Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 02:32 PM   #76  
the kid's counting on me!

Shel, nice to meet you. Hope you stick with your plan to keep in touch even though the bad times...thats a big part of why we're all here!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2002, 03:05 PM   #77  

Height: 5'-2"

Soozie, thank you so much for your support. It's greatly appreciated.

Shel sweetie, I'm so sorry you're down. Don't stay away again when you're feeling bad... like Soozie said, we're here for you, okay?
You know what? Contrary to what everyone else may think, you don't have to be in a certain position at a certain age in your life. ****, 31 is young!! By the time I had my very first boyfriend at the age of 21, everyone else had had sex about 100 times at least!
It's all relative, sweetie.
Listen, my best friend got married at 39. She'd dated at few jerks... not one nice one in the bunch. Now she's just had a baby... she'll be 40 this year. In one year she went from being what she felt was "completely miserable" (man-less, car-less, computer-less and living in a one-bedroom apt) to bang bang bang... married, a baby, a house, two cars, a riding mower, six computers and a great husband. YES!! IT CAN BE DONE!! And 39 isn't the cut-off date, either. Fate is waiting for you right around the corner, Shel.
The biggest thing you have to do is to learn to feel good about yourself. Then you can handle the rest of the stuff. You'll KNOW if you should leave your boyfriend. You'll be able to acknowledge that your mom is not too supportive and it doesn't really matter... she's just a mother. Let her go. HER feelings are HER problem.
And your sister? I bet you anything that your sister is just a little envious of YOU sometimes. I know I used to envy my girlfriend when she was still single. When she'd go home from work, put on her pyjamas and curl up with a book and a snack... all by herself!! It still sounds like heaven to me!
Hey, don't get under those blankets... I know exactly how you're feeling. We don't want you stuck under them crying, okay? Get out and do something that makes you feel good...
Is there anywhere that you can go for some help? Do you have drop-in support groups anywhere nearby? You have to tell people that you feel crappy, okay? And that you need help or support. I always thought that someone would read my mind and come to my rescue, but it ain't gonna happen. You've got to go and get it yourself. And you're strong... you can do it, Shel!!
gotta run...love ya.... take care...
Old 06-26-2002, 05:28 PM   #78  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Wow you chicks have laying down some heavy posts here!

Shel, just reading your post has brought tears to my eyes! Not to be mushy, but here is a hug! ( ) I think that you need one! Do not feel bad about venting! Heaven knows after I spend time with the outlaws, I will be here venting! I have been married for 11 years now, but I can honestly say, I am not sure how we made it past some of those fights the first few years! That is part of why I put on so much weight! I was miserable for the first 4 years, I only had my first child to appease him & figured that at least when I finally did leave I would have someone to love. Somehow we are coming full circle. With the birth of Zach suddenly we started connecting again & there was a reason to try to stay together. We did get back to the point that we enjoyed each others company. The bedroom still suffered for years, I couldn't stand the thought of him seeing me like I was. But even that is turning around as the weight is coming off. (OK too much information huh?) Anyway, hang in there. He may be the right one, or maybe the right one is right around the corner & you will be thankful to have had the past that you did so you were molded & just perfect for Mr. Right. (OK I am a hopeless romantic at times too! Sorry I can't help much in the Mother relationship! It sounds like yours came from the same school of parenting that mine did!

Hey anyone that wants the "Fat Clothes" welcome to them! I can't wait to hit goal & start filling my closets with new, single digit sized stuff!

Well I need to get going! Hubby is going to kill me if he finds out I came home late because I was "Chatting" Take care everyone!
Old 06-26-2002, 06:53 PM   #79  

Hello ladies!

Thanks over and over for your support of my decision to not do the summer camp! Everyone has agreed with me so far, especially those people that know the details. So, it's down to making a difficult phone call to the other directors, and I'm home free! BTW, I did turn in my paper on time, but as usual, I wasn't satisfied with it. I expect too much of myself sometimes!

Christina: It really sounds like you had a lonely time when you were a kid. But it is those rough times that make us stronger. Who knows why your live led the wonderful path that it has, but at least you can have the pride to own up to all that you have chosen to do for yourself. You can't change the past, but it really sounds like you are trying to make up for it by enjoying your present and future. Good for you
I know what you mean about the kids driving you crazy! I'm not a parent, but I work with kids all day every day, and sometimes they get the better of you. I think parenting is like the Peace Corps--"The Toughest Job You'll Ever Love". It sounds like you have a good handle on how to deal with them, even if they drive you a little nuts at times. That's what kids are for, right! I am an only child, too, and it wasn't until just recently that I started working with kids. I was scared of them! I had never been around any or even known very many from when I was younger. It's like another world, and when the sun shines, your heart melts; when the wind blows, you push harders; when the storms come, you brace yourself for another day. Hang in there--they're lucky to have you.
Big congrats! It must feel great to let go of those clothes. That's the thing that I can't wait to do once I get my rear in gear.

