3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   September Alternachat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/181067-september-alternachat.html)

DivineFidelity 09-05-2009 10:53 AM

September Alternachat!

I also enjoyed the alternachat thread. You ladies are great and a wonderful inspiration to me, and I love hearing random stories about your day to day life. :D

so lets see...

I started my new job on monday. I'm still not sure if I'll ever love it or not, but I definitely don't mind it and the money is great so yeah...even if I don't ever love it, it's worth it. I got a whole bunch of nice clothes and I guess you could say that I've been taking care of myself more...straightening my hair, wearing some makeup....I feel good. I've also been walking around in heels...which is something I NEVER would have done before. As long as you're not stupid enough to go to walmart in them like I did yesterday, it's really not that bad....haha

School's been going okay. My math class is making me feel like my brain is going to explode...but my english class really isn't all that bad. Both classes are online, so I just have to make sure I fit in the time to get it all done especially since I'm working full time...

My Bf is having surgery today...just to get his wisdom teeth out, but still...I'm slightly worried about him. I know he'll be fine...but I still have to worry, ya know?

I've been sticking to plan, but I haven't been keeping up with the food journaling like I should be. I think I need to get a smaller spiral that would fit in my purse to use, because I'm not home ever for lunch anymore...and sometimes not for dinner either...and i think maybe that's why I'm not writing it down. I haven't been going over points, i've been keeping track of it in my head...but still, I would feel better about it if I'd just suck it up and write it down...haha

It's officially day 52 of my diet, and I've lost 25 lbs. That's pretty cool I think. I'm over 1/4 of the way to my goal now....which is super exciting. =D

How are you ladies doing?

CanadianCutie 09-05-2009 02:52 PM

I'm glad the new job is going well. I know starting anything from scratch is a very daunting task, heck, I guess we all do.

Ack, Math. I have tried to upgrade my high school math a few times, correspondence courses, but math and I just don't get along, business math isn't a problem, it's the technical math, which is now required for entry to university in Canada, it is this that put the kabosh on me going on to university as a psychology major. Calculus is required for that here on the theory that it will help you understand the statistical methods courses.
English on the other hand I love. i take english courses for fun.
I'm a big ol' nerd I love school in general. I can't wait til January (when I go back).

Gypsy Severina 09-06-2009 12:12 PM

Well I just recently moved into an apartment and into my own bedroom (past roommate issues, sharing space is just not gonna cut it). I've been doing fantastically because of something my GYN of all people told me: "You've gotta lose the weight. It's not easy, but you just gotta do it." It's really helped me through some times when I would have just given in and eaten chips and queso. Also drinking a ton more water and only having one reasonably sized caffeine product a day. I don't even buy coffee anymore at Starbucks, just green tea frappucinos!

On a down note, I've been having more anxiety attacks, pretty mild and not about anything of substance. I think I've finally realized that with all the fantasizing about being healthier and skinnier, I haven't realized that it means a lot of change. I've never been thin, always been big, so it's not like going back to something before, it's going to something I've never been before. I'm not sure how it will change me, but something has to change because staying this way another day is not an option.

Skullarix 09-06-2009 11:20 PM

Hey Gypsy, to get what we have never had we must do what we have never done!

bopeep 09-16-2009 05:00 PM

Hi all! I've been AWOL for awhile with a crazy busy summer. I think every last person I know came through town, and so it was wall to wall socializing. I also got ambitious and painted my apartment. Yikes!

I have been doing really well with my weight loss. I passed the 50 pounds lost mark a couple of weeks ago. It's been two years in the making, but I'm finally seeing light at the end of my tunnel.

Gypsy - I understand how the weight loss issue can be hard on the old anxiety! You do change with the weight loss. Definitely! For me, the extra weight was an excuse - I used it to avoid certain social activities (I can't go to the club and dance - I'm too fat) and I used it to justify my unhealthy attitude toward food (Who cares if I eat these fries? I'm already fat anyway!). It affected the way I socialized - I was the fun loving, jolly, fat chick. People always thought I was this super confident gal who didn't care what others thought of her. In a way that was true, but a lot of it was just for show. Inside my own head, I didn't like the way I looked, and I *really* didn't like the way I joked about it. The strange thing about how I changed, was that the way I have come to feel inside, now matches my outward attitude. I now feel much more like that confident chick I was pretending to be. I have begun to like both the inner and the outer me.

Canadian Cutie - Math? I hate math - I failed grade 11 math because I hated it so much. That's why I married a physics major! He does all my math for me :D :p

BP

mauvaisroux 09-23-2009 06:41 PM

Hey everyone!

I too have been away for over a month. I was recovering from surgery but I am back at work now.The summer seems to have flown by.

I have not lost any weight since July but am getting back on track now.

Bopeep- congrats on the 50 lb loss! :bravo:

mauvaisroux 10-02-2009 09:15 AM

Divine - How is your new job going?

I am off today - playing hooky to go to some appointments and then taking the rest of the day off for some r'nr' with my hubby. It has been a crazy and exhausting week.

We are going to see the movie Zombieland tonight - can't wait!

DivineFidelity 10-03-2009 10:24 AM

My new job is just that, a job. I honestly kinda hate it, but compared to anything else I could possibly find the money is amazing, so I just have to suck it up.

It's wearing me out though. Working full time + school = not a lot of time for ANYTHING else. I barely even have time to do laundry and take showers anymore.

WHICH is why I haven't been posting as much on here. Sorry ladies, but I might be a little pre-occupied for a while. lol

GOOD news - MY CAT IS GETTING FIXED TODAY! he'll finally stop spraying all over my stuff. lol. =D

mauvaisroux 10-04-2009 05:33 PM

That's too bad about your job. Maybe you will find something you really like in the future.

Had a fun but tiring weekend. Went to see Zombieland - it was awesome.