Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 03:48 PM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

nothing like a big sausage to reeeaaally cheer one up
Old 08-28-2002, 03:54 PM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! Watch it! We moderators are supposed to set a good example.
(After you, my dear!)
Old 08-28-2002, 04:21 PM   #18  

What So I was feeling a little sad today and went to a hot dog cart for lunch
Old 08-28-2002, 07:09 PM   #19  
a brave new me...

Hee hee Mauvaisroux... I almost put "nothing like a morning sausage" but I wondered if that would cross the line.

Last edited by Sojourner; 08-28-2002 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:35 PM   #20  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Italian sausage is the best....nice and big and....OOPS!!

WOW!! My kids started school this past Monday and things have actually gotten MORE crazy here. DH and I went to "test drive" a car (looking to replace '86 Corolla which is quickly losing the battle...) and wound up buying, so we have been running around getting insurance, trying to cover the check we wrote....you get the picture!!!

Mauvais- I used to cut my dolls' hair too. I used to make them BALD, but that was when I still thought that their hair grew. Now I know they have to go out and buy a new wig.

Ruth-Homemeade salsa.....YUM!!!!

Soujourner-I'm with you. I am fine doing jams etc. but I worry about canning vegetables. I have been eating so many tomatoes it isn't funny!! Love it though!!!

Punkin-Thanks for the good wishes. I was worried about the 12 year old going back, because he had a ROUGH year last year, but so far so good!!

Ellis-Sorry you are feeling bad. We need to exercise. That will probably help a bit. Love you!!

Barefoot-YUP!! I can use all the tomato recipes I can get right now!!

flower-good luck with the move!! I really don't envy you. I HATE moving, even when I want to move!! We'll be sending lots of "light box" and "easy move" vibes your way!!

Wanttolose-Maybe you have said, but I forgot. How old are your kids? Are they going to school next week too?

Who else had their kids return to school this week?

See you all later!!
Old 08-29-2002, 05:19 AM   #21  
Must Shrink.

My kitchen is a bright sunshine yellow, WOW; it's really bright. But it will be super in Feb, when it is not bright outside. I'm doing my second coat this morning, then we have to zip off to renew Health cards which expire on my birthday in 2 weeks.

I'm so ready for life to return to routine. Kids to go back, husband to go back... Holidays are so much work it seems. My house is completely upside down and as I work in one area the others are quickly undone. That's the down-side of a big old house...

Just looked at my paint in the kitchen and I fear I'll need 3 coats.

Ellis; sorry to hear you're not feeling better...
I'm supposed to make relish, but haven't had a chance. I feel OVERWHELMED this last week of summer, like I'm on a ride that won't stop. I can't remember the last time I sat on my porch and read a book.

And my kids are lazy.

Pop in later....

Lois
Old 08-29-2002, 07:35 AM   #22  

Morning everyone!

Just thought I would post this morning as I may not be able to tonight. We are going to a Japanese restaurant tonight for a friend's birthday party. Another obstacle to my WOE for the week I can't win, everytime I am getting back OP something turns up that thwarts my good intentions....
hope you all have a good day today

Lamorgan your kitchen sounds lovely and sunny
Old 08-29-2002, 08:05 AM   #23  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies,
Hi Den- My kids are 8 and 10 (going on 16).
Well, I had quite a night last night. I was asked to go to a friends house to help pick out brides maid dressess. Yeah!!! My idea of excitement! Anyway, I got there and knocked on the door and then walked in, to be greeted by five smiling faces yelling surprise, Happy Birthday! I was so surprised and beamed. No one has ever thrown me a surprise party before. It was great. I did not expect a thing because my BDay was on Teusday, but apparently they could not plan it for that night , so they had it last night, which worked great as I did not expect a thing. Homeade Chinese food,rye and coke and BDay cake,what more could a gilr ask for. And oh yes presents! It was very nice! Made my day.
Well, have to go jump in shower and get ready for work will chat later!Have a great day everyone!
Wanttolosealot
Old 08-29-2002, 08:13 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Overwhelmed is a great word, Lamorgan. I would love to be underwhelmed for a while this morning!

My "zip" into town turned into a whole morning's outing yesterday. DH decided to come along and that always screws thing up. Aside from being a slow walker, he bought tons of canned goods because "it is time to stock up" and we also had to stop at the druugstore, Canadian Tire and Brew Bye You! Grrr! Had a late lunch which was interrupted by a huge crash as the shelf in the laundry/pantry closet fell down! Too many canned goods, I guess. (I told him to put them in the cellar!) By the time we got that mess cleared up, the afternoon was shot so this morning is my Suzy Homemaker Act before the fruit flies take over the kitchen.