Ellis: WOW! First of all, I'm sorry that I misunderstood your last post, and thank you for clarifying that. I'm glad you found something that works for you. However, I'm really sorry to hear about the trauma that your family has faced. It must be so terrifying and overwhelming to have faced your daughter's attempted suicide. It also must be difficult to have had so much depression and sadness in your life. I completely agree with Soozie that it is of upmost importance to see a counselor/therapist that makes you feel comfortable. It seems like you and your daughter have found that. Please don't feel guilty about any impact your depression may have had on her. Depression is like any other physical illness, like cancer or pnemonia. There is nothing that you could have done to prevent from feeling that way, and you absolutely were the best parent that you could be at the time. It's wonderful that the two of you are trying to work some things out, but you have to let go of that guilt you feel if you want to move past it. It's fantastic that you found meds that work for you so that you can be yourself again. Thank you for sharing such a powerful story with us.
Thanks also for your kind, kind words! Sometimes, especially in my area of work, it's nice to hear something so positive about yourself. I don't ever take credit for my clients' accomplishments because they are the ones who work for their achievements. So, sometimes I feel like I don't do much, and it's nice to hear that I could be there for you when you needed an ear.

Shel: I'm also sorry to hear that you're having a rough time! You are absolutely NOT self-centered. That is what this group is for. You have some really rough waters that you're swimming in! I know what you mean about the BF and the relationship. It is so hard to have that love and apathy all at once. You have the right approach, though--is it worth it to endure so many more years of this up and down, or is it better to just rip off the Band-Aid and let the wound heal. Know this--you are a wonderful person, and if he isn't meeting your expectations, then you deserve (and will find) someone who will.
I know what you mean about life plans! 31 is so young, and you have a lot of time to achieve whatever you want. Sometimes I think that we don't plan life, it plans us! Just because you don't have everything you thought you would doesn't mean you won't have it. In fact, the friends that I have that got married right out of high school are going through bitter divorces and separations, while the friends who thought they'd never find anyone are enjoying their lives with their soulmates. Your life is going to come together--sometimes you have to realize how much you want something before it falls into your lap. It makes you appreciate it more.
You also touched me when you talked about having a hard time in college. I moved away to college at 17, and it was the worst time in my life for a lot of reasons. Unfortunately, the way that I dealt with it was to eat and eat and eat and eat. So much so that I gained about 50-60 pounds my first semester of school! I have gotten over it by now, but that old habit is still with me, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to change that. It makes me feel like I can't be myself or enjoy my life like I used to because of all this extra weight. It's so silly to let weight stop me from being all that I can be, especially because I really don't let much stop me! I just can't bring myself to feel complete until I can be at a normal weight like I used to be.

Mauv: Are you feeling better? I hope so!

Squeak: So sorry to hear about all the work stress. I like your positive outlook, though, that you are able to stick to your plan. I hate when my work gets crazy like that, but it sounds like you are such a valuable asset to your job, and I hope that they acknowledge all the hard work you're doing.

Den: AAAGGHH! I hate computers sometimes! It always seems like they spaz at the worst possible time. I'm looking forward to hearing from you, though. I am going camping this weekend, and we decided to go to a state park in the thumb. (I have a baby shower to go to on Sunday morning, so I didn't want to go too far away.) I leave for Traverse City in two weeks, and I can't wait!

Ruth: You've been keeping busy! I love gardening, but because I live in an apartment, I really can't have anything fun. I can't wait to buy a house--then I'll be bugging you all the time for gardening tips. When is your reunion?

Soozie: BIG CONGRATS on the gym! I know you are going to meet your goal this week. I hope I didn't offend you with my mental health professionals dump. I am also in the field, and I'll be done with my master's in April. It's been my experience that I look around and wonder why the **** some of those therapists are doing what their doing. Then again, I've met some that have truly inspired me.

