Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 06:20 AM   #16  

Height: 5'-2"

You're a bit of a giggle, Soozie. heh heh. I used to want to have big breasts... what a fool! They're not that big now... 36 B or something... but I long for that sweet little chest that I had in my slimmer days! And unfortunately I inherited my father's big rib cage, so they look bigger than then are.

You're going to the shore... it sounds lovely. We're going to the cottage this weekend. Leaving tonight. Apart from the fact that I've got my period and that the toilet facilities at the cottage consist of an outhouse, I'm quite looking forward to getting away. We make a stop for groceries on the way, so I'll try to stock up on some healthy snacks. The problem with the cottage is, you start feeling a little sorry for yourself because you're cut off from civilization, and then you snarf down everything in sight.

Is your daughter in school? Kindergarten?

Kat, how are things going? And how do I cure a headache without having to pop 5 Advil? It's a massage thing, isn't it. I need a volunteer.

Back in a few days. Soozie, have a wonderful time at the shore! And Kat, have a great weekend! Keep up with that exercise!
Old 06-27-2002, 11:05 PM   #17  
the kid's counting on me!

Ellis have fun at the cottage...sorry about the fridge...
My little girl is starting kindergarten in the fall. I can't believe how big she is. She is in camp tue, wed, and thur for the next six weeks. Tennis was too adorable, did I already tell you that??? The pro teaches adults and you'd have had no idea that he was talking to five years olds...

ie,"there are some parts of the tennis court that I'd like you to become familiar with...this is the baseline...what is it??...the baseline...and this is the service line...what is it???...the service line." He was waiting for the kids to answer him and they all just were staring like..."duh...huh???" So he had to answer his own questions.

He was like the stereotype of a gym teacher from a B Movie. Too cute. My kid loved it. She needs some "man energy" and he is a total dose of testosterone!!

Of course she has pop-pops and uncles but the more the merrier....
See you when I return. Hugs. Soozie

ps Ellis, Seaside is in New Jersey, just North of Long Beach Island, near Island Beach State Park, North of the famous and infamous Atlantic City. Its where the MTV Beach Party is filmed. ..Of course thats not why we go there because last year they wanted me to do a dance segment for the bikini competition but I had a problem because my thong got lost up my big ole b....opps better not go there someone else aready used that joke last week.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:31 PM   #18  
a work in progress...

Exclamation

Hi soozie and ellis...

Small world we live in....I was just at Island Beach on Monday! AND we had lunch at a bar in Seaside Hts...AND, I have vacationed on LBI many times!! AND lost money in Atlantic City!!! What part of the garden state are you from, my fellow Jersey tomato??

Nothing much to report from this end...I fell totally off the diet wagon yesterday...and if my kids don't drive me to drink (or consume mass quantities first)...I will be attempting to haul my big keester back on board...

see you later, hopefully from a better place than where I am now.

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-28-2002 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:55 AM   #19  

Hey Kat, I hadn't realized that you're from New Jersey. I had a great weekend but I'm exhausted. gotta go the bed. Will write again tomorrow!!!
Hi Ellis, wrote to you at AChicks.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:27 AM   #20  

Hey Kat and Soozie!

Today is D-day!! I am starting afresh (again). Low fat, high fibre, cutting back on white flour and sugar. And I'd like to say I'm going to exercise today, but it's heading for 33 degrees C, very humid with a smog alert. So screw the exercise for now. Unless I can find something to do in the basement. Aha! I'll clean the basement out!
Oh, and I'm going to put together a cd for myself with a bunch of my daughter's music. Fast and fun stuff. And my plan is to play it while I clean the house (normally a rare occurance). In theory, I'll be prancing around the house, losing weight, and getting clean and tidy.
If only my fridge hadn't broken down this weekend....

New Jersey... you lucky girls!!

Kat, get back on the wagon! Soozie, you too!

have a great day girls...
ellis
Old 07-01-2002, 11:42 AM   #21  
a work in progress...