So......onward with life in the sleepy little town of Delta. Hope I hear some good gossip today to liven things up! I get to work a charity Bingo in Brockville tomorrow which will be exciting - NOT!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:19 AM   #25  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Good Morning gang! I have been MIA for awhile, but now I am committed & you won't be able to get rid of me again. I got all of the test results back. It is a cancerous tumor that will be taken out ASAP, but it is noninvasive, & only in the center of the tumor. The tumor is located in a lymph node, so that actually makes it easier, just take the whole node out, not fear of missing anything. So while it isn't the answer I was hoping for, of the "bad news options" this is the best case scenerio that I could have hoped for. No chemo, possibly not even radiation, won't know that though until it is out. I asked the Dr if it was possible that it was one of those horrible 20 pound tumors, that way I can weigh less when it is out. She laughed, & told me it is probably more likely 2 ounces at the very most. Well that will not help much at all on the scale!

OK now bear with me while I preach for just a moment! I was very lucky because this was found so early so number 1, please ladies do self exams every month, & for anyone that is at the age for mammograms, do it faithfully! OK number 2, I will not preach this, because I know that does not help, but will mention it to give everyone some little extra incentive. She told me that had I not lost some weight & still weighed over 180, I probably would not have found this myself & I had just been in for my DRs exam in APril & it was not found then. So it may have eneded up being a year till it was found, which she admits most likely would have been too late. Given the fact that it was growing int he lymph nodes, as soon as it spread out of the tumor, it would have carried to other areas. Ok so if you need a little extra push to keep you motivated maybe that will be it! OK I am done now & I promise not to do this again!

Ok my little ones started school Monday. Alli the Kindergartner loves it! Can't wait to get on that bus every morning! Zach in second grade gave me a scare though yesterday. DH gets home only about 5 minutes before he does to meet him. So I call at what should have been a time when he was home for about 20 minutes. DH says he isn't home yet, I ask if he checked with the neighbor to see if her daughter was home, or maybe the bus beat him there so he went over to their house. So he calls, Micaylyn is home...Zach is not yet. So they call the school, no nothing wrong with the bus, & Zach did get on. OK panic is setting in. I tell him to go outside & see if he sees his backpack laying in the yard or any sign that he was there & call me right back! OK phone rings 2 minutes later, it is the school, Zach feel asleep on the bus & the driver did not realize it till she dropped off the last kid who told her he was still on, so they are on the way back. I of course was instantly relieved, & then could laugh a bit. When I got home, poor little guy was very embarrassed, so we didn't say much about it, but I am sure when he is 16 we will relish telling the story over & over!

Well I need to get started on some work here! Take care everyone! And I will be back soon!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:27 AM   #26  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Ellis, I was going to post for you on Nurturing, but it's gone! So here I am again! Take care & I hope that you are feeling better soon! Let us know if there is anything we can do, besides sending you good wishes, thoughts, prayers & hugs!
Old 08-29-2002, 09:09 AM   #27  

Ummmm I started a new thread for our mother henning today.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:45 AM   #28  
Must Shrink.

You guys ever hear that you shouldn't use anti-persperent if you shave your underarms?? You should use deoderant, because there is some link to the stuff getting direct access to your lymph glands...

Out the the entire wall of main stream deorderant/anti-persperant in the store, only 1 brand is deoderant only...

I feel less overwhelmed and am quickly counting my blessings, sending both Christina and ellis good healing energy.

Lois
Old 08-29-2002, 11:46 AM   #29  
Must Shrink.

Oh! And sending Flower some good moving energy! (So glad it's not me)!

L
Old 08-29-2002, 02:20 PM   #30  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday-eve!

Terrigrrrl - Yes, the sunrise clock can be used for SAD (also jetlag and shift work, etc.). Last year was a particulary bad winter here and I started to think I was honestly going mad. I was either crying, just finished crying or was about to cry - add to that the fact that I started having wildly violent daydreams... well, I was about to commit myself before I hurt someone or myself. So, I'm going to try the clock first, if that doesn't work then I'll have to either try a light box or meds. A light box is different in that they're much more expensive (around $200-400) and that you just sit in front of them. The sunrise close simulates a sunrise to wake you up instead of an alarm and can simulate a sunset when it's time to sleep. I'm up at 5am and usually head to bed around 8:30'ish I think it's a good place to start.
Ok, Mt. Hood. How you get there is go to my house and look north - there it is!!!! No, seriously, from my house I can see Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, the Three Sisters, Broken Top, Mt. Washington, Mt. Bachelor and Three Fingered Jack. Wanna come n' ski??

Lamorgan - Yea I've heard of it - the deoderant/breast cancer thing is an urban legend. There's no medical proof that use of one causes the other. Although, it seems like everything causes cancer nowadays...

Chris - Thank you for the preaching... there are times I for one need to hear of a solid reason WHY we're doing this whole weight loss thing other than just to fit into a certain pair of pants.
I had a similar "preach" regarding skin cancer. I'm a fair skinned, freckled red head and I avoided the dermatologist like the plague while I was really heavy. When I got to goal years ago I finally went in and ended up having 3 moles removed - *thankfully* they were all ok, but I also had 2 pre-cancerous lesions frozen off my hand and lip. Had I not gone because of my weight I shudder to think how it would've turned out. Thank you for the reminder!

Had my cholesterol test done this morning. 10 years ago it was 123, what they called genetically low - so after loosing weight, gaining weight and loosing some again it'll be interesting to see what they say...

Terri
Closed Thread