This week, I am going to do my best to stick to a plan and not snack. I probably won't have time to work out because I have seven papers due between Monday and Tuesday (that's not a typo either!). Of couse I haven't started them, and I don't plan on working on them over the weekend! I am going to be bad today and order a pizza. I had a rough case at the police station, I'm tired, and I have a lot of work in front of me. I just don't feel like cooking dinner. (I'm never going to lose weight!) What diet plans (if any) do you all follow?

That's it for now. See you all soon! BTW-My name is Kat, and since I almost always write that at the end of my posts on accident, I will just tell you guys so I don't have to delete it anymore!

Kat
Old 06-26-2002, 09:12 PM   #80  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hello everyone!

I am feeling much better today!
Hubby is downstairs doing laundry so I have the place to myself.
I should actually be doing the dinner dishes but the today's posts are so riveting I cannot tear myself away....Okay, so who am I kidding, dishes have never been a priority for me.
I have to admit to all of you that a this very moment, as I am typing this post, I am eating an Aero chunky chocolate bar

Ruthxxx-my! You have been a busy chick haven't you! Your family reunion sounds like fun!

Soozie-your welcome! I am glad that I started this thread and met such fabulous chicks! Way to go on the gym sounds like you are getting in gear-good for you!

Dentrassi-darn it! I just did the exact same thing as you...I typed half of my post then hit the wrong key and poof! Gone! Arrgh!
I wish I was more computer literate and could quit doing things like that!

Tiggerdiva-just think how good you felt when you finally came to the decision to say no, this will help you face the phone calls to the other directors. Maybe you should keep a large drawing of a big yellow happy face saying " I am freeing myself by saying no "by the phone for inspiration.

Ellis- I hope you and your daughter work things out together. Don't feel bad about yourself over it. You can't change what is in the past only what you will do in the future and you are both getting help so that is a step in the right direction.

Christina- that's okay! That is not way too much information. You are totally right the way you feel about your weight and appearance can make you feel totally unsexy and uninterested.
Been through that but am getting better with the loss too.

Squeeker-sounds like you are super busy at work-you are going to need that vacation! Don't beat your self up over the stress eating, I do it too. Just eat well for the next few days and you'll be okay.

Shel-Wow! No wonder you have not been around. I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it. (hugs) It is never easy fighting with someone you love. As for your life plans-you are not alone. I am turning 35 next week, I rent an apartment, I bought a second-hand minivan last summer (the first vehicle I have ever owned), I still don't have any kids, I have had 4 job changes in the last 6 years, I wonder if my life will ever settle down. So much for everything to turn as planned. What's that saying?
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
I have had people look down on me because they think I am some kind of bohemian freak with a crazy lifestyle while others have envied me for my lifestyle-go figure

Most of the people I know who appear to have everything are not any happier than anyone else. In fact they sometimes seem to have even more problems, you don't see what goes on behind closed doors. I don't think anyone has a truly perfect life, they just handle their problems in different ways or find their joy in different things. You need to find out what makes you happy and fulfill yourself. not try to live up to others expectations or stack your life up against theirs.

This is for all of you great ladies- We are all beautiful, unique and talented in our own individual ways and don't let ourselves forget it! ( great, now I sound like a bloody greeting card )

Hugs to all of you!
Mauvaisroux
Old 06-26-2002, 10:19 PM   #81  

Tigger, you're the sweetest ol' thing there ever was. What a lovely thing to say, "... you were the best parent that you could be at the time..." Thank you. That means a lot to me.
And Mauvais, thank you, too! I was just having a little cry in my bed (after telling Shel not to cry in her bed!), and you darlings have cheered me right up.
Now could someone come and massage my shoulders? I'm a little stiff. Ruth? You should know how to do that stuff by now. You're surrounded by hot men, aren't you? Raoul the hairdresser, whatisname with the special hands, the post diggers with no shirts...
Hey, remember back in January... you were gardening! I have three tomatoes on my vines. And the strawberry plants that looked dead when I planted them upside down and then turned them around and then they looked dead for 5 weeks afterwards... I'm pretty damned sure they're sprouting!

I'm glad you're feeling better, Mauvais. Don't let anyone criticize your life... you've got a great lifestyle!!! There's no set equation for happiness... no one has to have kids or a car or a man or a woman or a house... all we need is to love ourselves for who we are. (sounds good in theory)

Jeepers, how many times have I posted today!?

cheer up everyone... we all love each other.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:48 AM   #82  

Whoa...you are a pretty amazing group of women. wow.
Ellis and Mauvais and Tigger what great feedback you gave to each other and Christina and Shel. You're some real smart chicks.
Tigger-Kat...don't even fret about the comment about mental health providers, it made me smile.
hope to get to the gym on Friday, tomorrow my work schedule is crazy, no way I'll get there, then we'll be at the shore on Saturday and Sunday and I'll try to walk both days. That would be four days of exercise instead of my goal of three...if it happens cool...I'll be back tomorrow but may miss you then over the weekend until Monday.

