3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

August Alternachat!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #16

lemonade=yummeh!!!!

i love lemonade and lime-ade flavored drinks,also if you like hawaiian punch they have them in those little to go packets now...the kind you put in water bottles and shake em up...they are soooo awesome!

btw,divine,i saw your red hair in the photo thread....it looked so bad-a$$!!!
i dyed mine pink the other day but it turned almost red....i have a pic on my profile page....anyway...yeah,red hair definately looks great on you
Old 08-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #17
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Yay, some poeple to chat to

I've been falling off and clambering back onto the diet wagon pretty much daily. However, I've managed to note why this keeps happening...

1 - I don't get up early enough to eat a proper breakfast so I find myself skipping straight to lunch and then I've missed out on a bunch of calories by the end of the day so I'm still hungry and craving sugars.
2 - When I do get up I don't eat straight away, so when I do get round to it I'm really hungry and whatever I eat never quite seems to fill me up.
3 - Boredom. I'm unemployed right now so just lazing around the house is not doing me any favours as I seem to be clock watching waiting for when I can next eat and I'm always a great one for boredom eating (and smoking )

So, I'm going to aim for getting up at 9am, having my breakfast and 9.30 and preparing my snacks for the day there and then so all I have to worry about is my lunch and dinner. Me and the bf also managed to find a mystery bag of haribos the other night, but *ahem* we ate them all so there is no need to worry about junk in the house

mauvaisroux I hope you have a great holiday! x

sweetheat I hate TOM cravings, I always seem to give into them too, as if menstruating is an excuse to eat junk food?? Crazy!! Your hair looks great, I'm really jealous as I dyed mine back to a black and red combination as I'm looking for new jobs and unfortunately need to appear mature and responsible That cool whip sounds great, unfortunately in the UK we don't get much in the way of low fat substitute stuff, well, we do get quite a bit but there seems to be a huge range of products like these in the US. Again, I'm going green with jealousy!!

hugz Good luck with your efforts, I know it's really difficult to cut alcohol out of your diet, especially when everyone else is drinking! What do you normally drink? Maybe you can swap it for something less calorific? OR have two waters or zero call soft drinks for every one alcoholic drink? Sometimes trying to substitute or limit yourself makes it harder than just cutting it out all together, but I guess you could try the above to see if it works for you? Let us know how it's going

Gypsy I hope you feel better soon! I've always looked at WW and wondered if it was for me, but I'm too tight to part with money each month Good luck with it

Divine I get the same with my bf, most of the time we are happy to be healthy and he doesn't mind eating what I eat etc. but we are such a bad influence on each other, one will suggest eating out and the other will say no but eventually cave in and two hours later we're stuffed and regretting it. I always find it easier to diet when he's not around... part of me kind of thinks how great it would be for him to walk through the door and say 'wow'... but that's not going to happen at this rate!!

Idealmuse Wow, good luck with the Triathalon!! It sounds ridiculous but I'm so unsporty, I really wish I was involved with some kind of organised sport. I envy your commitment

I just have one last thing to say and that is WW fudgesicles?? Again, very jealous!!! I hope you're all having a good week xx

One for Every 7lbs Lost:

Old 08-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #18

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'5

Haha. For sure! Thanks for the support- I'm not saying I'm NEVER gonna drink again- just not as often and not such hig cal sugary drinks-such as rumplemintz-blah! There is a show on saturday and I'm hoping to stick to vodka/tonics and very few.... We'll see how it goes.

Mmmmmm- fudge sicles
Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #19

Awww,thanks Maria,btw,what brand of dye are you using in your avatar pic?Its beautiful!!! My natural color is dirty blonde...sooo boring. Whenever I have some extra cash im going to dye it white,pink and black....

