Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Wii Fit?

So all my alterna friends love the gaming (my last system was a N64... and I miss it A LOT) and my apartment complex has a rewards program for paying on time, attending events, etc, and after I prepay some rent in 2 weeks I will have enough points to get a free Wii. I want to get the Wii Fit stuff to go with it, but I have no idea how this thing works. How does this thing work? Also how accurate is the scale? I'd have to do it on carpet, and usually I weigh in my bathroom on my own scale on the hard floor.

This is like adopting a dog, you have to prepare for it and research it and I'll probably have to drip flea and tick repellent on it too, lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:00 AM   #2  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

The balance board comes with little attachments that you put on the feet for use on carpet....I was using it on carpet with the attachments at first then we ripped it up and put in wood floors...so i took the attachments off and it was reading the same numbers, no huge difference, so I think it's pretty accurate on carpet...although the numbers from my wii have been about 6 or 7 lbs lighter then at the doctors office, but that's okay...it track the weight loss for you so I LOVE that about it.

The games are alright, I don't play them much...but wii fit plus is better because you can play them non stop so you don't have a bunch of down time in your work out.

another good workout game for the wii is EA Sports Active, but that one is HARD...it leaves me feeling like I'm gonna die...lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:50 AM   #3  
finding me. :)

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Now I want EA Sports Active - lol!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/201/155

Height: 5'7

don't be too depressed when your Wii age is 74!!! Mine started off at 53 and the next week it was 34! I made sure I murdered it the next time i did my fit test! It is a lot of fun, i just got one for christmas. If you like the activity try the Billy Blanks speed bag with dvds! I do that in the morning now and I LOVE it!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

i bought the wii for weight loss, and i got bored with the wii fit plus really quick, though i really like the step class dont be surprised when the wii fit balance board tells you you are overweight. i am actually have the ea wii active being shipped to me, so i am looking forward to starting that. i have heard nothing but excellent reviews from people who have it and say they prefer ea wii active over the wii fit. on top of that, the games are pretty darn fun too. especially super mario brothers for the wii
Old 01-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/131

I use the wii fit once in a while... it's a good "starter" if you are really out of shape, and it will help your balance a lot. But the pacing is very slow (because of the long pauses between loading each 1-3 minute mini-game)... I would say if you haven't been active for a while, do it every morning for an hour (50% cardio, 50% strength training and yoga). It will wake you up, get you in the habit of moving and spending some time on exercise, and after a couple of weeks start replacing 15 minutes of your cardio workout with a more intense activity... then 30... as you progress, you will unlock more activities, and it is kind of fun, but you will reach a point where you want to do something different. Once you get going, there are other wii games that also offer a bit of a workout (PunchOut, Snowboarding, and so on) that you can swap in to your routine (or do in the afternoon for a 2nd workout).
Old 01-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/170

Height: 5 4"

i use fit plus 4 mornings a week and love it. i do 10 min of step, 6 hula hooping, 12 jogging, cool off with the bike course and yoga. the time flies by and i have really increased stamina, balance, and energy. i am out of shape and find that this really kicked started my exercise routine. love it! but i am totally the type of personality that needs to be visual and competitive (even competing against myself) when i work out, so video games are the only way i consistently work out. DDR is amazing, too.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #8  
for your health!

Height: 5'1"

i really like it because i can do the step and running while i watch television and it still keeps record of how many steps i did or how many miles i have run.
the thing i like most about wii fit plus is it tells me how many calories i have burned and that is great motivation to keep doing it. i just got a bronze piggy the other day for logging 10 hours!
my only complaint is that i wish they had a routine for the aerobics too instead of just the strength and yoga.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

I started working out using the Wii Fit, its great to just get you moving. I was so insanely excited when I actually managed to get my Wii fit age to my actual age. The little things make me happy.

Its definitely helped me be more conscious of my balance and improve it - this coming from someone who trips on he own feet. I've always had fun playing it. I like that it tracks my BMI and shows the progress chart. I love watching it keep going down. But anymore its too slow for me, its great for the nights I'm being lazy and just need to get moving - but I prefer EA Active to it. It sure can be tough, but thats what I need.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #10  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I got my wiifit to help my balance and strengthen my legs after I hurt a tendon last year. I find it a lot of fun and it really helped my injury.

I use it in the livingroom on the carpet and have not had any issues.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 01-29-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

i've got to say, i've gone back to doing my wii fit plus during my "rest days" while i'm doing the wii sports active 30 day challenge. i really enjoy the obstacle course on training plus, though i haven't tried the running yet. i like in wii sports active, when you have to run, you don't have to run in place. i normally run around in about an 8-12ft oval, and the wii will pick it up. i just don't think i run as fast while running in place, so i'll put in a vote for the wii fit plus as well.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 264/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I think I need to purchase Wii Fit Plus... I tried getting into the Wii Fit but it felt like you were waiting and changing activities so much of the time that it was all broken up and I'd get distracted. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Most of your questions have been answered, but I thought I would say, my balance board is always accurate with my scale.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #14  
Little Vixen

S/C/G: 247/230.6/120-115

Height: 4'11"

Default Loving it!

I have the Wii Fit, the Fit Plus and newly added is the Biggest Loser game. I adore them all, but the Biggest Loser can be done with or without the balance board and I have to say it kicks my butt! I have done routines 3 days in a row now even though I wasn't scheduled to do anything today I did it anyway! And I really, really felt like I was getting some work done on it. I was sweating and really pushing myself to get the routine finished. Bob is a fantastic coach, even the virtual version LOL!
Closed Thread