If you want to know about my eating you'll have to check out "lesbian mom" but I'll just tell ya, it ain't weight watchers baby...gotta make some changes there. and Mauvais, thanks for confessing about the chocolate bar, though I never heard of the brand, is that a Canadian thing?? Not that I'm interested in researching sweets mind you

I did stock up my desk at work with mini V-8 juices. I love them. And I bought some power bars for emergencies. I also bought some bagged salad and a bottle of fat free salad dressing and stuck it in the fridge. I do so much better when I have some healthy options at work to snack on...

Alright ladies time for bed...sweet dreams all...Soozie
Old 06-27-2002, 05:25 AM   #83  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Good morning Ladies, you are all so compelling that I couldn't resist sneaking in to peak quick this morning before I leave!

Soozie, have a great time at the beach! I am sooooo jealous, I love the beach, could just walk for hours! Hubby hates the beach so I only ever get 1 long weekend a year. We joke about it, I teill him that as soon as he dies I am selling all his stuff to buy a house on the ocean, he tells me that when I die, he is selling all of my stuff to move to the bush in Canada. (sounds harsh I know, but it is all in fun!)

BYW, if you do get into researching new sweets from Canada ask Mauvis to send you some MacIntosh's Toffee, and MMMMM Nanaimo Bars! They are my favorite! Thank God we can't get them here or I would be the fat lady stuck inbed being featured on Jerry Springer! Oh my mouth is watering just thiking about them!

Ellis, if it eases your mind at all, my Father was not the ideal father figure. Never around much, and very critical when he was. He has changed, & I love & respect him very much! We rae very close now too. It took about 25 years for him to be a real Dad, but better late than never. At times I watch him be so loving & kind to my kids & think it would have been nice if he could have been like that for me. But I am so glad to see him & how he has changed, for if he hadn't I would have written him out of my life, with my mother when I had children! I decided when I was pregnant that I would never let either one of them hurt or disappoint my children they way they did me. The result was I got a wonderful father & haven't seen or spoke to my mother in 7 years. Too bad I couldn't be as strong for myself, I could have saved a lot of years of agony! Anyway, it is never too late to heal & have the relationship that you want!

Well I really have to get moving! Have a good couple of days! Drink your water everyone!
Old 06-27-2002, 07:49 AM   #84  

Good morning ladies!

Well I have have just discovered that I have a problem with carbs.
I thought I wouldn't have a problem cutting them out but so far this week I have had both potatoes and white rice (minute rice to boot ) And I have been craving macaroni salad since the weather is so humid. Arrrg! I have given up counting points and I am just trying to eat sensibly and cut down on the carbs, sugar and caffeine.

Today I start taking the stairs at the office since I really need to work on my legs and butt, which is where my weight sits (no pun intended) I am starting with 2 flights this week then take the elevator the rest of the way ( I work on the 14th floor) and will try to add a flight per week. Wish me luck

I shouldn't be telling you this but the Aero bars are made by Nestle. I don't know if you have that company in the US. but they come in a thick format, a regular, mint flavor and orange flavor and they are delish. Christina is right about the MacIntosh toffee and Nanaimo bars.

Well, must dash to work. Be good to yourselves and drink your water (nag, nag, nag, )

Mauvaisroux
Old 06-27-2002, 01:25 PM   #85  

aaaaaaaaaargh!!! My refridgerator is busted!! It's one of those massive things with the double freezer down the side and everything is defrosting!!!!!!! And we're going to the cottage tonight!
curses!!!
There's a little wire sticking out that's obviously come undone. Do I have to unplug the fridge to fix it myself? I just walked in the door with a friend and discovered my DS wailing because he'd just spilled an entire melted carton of ice cream all over the fridge and kitchen floor. waaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

You know, I was pretty excited about going to the cottage. I'd decided to completely clean the house before leaving so that I'd feel really good when I walked back in the door on Sunday. curses.

ah well... life is still good, right? Except I just picked all of the Rolos out of the melted Rolo ice cream and ate them. They were damned good, and I think I deserved them.