I also skip meals. I usually have breakfast but never eat lunch. i just don't really get hungry until around 4pm. Then, i'll have a small snack followed by dinner.I drink low carb/low calorie energy drinks so thats probably what makes my appetite so diminished.I <3 energy drinks. I know i should stop drinking them but i can't,lol. I also smoke,but im planning on quiting after i have reached goal weight. Its just too hard to stop everything at once! :P

It does suck that you have to tone down your hair color to get a job. Ive had to take out piercings for the same reason. I hate having to conform because society is so uptight about pink hair and a nose ring,lol.

Idealmuse,that is beyond amazing to be in a Triathalon!!! You friggin' rock it girl!!!!

Hope you guys have a great day!!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #20

Hugz,i drink vodka and diet sprite. In fact, I drank a little too much the other night lol. I have no tolerance for hard liquor so my hubby was like, ''Im putting the vodka away now sweety.'' He knows when ive had my limit and tells me when to stop. :P

what kind of band is your boyfriend in btw?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #21
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Sweetheart your hair looks great! it might be a little more red then pink, but it definitely looks good on you. I didn't dye my own, i actually paid $200 to get it done professionally...and if I ever decide I want super bright any strange colored hair again, I'd definitely do it all over. It was way too much money, but at the same time, it did look AMAZING! haha.

Maria I definitely know what you mean about never eating breakfast. If it wasn't for this super early job, I wouldn't eat breakfast either. You might want to try finding something simple and convenient...like how I drink the slimfast shakes, or there are weight watchers yogurt things...You could even just eat a granola bar. Anything is better then nothing....and about the mystery bag of haribos...don't feel bad. Yesterday my bf brought home a huge box of little debbie oatmeal cream pies, and ate two of them...left for a bit, and when he came back I had eaten them all >.<...lol

hugz the fudgesicles really ARE great. haha. If you do still want to drink, why don't you try making blended drinks with real fruit instead of artificial flavors and some sort of low cal alcohol. I would imagine that'd be better for you, as long as you planned for it in your diet. =D

Sweetheart and Maria Yeah I know about having to tone stuff down for a job...and its SO frustrating. I'm hoping once I finish school, I'll be able to get a teaching job without having to take out my nose stud. I think it's cute >.<....but I think I have hope, because my orchestra teacher had an industrial on one side and 4 helix piercings and like 3 holes in each lobe, and no one seemed to care...so *crosses fingers*

I guess I won't be dying my hair bright red when i'm teaching though =/
lol

I'm so glad people are talking on this thing!! Haha =D
Old 08-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #22

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Haha. For sure! Thanks for the support- I'm not saying I'm NEVER gonna drink again- just not as often and not such hig cal sugary drinks-such as rumplemintz-blah! There is a show on saturday and I'm hoping to stick to vodka/tonics and very few.... We'll see how it goes.

Mmmmmm- fudge sicles
Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #23
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

I usually can't drink at concerts. I find if it's an outdoor concert it's usually so hot I'd be dehydrated in half an hour. If it's an indoor concert well.. kinda the same thing because it's so rough in the pits.

However, we went to Mayhem Festival a few weeks ago and were there ALL day. The worst thing was trying to find food. Holy crap, pizza, nasty nachos and fried food. As if that wasn't bad enough it was all over priced (of course). A slice of pizza was like $6! I just gave up and didn't eat.

I totally understand about having to conform. No one knows my "other" me at work except two people. One is close to my age so she understands though has different tastes. The other loves the same kind of music and we run into each other at concerts. Everyone else would be floored. That's what happens when you work in finance though.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #24
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2Bhealthy View Post

Idealmuse Wow, good luck with the Triathalon!! It sounds ridiculous but I'm so unsporty, I really wish I was involved with some kind of organised sport. I envy your commitment
Hey I was about as un-sporty as they come! I still don't really identify myself that way... even though I've taken up these crazy things to keep me motivated with exercise. I guess the commitment just comes from the desire to really feel normal (weight wise) for once in my life. It's funny though seeing all these people run by in their neon spandex. I do feel out of place at times.

