about 5pm during the spring when the warm sun was on my bed. hmm.... a nap sounds wonderful.....

Ellis - I hope you had a wonderful night alone! Sending you happy vibes :

Ruthxxx - Hopefully today will be a much better day! But I like Ellis's ide a- just burn the house down and start over.

Good luck for the new school year all of you chicks with kiddos!

squeak
Old 08-30-2002, 08:27 AM   #40
Flower Lover

A quickie post.
Banking and laundry and working on dog fur on the agenda. I am NOT doing any more preserving for a while.
Gorgeous day! May hack away at more weeds.
Have a great long weekend, Girlies.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:49 AM   #41
the kid's counting on me!

Gotta go to work today...work? what is work?? I kinda forgot what that was??? However, then I have a three, count 'em, three day weekend. Nice way to come back from vacation!!! Talk to you later loves.
Soozie.
ps. Jumped in the scale today, only up .5 lbs. So, guess that means I'll have to eat more today...just a sick joke girls...see ya later!
Old 08-30-2002, 09:50 AM   #42
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chickies,
It is a beautiful morning here in good old N.S.
The birds are singing, my dogs are outside and not under my feet, and the kids are at my moms until tomorrow. Yeah! Peace and quiet. That is until I go into work where there will be many screaming kids. I work at a daycare center so there are times I just would like to change professions. Oh well, most of the time they are little sweeties.
First of all Chris, it is nice to see you have such a positive attitude about everything. You will be just fine and like everyone else I too am sending good vibes, many prayers and big hugs your way. Have a good time camping too! Relax! P.S. You have encouraged me to go to my doc for acheck up. I have an appointment for Wednesday to have a complete check-up. She usually does not do mamograms until 40, but I am going to mention it to her anyway. Thanks for caring enough to preach!
I do not believe I suffer from depression, but I do know there are times when all I seem to do is cry and feel sorry for myself. But I get over it! I do know people who deal with it on a daily basis and can not imagine what you are goin through ladies, but I will tell you this, if you need someone to vent to I am here. PM me or whatever.
Den- Congratulations on purchasing your Elantra. They are a very nice car. Crusin around in still!
Ruth- Sounds like you have just had a really rough week. Hope you did manage to save some salsa! On the positive side of things, TGIF. Friday, yeah it is here! Would be better if it was 5:30 but at least it is Friday!
Soozie- Where are you? Are you still at the beach! Don't blame you I would be too if I didn' thave to work. We missed you this week!
Thank you to everyone for the warm Birthday wishes! Another friend took me out for Chinese last night for my Birthday. I have the greatest friends and am no longer upset about getting closer to 40, as the saying goes, I am not only getting older but better.
Have a fantastic weekend everyone! Hugs and happy thgoughts to all!
Virginia
Old 08-30-2002, 10:15 AM   #43
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I love my elantra wagon too. Mine is a 2000 model. Chris-good peaceful vibes to you. Ruth-hope hope your bad luck goes away to bug someone else. But please not me! I couldn't handle it right now! Well, my internet break is over. I must get the house 95% done today. I want to tackle the shed tomorrow, the yard on Sunday and then clean starting Monday. There are not enough hours in the day. My old boss is taking me to lunch today. I guess you'll hear from me on the piggy page tomorrow. ~flower
Old 08-30-2002, 11:18 AM   #44
Is it Friday yet?

Friday, Friday, Friiiiiiday!!!

Monday I'll be an amoeba on the couch, Saturday and Sunday I've got fun stuff to do... Loooove 3 day weekends!! I hope you all have wonderful plans and fun stuff to do too!

Chris - I don't think I said anything yet and haven't been to the "Nuts" thread - I'm sorry about your diagnosis. I agree with everyone though that it sounds like it could've been worse and thank God they didn't wait! Your attitude is impressive - you may loose it now and then, that's to be expected, but you're being amazingly strong for those around you.
My Mom and I have walked in the Sara Fisher Foundation breast cancer walk for 2 years now. We lost a friend about 7 years ago and walk in her honor. She knew she had a lump, didn't do anything for almost 8 months because she didn't have insurance, then when she finally did go in it was too late - she taught us all a valuable lesson about waiting. I'm so glad you didn't.

Aaaah, the sunrise clock.... I set it to give me a sunset last night and by the time it was almost dark I was truely sleepy! I had only one problem. Not being sure how much light it would take to wake me up I set it to reach full light at the time I'd *like* to wake up - I woke up almost 25 minutes before that. It doesn't take much light to wake me up apparently. So, I reset it so that it starts to light about 10 minutes before I want to wake up (then continuing to brighten for another 20 min. It was wonderful though, waking up to a warmly lit room, slowly growing lighter... I could just lay there and open my eyes slowly and not feel that adrenaline rush when the radio blares on at 5am. Best $95 investment I've made so far - let's hope it does something for the winter depression now!

Have an awsome weekend everyone!

Terri
Old 08-30-2002, 02:58 PM   #45
a brave new me...

Lightbulb Sunrise Clock

Hmmmm... this sunrise clock sounds interesting. I am a night owl by nature and also have dealt with depression most of my teen and adult life. The mornings are horrible for me... I'm a zombie. Maybe this is something that would work? Could you post a link or let me know where to check into this? Thanks!

198/187/128
5'2"

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.