Christina, thank you for your story about you and your dad. It was a good reminder for me. My dad was very similar, and now we're really much closer than we ever were. You're right, I have to put the past behind me and work with today.
You must be a very strong person to have been able to "let things go" and get on with your life... good for you!
I'm like you... I LOVE the ocean. It's sheer heaven. The smell, the sound of the waves, the fog... god it's wonderful...

As is obvious, Mauvais is right up on chocolate of every size and type. Mauvais, your butt is going to be so tight from taking those stairs!!

Soozie... have a wonderful time at the shore!! (shore? what shore? where are you?) Is little DD taking her pail and shovel? Are you wearing a bathing suit? I haven't worn one for ummm, about 10 years.

Ruth, is this weekend your reunion? If so, have a great time sweetie!!

Okay, gotta go and empty the fridge, throw everything in the garbage and pack for the weekend.
talk to all of you when I get back...
have a great weekend everyone!!
xo
Old 06-27-2002, 06:40 PM   #86  

Hi Fab Femmes!

Ellis-poor you! Your refrigerator has gone into meltdown mode

If I had been closer at the time I would have been more than happy to snarf (love this word!) your ice cream before it all wasted
BTW I just noted that they have a dark chocolate Aero bar and a coffee flavored one, Oh-Oh!

Soozie and Ellis, I hope you both have great weekends, it sounds like both of you are headed someplace nice. Sigh... wish I was goin somewhere...Oh well I will be with all my friends this weekend, Canada Day is on Monday and my Birthday is on Tuesday so I guess I'll be having fun too

Hope everyone is having a good day today!

Talk to you later...
Mauvaisroux
Old 06-27-2002, 09:10 PM   #87  

Hi ladies

How are you today? I just got a gret deal on sandals-- 2 pairs for $12! I have gained so much weight that I hate shopping for clothes anymore, but I still gotta have my shoes!

I, too, am getting out of here for the weekend. I still have those 7 papers looming over me, but I have to get out! It's supposed to be beautiful, so I hope that I'll get to do all the fun stuff-canoeing, hiking, swimming!!!

Ellis: Thank you so much for *your* sweet words. You make me feel warm inside, and I can't tell you how much that means to me. You're incredible! I hope you're feeling happier, and damn your fridge for stressing you out! I'm sending warm hugs your way

Soozie: Glad that the mental health provider comment didn't get to you! Those of us that have our heads on straight need to stick together! What area of social work do you practice? BIG CONGRATS on your workout goals! You rock! Have a great trip!

Christina: I'm glad to hear that you and your dad are closer. In the end, it's better that way. Even though it was rough when you were younger, it's easier to let go of it when you have made some kind of ammends. Good for you for taking that step to protect your childrens' feelings. It must be fantastic to see them connecting with their grandfather. As for your mom--she's just not ready to come around. There will come a day when you both find your peace with each other, but until then, don't let it bother you. You are a great mom, and it's obvious that you're trying to follow your own path instead of hers.

Mauvaisroux: Good luck with your stair plan! That's a great, great idea to work up to a new flight every week or so. You should be proud of yourself because your kicking butt!

Everyone else: Have a great weekend, and I hope you're all fantastic

I probably won't post until Sunday night because of my vacation, so I'll talk to you all then!

Kat
Old 06-27-2002, 09:15 PM   #88  

Talking

you all are, without a doubt, the most wonderful, caring, supportive group of women i've ever known. your words helped so much... thank you for letting me just get that all out. i did, and know what? i feel better. i should have tried that years ago...

Ellis - my god.... *hugs* i didn't really read the back posts... what a time you're going through, yet you took the time to be so encouraging for me. you're such a strong woman. please never forget that, even when it would be easy to.

just a quick drive by, really.... keeping my promise to all of us that i would check in. hello to my old friends, as well as my new. more tomorrow, including the posibility of witty commentary. love to you all.

S.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:18 PM   #89  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!!!

