3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

August Alternachat!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #31
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Frigg your dog is GORGEOUS. I've always wanted a husky, I think they're the prettiest dogs in the whole world...

I've got two kittens...Luigi and Mario. There are pictures in the alternachick photo sticky. They're adorable. Mario even plays fetch....i can throw mardi gras beads across the room and he'll run and get them and drag them back to me and drop them in my lap and then whine until i throw them again. It's SO cute.

So I don't know if this is bad or not...but I don't really exercise all that much. There have been a couple times where I'll turn up music really loud and dance around my room like an idiot for 30 minutes....and sometimes i'll do push ups on my wall (because i can't do an actual pushup, and the girly pushups don't do anything for me)....It physically hurts me to run....or to walk a whole lot. I have bad knees and I've had two ankle surgeries and to run or to do squats and lunges hurts me....I figure it will probably get easier to exercise more after I lose weight because my legs won't have to lift as much....but i don't know that for sure...and it's just hard for me to motivate myself to exercise when i know it's going to hurt me...

I think right now that's my biggest issue. I'm fine with the diet, I can handle those changes...It's just hard to get myself active...

=/
Old 08-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #32

Frigg--your dog is sooo cute!! I have a little yorkie mix that barks at everything,lol.

I haven't tried the Bar Method, but i do the Shred everyday and its so brutal. The cardio is so hard but im pretty good at the strength and ab work .The main thing i have probs with on the Shred are the jump rope moves (jumping in place) hate it.hate it.hate it! My left ankle hurts so bad afterwords....but i know i have to push thru the pain (lulz,that sounds corny).

Idealmuse-My hair got pretty damaged from using hair irons so i had to stop using them,I started leaving conditioner in it at night,putting a shower cap on,then rinse in the morning.It looks alot better! Btw,i was in Chicago back in 2001 to see Ohgr on his first tour. We ate at a place called Harry Carrys? I think that was the name but wow,best damn steak i ever had. Have you ever been there?

Maria- 2.4 pounds is awesome! I hope you have a wonderful time in France.Ive always wanted to go there. Now im jealous of you

Divine- I have a whole closet full of size four jeans i refuse to part with.One pair in particular has black suede flames around the ankles.I vow to be able to wear those suckers again..........and congrats on the one pound...sometimes I have two week stalls so you guys are doing great!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #33
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Divine - Congrats on your 1lb loss, don't be too down hearted, a loss is still a loss no matter how small... it could be worse As for not being active, I sympathise, I really want to run but it's just too painful for me. I guess you don't need to worry too much about not exercising as what you're doing with your eating habits is working for you, but it may catch up with you. Just cross that bridge if it plonks itself in the middle of your path

Frigg - Good Luck with your full on exercise plan! I've never even heard of the Bar Method, let alone tried it I totally know what you mean about dieting in the summer, I always find myself giving into lazy afternoons at the pub, ice cream on the beach and bbqs etc. etc. I guess I just lacked the committment... well not any more eh? Your puppy is gorgeous, I hope everything works out ok for her

sweetheat I like your overnight conditioner method, doesn't it get really warm with that on your head though? It sounds like a silly question, but I get really warm at night, so don't know if I could stand it. France is a really pretty country, I'm quite lucky as the bf's parent's currently reside there I get to go quite a lot and they live in Lyon which is especially pretty. We also have the added bonus of them owning an appartment in Italy, in Turin where his family are from and most of them still live there so we get the chance to see family and get spoiled a little and don't have to worry too much about money and stuff, which is great. In fact I'm pretty lucky in general, I've landed myself a catch heheh

I'm really glad things are picking up here, I find when I take the time to actually post here that I do better in the day than just reading them?

