3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   August Exercise Accountability (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/178117-august-exercise-accountability.html)

katiecron 08-01-2009 10:02 AM

August Exercise Accountability

Though I do alright exercising on my own, I really need accountability and peer interaction in order to really push myself. As applies to most of us, I really need to stick to a routine. I was thinking about local gym membership or curves, but then decided to join my hometown roller derby team! That's right, babies...roller gal, here. First practice tonight. I'm sure 2-2hour skate practices and 1 land practice on the beach will do my body great each week.
So I thought of all groups, this one would most appreciate my news.
OK, so we have the August accountability thread. I know I'll be posting :)
Slugs and Bruises, Kate
p.s. any ideas for a skate name?

jandaman 08-02-2009 09:14 AM

30 min physio
30 min strength
15 min cardio

jandaman 08-03-2009 10:22 AM

ola kate- am feeling abit more social today...totally envious of your roller derby girl status--that hasn't really caught on here in germany. :(
i can also recommend jillian michaels 30 day shred if you are looking for a "proper flogging"*evilgrin* wish i had neat-o idea re: skate name but brain is sluggish and jello-like (semester breaks are way too long)

120 min hike

katiecron 08-03-2009 09:39 PM

i wish i could get into the shred, but i really need to be part of a team to keep up the routine. luckily i've got my skate practice, DDR, and bike.
funny thing is that i've been sitting on a bag of ice since practice. i did a total crotch to floor splits with legs to each side. ouch!

Sushi 08-04-2009 01:42 PM

That's so awesome. How about Skatiecron for a name? ;) I wish I could to Roller Derby but I have issues with my feet that would require me to get custom skates that I just can't afford. DDR is still on my wishlist. It looks so damn fun. Last spring some jerk swiped the back wheel off my bike, casette and all, and I never replaced it yet. So I am left with running and lifting weights at home.

jandaman 08-05-2009 11:06 AM

katie--literally grabbed crotch area and whispered "duude" deferentially when reading ur post. awesome. you are!

mauvaisroux 08-05-2009 10:08 PM

katie -owwwwww! That sounds pretty painful! :(

This week's exercise:

August 1 - 1 hour walk around the neighbourhood
August 2 - 1 hour walk around the neighbourhood
August 3 - 1 hour walk around the neighbourhood
August 4 - walk to and from work - 1 hour - 20 minutes on bike
August 5 - walk to and from work = 1 hour and 40 minute walk around neighbourhood

going2Bhealthy 08-08-2009 07:25 AM

I've been really bad about exercising, I pretty much stopped walking unless it was to the shop and back for lunch, so I'm trying to get back on track... fingers crossed!

August 1st 3.2 mile walk
August 2nd - nil
August 3rd - nil
August 4th - 2 mile walk
August 5th - nil
August 6th - 2 mile walk
August 7th - 2 mile walk

katiecron 08-10-2009 10:31 PM

took a few days off after the Chinese splits (as it was called back in grade school).
i've been riding bike and stretching a lot.
so the tally begins:
3*15 minute bike rides
90 minutes "off skates conditioning" =ouch in a good way :) =
=135 min last week