Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/208/172

Height: 5'10"

Default Me, Me, Me

I suppose if I have any intention of hanging around here (and I do ) I ought to give a formal introduction.

First - you can call me 'Mel.' Well... you know... if you want to.

I'm 25, married (to a chef ) and we have 2 awesome children, Emryk, our 4.5 year old son and Clementine, our (just turned!) 2 year old baby girl. I'm a stay at home mom.

Hmm... I'm unsure of what information will be useful. I don't really have a "story" I guess. I've always been overweight. Always. I was relatively comfortable with my weight before I had kids. I gained 50+ pounds with my first child, lost 25 of it, then gained, like, 35 back. I lost that... and then gained it back yet again. I then got pregnant with my daughter and (fortunately) gained almost nothing throughout that pregnancy. So my pre-preg weight was 205. My highest ever is 274 (while pregnant with Clementine), my highest non-pregnant weight is 267, and my starting weight for when I actively began trying to lose weight was 257, as you can see over <---there. I've lost 36 pounds with off and on dieting (over the last 8.5 months, which was roughly 2 months on, 4 months off, and now 2.5 back on) but I'm totally serious about dieting now and am in it for the long run.

Yep... I already feel like I'm rambling. Do notice the time... it's 5:30am and I've yet to go to bed. With my husband being a chef, we have pretty unusual hours. This is still late though, and I ought to be sleeping. I posted on another thread and thought I should at least do an introduction before I go to sleep. I'm sure I'll read it tomorrow and realize I should have waited until I was using a larger portion of my brain, but... eh... too late now.

Okee doke. I'll just go ahead and finish my little 'about me' segment tomorrow, assuming there is even a remote interest.

Last edited by melissaw; 01-16-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #2  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Hello Mel! Welcome to the boards and well done on the weight you've lost so far!!

Everyone here is really lovely, I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends and find great support with your weightloss

Good Luck!
Old 01-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Welcome Mel!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome to the group Mel!
Closed Thread