How come I'm a little suspicious of somone who says you're "lucky" to be from New Jersey? Don't get me wrong...I love living here...it's just that usually there's a snide remark about "how many smoke stacks are in your back yard?" (none!) or, "Do you know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried?" (under Giants Stadium?) I think most people associate NJ with what they see on the Turnpike, on the way to Newark Airport, or maybe what they see on 'the Sopranos!'

Anyway...thanks, ellis, for your good wishes...and yes, I am back on the wagon. I had a tooth filled this morning, so I can't chew anything for a while...which helps...but I actually climbed back up on board yesterday, and intend to stay up here til I get the job done!! No major plans here for the fourth of July...how about you guys?

Have a good Monday!
Old 07-01-2002, 11:24 PM   #22  

I made my exercise goal of exercising three times last week!!!! Yahoo!!!! (just one day at the gym but two days of walking and weeding the garden) Goal is to do three days this week as well. My eating was pretty in control today. This morning I took our neighbors (neighbours) new paddle boat out for a spin. My daughter rode, I paddled. It was really fun but really hot. I slathered the two of us with sunscreen and packed alot of cold water to drink. DD could just barely reach the pedals but I let her steer a bit. Felt like a girl scout again. Then took DD to tennis lesson, dropped her at the sitter, then off to work. long day, can't wait to hit the pillow...Goodnight Ellis, Goodnight Kat......goodnight all you quiet lurkers...sleep well and eat well tomorrow. Soozie
Old 07-07-2002, 07:25 PM   #23  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

HI girls, I have a parenting question & figured that this may be the best place to get help! One of my best friends is a lesbian, while we have gotten together many times with my kids, she has never had her partner with her when we have. Well she just bought a house less than 2 miles from our home, so I know that it will be happening very soon. I have raised our children to be very accepting, and children naturally have an open mind, so I am not concerned at all about that. I am concerned that my 7 year old that just worships her, will ask embarassing questions. Should I try to prepare him, or just wait & see if he even notices? I really don't think that my 5 year old will, she may ask where the daddy is, but I think that a simple answer of they don't have one at their house will sufice for her. My son on the other hand is much more inquisitive. Any suggestions?
Old 07-07-2002, 10:32 PM   #24  

Hi Chris. I have a few ideas about that. I would generally wait for kids to ask questions and then answer their questions honestly and age appropriately. I would ask your friend how she feels about it and if she has nieces or nephews how she discusses things with them. I tell my little girl that there are all different kinds of families. There is a good book called Heather has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman that would be good for a seven year old.

Do your friends have kids?? If they are just two adult women who live together your kids may not ask where the daddy is or may just over time realize that these two women are a family. Oh well, hope that helps. Take care. Soozie
Old 07-08-2002, 01:46 PM   #25  

hi guys!!! thought I'd barge in & join you guys...what a fun bunch!!!
glad you're all motivated & ready to go!!! I been going for 3 weeks now...haven't lost much weight but have been exercising like a fool...and I am lazy as **** so if I can do it....I seem to be doing everything right, need to lose a good 50 lb which I was able to gain in just a few months...so I beat you all!! I'm 45, from upstate NY, & I live w/my sweetie & all our kids. fun fun fun!!
I hope I can motivate you guys & I hope you'll keep me on program too...I'm on WW and journaling is fine but figuring those points is a killer for me...so I do tend to improvise...but my splurges are all in fruits & veggies so how bad can I be!!??
hope you all had a great 4th & I hope to keep reading lots more fun stuff...gonna check out that alternachick place too...how much crazier can they be??!!! take care all!!! meg
Old 07-08-2002, 02:12 PM   #26  

Default Welcome Meg !!!

Welcome Meg. Thanks for joining us. Kat and Chris and Ellis are honorary lesbians. They are the brave few that have actually responded to my message with the "L" word in it, even tho they're all heteros...or basically hetero... ...but, I love them anyway because they ventured in here. Squeak, too, I almost forgot, has said a word or two here.
So, I just returned from a brief visit to the gym, have to go relieve my neighbor now, dumped my daughter on her...
have to take over so she can get some free time now.

Soozie.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:34 PM   #27  
a work in progress...

