Newbie ... feels like I'm in the right place

• I saw the name of this thread in the support groups ("Alternachicks") and thought this must be the place for me

My name is Nicole, I'm in recovery and work at a drug and alcohol treatment center. I have a degree in Psychology and I have a wide range of interests like books (JK Rowling, Jeffery Deaver, Anne Rice, etc), movies (Avatar is amazing), music (all kinds but Queen is really high up on the list), and spending time with my boyfriend and our dogs.

I just wanted to introduce myself and get my feet wet. I look forward to getting to know some of you.
  • Great to see you here, Nicole! I can see that we have some similar interests and I'm sure you will find other alternachicks you can connect with too.

It's a pretty awesome gang. Now that the Holidays are over I'm sure people will start showing up again.
  • Welcome Nicole! I've been away for a while, so I consider myself new too.
  • Hi Nicole and welcome as Metal Chick said you're sure to meet some great people on the board, good luck with your weightloss
  • Queen is the best!

I love that this forum has this area for girls (and guys!) like us
  • Welcome!
  • Hi, Nicole, and welcome! I'm so glad you are here! I don't know if I am officially an Alternachick but I have always felt different and I'm an INFP which means I am really weird whether I want to be or not, LOL.

I'm a newbie too. Let's hope for a healthier 2010 for all of us!

P.S. I loved Avatar, it was awesome!
  • hey, i am newbie too and a self confessed alternachick! this is the very start of a long journey in weight loss for me too and i think this website will help me out along the way