Food Journal

• Do any of you guys use a food journal?

I have in the past and am good about writing down WHAT I eat, but not so good at writing down why I'm eating it, my hunger level, or the emotions surrounding the eating.
  • I try and document my eating habits, but I'm the same as you, I never really managed to write down why I was eating. I know it works for a lot of people, but I guess I never made the time to sit down and take notice of hunger and emotions etc. Also I spend most of my over eating time in denial.... Which is probably where I want wring to be honest.
  • i keep one on my fitness pal dot com. its nice because of their extensive dataase of food, i don't have to write down and remember nutrition facts (unless its a local place). it also lets me track specific things like fiber and iron.
  • Quote: i keep one on my fitness pal dot com. its nice because of their extensive dataase of food, i don't have to write down and remember nutrition facts (unless its a local place). it also lets me track specific things like fiber and iron.
    Thanks eroica ... I signed up at myfitnesspal and started my own food journal. I like the way it's laid out and that it tells you the day's totals.
  • Huh... I've never heard of that site. I track through sparkpeople. I just started. Well - I started nearly a year ago, but only kept up with it for a week or two (I was still eating what I wanted... I was mostly just curious about how bad it was. ) I just started tracking there *again* after using good old fashioned pen and paper for a couple of weeks. It definitely simplifies things.

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that the goal I set almost a year ago was to be 170 pounds by my birthday this year (August) and that that goal is still possibly attainable. That would be lovely.