Need motivation to get through the weekend!

• So I've lost four pounds in the last two weeks and I'm feeling great about it!

I know this weekend is going to be difficult though because it's going to be so busy. I'll be on the road a lot, with many opportunities to get off track. When I get frustrated and busy like that I tend to slip. Eating out too much, or eating the wrong things just b/c I'm on the go. It's hard to take things with you in my situation. I live in NC and it's BLAZING hot. I'm in the car or outside most of the time.

Any recommendations or words of encouragement?
  • Make a food plan....that way you will be prepared
  • Keep healthy snacks with you or at least in your car. When I know that I'm going to be out and driving a lot I'll keep things like a box of Special K bars in my car.
  • We do road trips to Chicago from NC a lot, so it's two days of potential fast food binging. I pack lots of snacks that either need no refrigeration or can go into a cooler (you can get ice anywhere) and we plot out restaurants we can stop at along the way. I check out their menus online and stick to healthy choices. Freeze some bottles of water, it keeps it cool for a while in this godawful heat.
  • Oh goodness, it's going to take me a while to get back into the swing of this place. Mental note: check post dates.