3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Any Roller Derby Girls Out There? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/172017-any-roller-derby-girls-out-there.html)

breathingfumes 05-18-2009 07:56 PM

Any Roller Derby Girls Out There?

I would love to have a weight loss buddy that plays roller derby so we can discuss how practice and bouts effect weight loss and just chat about general weight loss tricks. just a few things i'm 23 weigh 208 and i'm on the weight watchers plan.

Sojourner 06-21-2009 10:24 PM

Mmmmm I would like to say yes... am currently considering joining the local roller derby league...

Spring_Thaw 07-03-2009 11:38 AM

Heya! I've been a mostly lurker here at 3FC for a while, but just had to pop my head in on this one.

I'm retired, but I helped in the building of, and played our first season in the derby team here! :) Illness/injury forced my retirement, and some days I miss it terrible.

I never lost a darn lb when I was playing derby, but that's because I drank more, and went out for post-practice/post-game meals more. heh.

So, I can't really talk about practice affecting my loss NOW, which is probably more what you're lookin for, but I thought I'd pop my head in anyway. :)

Sojourner: See you're from Wisconsin...would your local league be the ***? ;)

mauvaisroux 07-12-2009 04:37 PM

I just went to my first live derby show! It was so much fun. If I could skate and didn't bruise easily I might join. :D

Sojourner 07-14-2009 05:30 PM

Well I have been to two practices now... wow am I out of shape but it was sooooo FUN!! The local league is the Fox Cityz Foxz. :)

mauvaisroux 07-16-2009 11:11 PM

Cool!

Spring_Thaw 07-17-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourner (Post 2826703)
Well I have been to two practices now... wow am I out of shape but it was sooooo FUN!! The local league is the Fox Cityz Foxz. :)

Sweet! I don't know why it starred out part of my ? earlier. I played on the Brewcity Bruisers (Crazy Eights). I think you guys just played our Battlestars!

Got yourself a name/number yet?:)

betty grrl 08-03-2009 12:19 AM

Oh to be a Roller Derby Girl!! I have a long way to go BUT that is my ultimate goal, to join the local Roller Derby here in Winnipeg!!!

Sushi 08-04-2009 02:46 PM

Hey ! You're from Winnipeg too. Kewl! Is the Roller Derby still functional here? I thought it closed down?

betty grrl 08-05-2009 02:15 AM

It look like they are still active. Just google "winnipeg roller derby" and you can get on their site.

Thats awesome another Winnipegger!!!

thisisntsybil 08-09-2009 01:40 PM

I was going to sign up for the roller derby girls here in Detroit, but I was actually told that they needed someone bigger than me! Boy, was I ever surprised!

Sojourner 08-09-2009 11:15 PM

I have REALLY been enjoying roller derby practice... I have a long way to go before I can actually pass the skills test but I am determined! Practices are really brutal and I haven't even done any contact drills yet. But I love it...

going2Bhealthy 08-10-2009 06:32 PM

I had to google roller derby, I'd never heard about it before and it looks like a lot of fun! I guess we just don't have it here in the UK and I'd probably suck having never been a skater, but I'm really jealous of you roller derby girls, it really looks like a fun sport :)

Derbying4herlife 08-20-2009 10:55 AM

I LOVE derby Ive been doing it for about a month, its really building up my leg muscles and endurance, its nice to be part of a team

Sojourner 08-29-2009 04:01 PM

Ok I have pretty much become addicted to roller derby! Wow it's such a great workout and it is PERFECT for an alternachick like me. :)