The weekend holds much temptation for me and I must be careful not to overindulge... my friend is coming over and we are having an Arnie films marathon (we regularly have these marathons, it messes with my sleep pattern but is totally worth it) and apparently he is bringing some of his homemade cheesecake. I've allowed myself to have a small slice... a SMALL one Maria. I have to keep reminding myself that those words actually mean ONE SMALL slice, not a couple of small slices, not a slice considered small to someone training for the Tour de France etc. Sigh. I'm also going out for a roast dinner with friends tomorrow too, but I'm not going ot drink alcohol, I won't have pudding and I will compensate by a light salady dinner. I guess it gives me the rest of the week to work the calories off right??

I'm also pleased that since me and the bf have been eating healthfully we have both seen a weightloss. It's been hard for him as we're trying to lower our carbs and up our protein intake he's had to forgoe his native pasta and breads, but he seemed really pleased when he stepped on the scale yesterday.

All in all, although it's been a trying week and I've slipped up quite a few times, I've stuck to the main aim of my plan and that is to lower my carb in take, up my protien and vegetable and water intake, stop eating junk, stop skipping meals and get my portions into proportion.

I hope all you lovely ladies are well and that you have a wonderful weekend

One for Every 7lbs Lost:

Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #34
on the way to skinny

Maria you're lucky. Weekends may not really be tempting for me, but weekdays are...I work in a coffee shop, and being around all those sweet sugary drinks and yummy coffee cakes and food and all that...it's SO HARD to resist. I manage somehow, for the most part...but I think that's the most tempting thing for me. On weekends, I'm usually home alone and it's a lot easier for me to follow my plan and stay OP when I don't have all that food around me...

Oh, and you're so lucky that your bf is trying to lose weight with you. Mine definitely needs to, he's extremely unhealthy....but he doesn't want to diet because he figures he'd rather be fat and happy then skinny and unhappy. I've tried explaining to him it's not all about being happy, and that he needs to take his health into account too...but he still doesn't care. It's gotten to the point where when i cook something, he LITERALLY takes like 4 or 5 times the amount of food I do...I mean, if he just cut out fast food, soda, and started eating normal portion sizes he'd probably lose more weight then I have or ever will...but he doesn't listen and doesn't care and it's really frustrating. It's becoming difficult to be around him for multiple days at a time because he simply doesn't want to eat here...he wants to go get fast food...and that's SO TEMPTING for me. For the past 3 days I had long john silvers for dinner, and yesterday...it wasn't just dinner, it was lunch too. Granted long john silvers is one of the better fast food places...but at the same time, It took me loads of begging to get him to even agree to that...and he still went off and got himself whataburger and mcdonalds and burger king after getting me LJS...It's just so frustrating. I wish he'd at least try...
=/
Old 08-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #35
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Wow. That really bites. I have an office job so there's really no tempotaton on my part. Occassionally someone will bring donuts but most are too cheap so it's rare.

My husband is also really supportive and while he's not trying to lose weight (already lost more than me... stupid jerk!), he has cut out all regular sodas and goes along with whatever I cook. I'm thankful he's very flexible. In regards to fast food, it's pretty much a no-no, mostly because it's so expensive and we're on a shoe-string budget.

I admire your strong will in a coffee shop though. We live behind one and I can smell the baked goods in the morning. It takes everything I have not to go over there.

Hopefully it'll get easier. Good luck!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #36
on the way to skinny

TXJess thanks for the encouraging words. I know I'll be fine, and I've actually talked to my bf about all the fast food and he says next time he's down visiting it won't happen...and he even went to the campus gym where he goes to school for like two hours yesterday! Maybe he's starting to get motivated, I'm not sure...but he says he'll be more mindful of the way the decisions he makes around me affect my efforts to lose weight...which I greatly appreciate.