Half Iron Triathlete as of 7/2010
Training for Ironman Wisconsin!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #25
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheat888 View Post
lemonade=yummeh!!!!

i love lemonade and lime-ade flavored drinks,also if you like hawaiian punch they have them in those little to go packets now...the kind you put in water bottles and shake em up...they are soooo awesome!

btw,divine,i saw your red hair in the photo thread....it looked so bad-a$$!!!
i dyed mine pink the other day but it turned almost red....i have a pic on my profile page....anyway...yeah,red hair definately looks great on you
I miss my purple hair. I just got sick of the upkeep and severe damage the bleach did. My hair is brown normal and curly now. Blah. I do tend to dye it still but more "normal" burgundy/plum these days.

You girls look great w/ the red

Half Iron Triathlete as of 7/2010
Training for Ironman Wisconsin!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #26

S/C/G: 182.8/163.2/155

Height: 5'8"

You girls are a riot!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #27
on the way to skinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
I miss my purple hair. I just got sick of the upkeep and severe damage the bleach did.
They actually didn't bleach my hair when they dyed it at the salon, so it didn't really do much damadge...which i thought was insane because i'd dyed my hair so many colors before, including black. I didn't think it would show up...but it really did. I guess they just use some crazy-potent dye there...haha. Well, that and they did about 5 different conditioning treatments because they wanted to protect my hair because they left the dye on for an EXTREMELY long amount of time. lol

I kinda miss it. I don't know why I dyed over it. Now it's like this burgundy brown red color. Maybe next time i'll pay them hundreds of dollars to do black with blue and purple chunks. haha
Old 08-14-2009, 07:29 AM   #28
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

sweetheat the purple in my fringe is something I whacked together from manic panic (Divine wine), directions (Poppy Red) and crazy colour (Capri Blue) dyes. The pink in the rest of my hair was actually the faded result of the above mixture. When I first dyed it pink (in the pictures sticky) I used Directions Rubine which came out really lovely and magenta-ey and faded to a really bring pink. I used various different pinks and reds before hitting the purples, but found the pics on the net never matched what I ended up with, although it came out great, it always depends on your hair colour to start with. What did you use?

Divine I'm trying to get at least a protein shake in as early as I can... but I dunno, sometimes I just forget As for toning it down, I doubt I'll ever go full headed again but just before I dyed over the bleach completely, I had the top most shortest layers a lovely blue/purpley colour and the underneath black which I loved. I just need to find a job where they will let me compromise, heheh

TXJess I know what you mean about having an 'other' you, people I meet at work etc. all think I'm prim and proper and go to bed early and never stay out late. I quite like that though, I'm a private person so don't mind keeping my personal life personal... it doesn't beat going out with your work mates for the first time though, ha, the shocked looks and gasps of surprise when they find out what I'm really like, haha

Idealmuse I'm still having problems with bleach damage. It's been at least a couple of months since I last bleached my hair and that was only the roots but my hair seems to be getting worse everyday. I need to get it cut and get some deep conditioning treatments on it. I guess I need to win the lottery first though!! I really admire your commitment, I so often say the same as you and feel that a lot of the time but I'm just too nervous, shy and lazy to actually go and sign myself up for something. I'm easily disuaded by my own self destructive nature. Maybe one day when I can't use money or time as an excuse I'll sign up to something. Maybe trampolining??

I managed to get out of bed at 9.45 this morning, despite not sleeping forever because my bf couldn't sleep and was tossing and turning and cracking his knuckles (ugh!) till stupid-o'clock in the morning. I also managed to get my breakfast shake in a mere hour after getting up. The good news doesn't stop there my friends, oh no! I also saw a loss of 2.4lbs on the scale this morning compared to my weekend weigh in, so something is working. I guess it's all the junk I've cut out of my diet. It's not completely disappeared, but it's geting there

My bf's parents have invited us to visit soon, so it looks like I'll be spending a few nights in France come September. A nice little target for me. They haven't booked the flights yet, so I don't have an exact number of days, but I imagine it will be in the next three weeks. I'd like to lose around 7lbs before then... so I'd better up the ante