Hey all...

Starting over (My theme song!) again...It is simply amazing how hard one must work to shed the same 5 measly pounds that can be put on in a day or two of indulgence! And I'm not talking BINGE here...just not dieting...you know...chips with your 4th of July BBQ hamburger and potato salad...ice cream cake for dessert...all right...maybe a brownie...or two...I'm not talking MEGA portions either, (except for the brownies!) just what I haven't been eating lately. Actually, I don't know that I've gained 5 lbs...I'm just expecting the worst...while praying for the best!

So, I'm back to Fit for Life eating, daily exercise and LOTS of water...a gallon a day, 128 oz...5 refills on my 24 oz water cup+ 1 more cup...clear all paths to the bathroom!

Hi meg, welcome! I love the WW points system...I don't go to meetings anymore. but I still use my Pointsfinder...take it to the supermarket with you...keeps me in check!

Welcome to you too, chris! Good advice from soozie, I thought...I can only add, always be honest with kids...they are going to say embarassing things no matter what the situation! A good sense of humor goes a L*O*N*G way in dealing with that!

Ellis...are you still out there? Do drop in and say "Hello!"

Soozie...paddle boating sounds work disguised as fun! Did you ever rent those bikes in Cape May...the four seaters with the pedals and the fringy top? They look fun too...I thought a half hour rental was not enough time...til we tried it! It's hard work! (disguised as fun!) Yes, I am inherently lazy. I do like gardening and weeding as an exercise session though. I'm alway surprised at how much huffing and puffing and sweating I do out there. I will be going to the gym this evening, gonna give Tai Chi a try...then a good Aquacize class.
I'm trying, I'm trying!

Gotta run...have spent WAY too much time here, playing catch up...I have a few other boards that I post on as well as this fine board. Yes, I'm a fickle one all right...you might say I'm a 3FC gadabout! Don't tell.

Have a grand day, all!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-08-2002 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:20 PM   #28  

hello darlings!

Welcome Meg! What does "meanbuji" stand for?

Listen girls, I can't talk right now... I'm just going to eat a bag of chips. As usual I started the day out right, but it's 3m and I'm feeling a little peckish. I'll start again tomorrow. At least I'm getting some exercise today... I'm moving the furniture around in the guest room. And carrying an amoire upstairs to the second floor. And taking a huge heavy bookcase up to our bedroom on the third floor. I'm exhausted.
And it's really hot again today. I need some chips. Sodium deficiency I think.

I'll be back later....
xo ellis
Old 07-08-2002, 04:07 PM   #29  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Thanks for the advice everyone! I guess that we will find out the answer to my question very soon! Zach & I are going to their house & then we are all going kayaking for a short bit. I guess that I will just let him go & see what embarrassing questions he asks. I don't mind him asking anything at all, & I really don't think Lee will either, she is great with him. I just don't want him to say anything that would hurt her partner. I don't know her well enough to know what to expect there. Oh well, I guess that we will find out soon enough. Hopefully I have raised him well enough to remember to not say anything that he thinks may hurt someone else!

Done well so far today! These last 15 pounds though are the hardest yet! Hopefully the activity tonight will kick start the loss for this week!
Old 07-08-2002, 05:16 PM   #30  

hi all!!!
hey soozie, honorary lesbian, that's cool!! glad you made it to the gym...feeling better now aincha???!!! yeah!!!!

katrina, that water's a killer, isn't it?? I keep getting the hiccups now, & those really painful ones way down deep in the chest!!!

ellis, are we too late to stop you from eating those chips??????? how about some popcorn instead...or pretzels even???!!!! Buji was the name of my dear departed cat..he looked like Morris, weighed about 200 lbs, was ornery as **** & had 6 toes on each foot. but I loved him. the name stands for "me and buji" cause we were bestest buddies, but it shortened it...oh & cause I'm mean too!! LOL!!!

did I mention I can't stand kids??? no, really. but anyway. Like Art Linkletter always said "kids say the darndest things!!" but you gotta love their innocence....then they get older but so must we. Be good all!!!!
Closed Thread