Shel-Sorry to hear things have been so rough. I'm glad you came here to tell us about it though. Sometimes reaching out is the hardest when you are feeling bad, but that is when you need the support the most, and it is GOOD to ask for what you need!! I second what everyone else here has been saying. There is no timetable for life, and Almost everyone I know has ended up in a different place than they originally planned to be. And that "perfect" sister is going to have her own issues to deal with. like Ellis I went in for treatment for depression in my 30's, and I'm on meds too (probably mentioned that before.) At one point Hubby's Aunt said to me, "I like myself, I just hate my life." I replied, "That's funny, I like my life but i hate myself." My husband is my best friend, I love my kids, but I felt like something was fundamentally missing inside me. So you really have to have that basic self acceptance before you can even appreciate those good things in your life. I didn't figure out "what I wanted to be when I grew up" until I turned forty, and I really fell into it almost by mistake. I felt like some kind of fake who was going to be discovered as a fraud any second. I felt like an insecure child, even in my thirties. With medication and therapy I have been chipping away at all of that, but it wasn't until my forties (just turned 44) that I really started to feel good about myself. We are still struggling financially, mostly because of career choices we have made, but we are the happiest we have been in a long time. So, NO, you shouldn't have everything settled by now!! And think about it, even though it would be nice not to struggle all the time, wouldn't it be BORING to be totally SETTLED? Part of the adventure is learning new things, and keeping things moving forward. Give yourself crdeit for what you HAVE done too!! You got through a depression in college, you dumped an abusive *******, you make soap, and write. You are a gaming fiend and a reader and a good friend. This is just a partial list too!!! Also ( sorry for the cliches) as they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You are a work in progress and you are beautiful!!!

Kat-Hope you have a great time on your vacation!! I think you were right to leave that position too (one of the things lost in my post a few days ago!!) People will take advantage of yousometimes, and it is better for you to walk away. My therapist once said that some places are so toxic that they can't be fixed. You have to just extricate yourself. To which I say, "YES!!!"

Mauvairoux-How old will you be on Tuesday? Good deal on those sandals!!! I like shoes too, but I mostly wear Birkenstocks or running shoes these days!! I used to sell shoes, and I'd buy them with my discount after they had been marked way down. I had to get rid of them after having kids. My feet got bigger and wider. AT least it is easier to find 'em to fit now. (Used to wear size 5, kinda. Now I'm a 6.) Your plan with the stairs sounds great!! I had been walking almost every day, but since the humidity went up I haven't done ANYTHING. I need to get at it too!!

Ellis-BUMMER about the refrigerator!!! I HATE that. Something like that always has to happen when you are stressed out or on your way out the door too, doesn't it? Hope you have a wonderful time at the cottage!!You
deserve a rest!!!

Soozie-Hope you have a good time on your vacation too!! I bet your daughter will love going to the beach. My Mom and I took the kids to Grand Bend when they were little, and they had a blast!!! I'm like Ellis though, too chicken to wear a suit myself!!!

Christina-Congratulations on getting rid of the fat clothes. I did the opposite a few years back. Got sick of those size 3's from college staring back at me, and realized that if I ever got that small again I would want new clothes anyway!! No more self-torture!!

I have been eating non-stop, and feeling stressed. I'm trying to work more, since I have orders to get out, and everything else is going nuts here. Waiting for returned phone calls, so I'm afraid to go on-line until late, and then I screw up on the computer and delete the message. Did it on an e-mail yesterday. Spent 40 minutes writing it, forgot to save it (OKAY, I was drinking a Margarita!!) hit send, and was taken to the sign in for our e-mail. AARRGGHH!!!! No message left at all. I will save this just before I submit it though!!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 10:50 PM   #90  

Default Have a great weekend

Can't write much so I'll just address everyone!!! Lots to do before the weekend. Tho' no broken fridge to complain about. We have Nestle in the states in fact, I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember this, (I'm 41) but, Nestle was an American company that was making baby formula in addition to chocolate. They had some formula that wasn't good enough by US standards and when they couldn't sell it here they were selling it to poor women in 3rd world countries telling them it was better for their babies than their own breast milk..Anyway there was a big Nestle boycott for many years....but, heck, its chocolate.....so forget political correctness

So yeah, we have Nestle but not Aero.

I don't think that I'll don a bathing suit this weekend. Just don't feel like stuffing into one. If I do I'll cover up with a large t-shirt and never take it off.
I adore the ocean and the beach and the smell of the salt air...yum...its so devine and relaxing. We are going to Seaside. My partner's cousin has a place there. The cousin is also my DD's godmother. They just adore each other those two.

Look I said I didn't have much time to write and here I am not getting ready for the weekend and babbling on and on....
Tigger, I do clinical social work, I'm in a private group practice, do alot of family work, individuals, I have Gestalt training, see alot of folks with eating disorders , depression,etc. Really enjoy my clients.

talk to you Monday or Sunday night you awesome women!!!!!!!!!
Soozie

Last edited by soozie; 07-03-2002 at 11:12 PM.
Closed Thread