How is everyone doing with their weightloss plans? I hope you're all fabulous, keep up the good work ladies

One for Every 7lbs Lost:

Old 08-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #29
on the way to skinny

I've only lost 1 lb in the past week ....which i guess isn't too terrible, but at the same time i've become so used to 3-5 lbs a week that it IS kind of frustrating. I've (for the most part...i've had a couple slip ups...but just a couple in a month doesn't seem too bad to me.) been sticking to plan....and I may be 15 lbs down, but I don't see a difference...that's probably the most frustrating part. It was cool though, yesterday at work my boss was like "are you losing weight?"...and she was the first person to notice...so apparently other people can see it, I just can't. lol

I totally found my favorite pair of jeans from 7th grade...they had gone missing the summer after, and I looked for them for like 2 years before I gave up...but yeah, I found them today, and they are a size 15. Right now I'm in a 20...but I can't wait till I get down to that 15 and into those jeans.

Right now though, my goal is to be able to put on the 18s I have and loved when they fit...WITHOUT muffin topping. lol.

Maria congrats on those 2.4lbs!...AND on getting up in the morning and drinking a shake. The more you do it the easier it will get.

Last edited by DivineFidelity : 08-14-2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #30
Ay yo le la

S/C/G: 142/134/120

Hello everyone! Haven't posted too much on the forum, so thought I'd drop by here. I've been struggling to get back on the wagon ever since the end of last year. I lost about 10lbs then and would like to keep going. The strange thing is it seems I'm only able to really get into dieting in the fall and winter months, which really sucks if you have a lot of weight to lose! I've just noticed that every time I've dieted for a few months straight it was from September-December..

Anyway, this time I'm looking to add more exercise than before.. I just ordered a Bar Method DVD (anyone ever tried it? It looks really cool,) and would like to go for hour long walks with my dog (once she heals up from surgery and it's not too hot for huskies) at a new state park near my house.. I also walk a lot most days and want to get a pedometer to start tracking that. Yesterday I had 1200 calories which I'm happy about.. I just have to keep going for a few months now. I really can't wait to measure myself and start working out.

Gypsy That sucks about getting the flu! Hope you're feeling better. I got sick a while ago too and was in bed for 6 weeks.. I still haven't figured out what was wrong but I went to the ER twice and had about a million visits with doctors and cardiologists because my heart rate was going nuts.. But the first week I was burning up and it may have been the flu. I've never had any inner ear problems, but it sounds awful.

sweetheat I love cool whip too! Though I get the soy variety.. My only problem is it's a spray can and it keeps breaking! I've gone through 3 now without finishing it, and this last one was almost full when it broke. I should take it back to the store.. Anyway, I agree that it's awesome for dieters. Just a small squirt and I'm happy.

going2Bhealthy I love your hair too! I've been coloring my hair the same for years now and feel a bit unadventurous looking at pink hair. Good luck on getting back on the wagon. I've struggled with that a lot too.

DivineFidelity The color in your avatar looks really nice! The color you described having now sounds cool too. My hair is naturally very dark brown, but I've been dying it brown-black forever now (sounds nuts sometimes to do such a small change.. but it looks a lot better.) When they colored your hair purple they probably used a developer with a lot of lift. I've been buying my hair coloring supplies at Sally's where you can get the color and developer separately and it's immensely less damaging. It's basically the same as at a salon (if one wants to do it at home.) Oh, and don't feel bad about 1lb! That's my average! haha Keep it up, it'll come off.

As a little bonus (because everybody loves puppies, right? haha) Here's my new Siberian Husky named Skaši. She just had surgery yesterday trying to remove a tumor, which we wont find out if it's malignant until next week. We also found out she has another one on her other side. She should heal okay but send good vibes or something. She will need major surgery if it's malignant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_5210.jpg (28.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_5235.jpg (28.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_5233.jpg (39.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_5021.jpg (26.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Frigg : 08-14-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.