I might be getting an office job soon, shh don't tell my boss. lol. I've got an interview monday afternoon, so hopefully it goes well. This coffee shop is great, but it's too tempting and I DEFINITELY don't get paid enough. lol
*crosses fingers*
Old 08-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #37
on the way to skinny

Oh I'm so excited! I lost another .2 lbs in one day...and i know it's kinda stupid to weigh yourself every day especially because i have trouble weighing myself at the same TIME of day...but every time I've stepped on the scale so far, i've either been the same as I was, or i've lost. I haven't seen myself gain anything...even from water weight...

but anyways, thats not why i'm excited. I told my bf i lost another .2 lbs...and he said "=D" and i said what's that supposed to mean and he told me "well all this weightloss stuff is really exciting. I think I might try it too..."

YAYYY HE WANTS TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH ME! That makes me SO happy, you have no idea. It will be harder for him, financially he's in a much worse position then I am...so buying healthier foods may be a bit more difficult for him...but he wants to try and he says he's for now going to start with cutting back his portion sizes and cutting out soda...and he wants me to get one of my friend's mom to buy him some weight watchers materials at her meeting so he can do it at home and he's very excited about it and that makes me excited! woohoo!

but yeah, I also exercised today, which I don't do much...so I'm proud of myself for that too. Today has been a good day
Old 08-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #38

S/C/G: 331/283/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the site, I did some reading around the last day or two, and it seems this subgroup is the one for me. I look forward to getting to know you. Basically I have a lot of trouble getting motivated to exercise. I get migraines which makes it hard for me to be out in the heat.
I am making an effort starting in the AM on Monday to get out in the pool and do what I can remember of the routine for the aquafit classes I took a few years ago. I figure going out around 6:30 in the morning will do me good, will get me up and energized without the need for the mass amounts of coffee I usually drink. I also need to locate my mp3 player, I moved recently and it got lost in the shuffle. I'm just going to take it one day at a time, with minigoals, as larger goals seem very daunting.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #39
on the way to skinny

CanadianCutie...

the swimming sounds like a wonderful idea, I wish I had access to a pool. I have the same issues, it's extremely hard for me to motivate myself to work out, especially outside, because I live in Texas, and lets just say Texas gets HOT...lol. Swimming is a great idea, and there are also plenty of easy things you can go to work out inside. Good luck with everything!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #40
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
I have the same issues, it's extremely hard for me to motivate myself to work out, especially outside, because I live in Texas, and lets just say Texas gets HOT...lol.
OMG! Yes it does. During the 100+ heat I just exercise indoors as best I can or wait until the sun goes down (like 9pm).

I cannot get up more than an hour before I have to leave for work so I never have time in the morning. I value and cherish every minute of sleep I get past 6:30 am.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #41
on the way to skinny

TXJess I have to get up for work at 4:30am...so 9:30pm is when i go to bed...so working out after the sun goes down or before it comes up is pretty much impossible. I REFUSE to get up before 4:30...lol.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #42

I did my swimming today, not as early as I planned, but I did it and I had fun. I'm thinking next time I'm out around an ebgames that I'll get a used copy of DDR or a similar game/workout tool for my ps2, and the cheap dance mat for it. I hear it's a lot of fun, and doesn't seem like a workout while you're doing it. The only thing I'm worried about is my coordination really stinks, but I guess it can only help with that.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #43
on the way to skinny

CanadianCutie I'd been thinking about getting ddr and a mat for my ps2 as well...but I have TERRIBLE coordination, and I'm pretty sure I'd just fall flat on my face...haha...I hope it works out for you thought =D

Yeah...I didn't work out yesterday. I was going to, but I had my interview and I think it went really well and I decided to take a break to celebrate. haha >.<
Old 08-18-2009, 10:54 PM   #44

Well I ended up splurging last night on amazon and buying a wii with wii sports and the wii fit package. I can't wait for it to get here. I'm hoping it will be here by friday. Now I guess I just have to hook up my tv (I'm just not a tv person).

DivineFidelity I hope your interview went as well as you feel it did. Good luck. And we all need a break from the regular routine from time to time, as long as we get back at it.

Last edited by CanadianCutie : 08-19-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #45

Yay! my wii got here today. A much needed boost to me. I had a rough day. I will hook it up after a much needed nap.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.