3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

May Alternachicks - come out, come out wherever you are!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #16

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey chicas! i also hope to become more of a regular feature this month--been really busy incorporating 2 hour physio routine into daily schedule.
anywayyyys- here's hopin i kin reconnect with old buddies and get to know the rest of ya'll!
which probably means getting into personals....i will try that soon
till then
toodle pip and blessed be
janet

MINI GOAL 104 KILOS (229 lbs) reward new (used) bike
MAJOR GOAL 99 KILOS (218 lbs)
Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 AM   #17
fat chick FKA Velveteen

S/C/G: 210.5/171/G 154

Height: 5'5½

Happy Saturday! Have had no real time to catch up this week. Went to WW and lost 100gr... but since I'm tracking everything this was no surprise to me at all... I simply had too many points last week to really make a change, despite the exercise. This week WILL be different though... on my home scale I'm already down 1KG since Tuesday morning. However the only real number that counts is the one on the WW scale at this point in time.

lots of exercise though, I feel good about that, and I made it through Week 1 of C25K. Now to get off my arse and go get some proper running shoes!

run - laugh - eat pie||Twitter
Old 05-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #18
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

haven't been doing so good. going to try a sort of cleansing, mostly vegetarian week to jump start me back on track and hopefully make me feel a little better. i have everything all planned out- hopefully i'll make it through.
i only have one day off this week, but my schedule is changing to something i like a bit better.
here's to change.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:24 AM   #19

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Wanted:

If anyone has seen the sun, please send it over my way.

BP

"There is no great genius without a tincture of madness." - Seneca
Old 05-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #20
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Jumping in a little late - I'd been watching the new posts but missed this. I am rolling laughing at BP's description of her DH's lack of handyman skills. Glad the incident didn't end in bloodshed!

So, goals - well last month I took control of my diet - this month adding in the exercise. Doing the exercise room three times a week. Thought that was going to be my challenge for the month (you know, let it become a habit) but I think I need to go ahead and get part three in now - stress relief! So alarm clock is set to start getting up an hour early to start getting in some pranic breathing and meditation. I'm exhausted just thinking about it

Old 05-12-2009, 04:25 AM   #21
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

day one of cleanse complete and feeling good- i worked out for 30 minutes too. first time in a long time that i didn't have any real stomach problems - we'll see if this lasts. i might never go back to meat again.
lets see if i can make it through day two!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #22
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

Yeaa! I'm here!

I want to start with that handy man story had me rolling! So Funny!

Now for the month of May... Wow... Umm...

Ok the first week of the month was really bad for me, really really bad...

but week two has started off great! Got to the gym yesterday - had a great work out.

My May goals...

get to the gym 3 times a week each week!
do my strength training at home at least 4 times a week
water water water water water
lose 5lbs!

I think i can do it! I Know I can do it! I will do it!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #23
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

lizzie - how is the cleanse going? what does it involve (or did I miss that further up the thread?)

tayja - woot woot - I'm with you on the gym three times a week (although mine is an "exercise room" at our apt complex).

But I guess it will do. EXCEPT YESTERDAY - eegads the idiocracy team was in there. Two kids with bandannas on their head that thought they were billybadda**es. Had insiped music playing too loud to think and these juniors had no idea what they were doing. BANGING WEIGHTS and heaving them around with absolutely no FORM or FINESSE. I haven't been lifting weights that long now, but even this frumpy chick knows they aren't going to be building muscle that way. And seeing as they were thin and flabbly I suspect the majority of their workout for the day was going to lift some beers. I'm being mean because it was awful. I did 15 minutes on the treadmill then had to wait outside half an hour till they finally left so I could go do my workout. BLECH!!!

I wonder if when I'm buff and tattoo'd - and if I could speak spanish if I would have had the gumption to say "hey, come on - you want to impress the chicks, let me show you how to do it". Hmmm?

But then part of my weight loss is about changing the inner too - learning to find my voice. Interesting to see "who" I become.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #24
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Smile **appears**

Hey guys,

Just diving in head-first to these threads. I have nothing to do this evening, so I'll be on the computer awhile.

My goals in May are as follows:

To start up with the exercise again! I have been doing yoga at a place near my apartment, only to find that I didn't have enough money to keep going on a regular basis. Well, now that the fundage has returned, I suppose I will too.

To look for some other ways to lose weight that are enjoyable and not too monotonous. I like the idea of belly dancing as previously mentioned in this thread, but classes are hard to come by in TN. Any other suggestions (preferably not too expensive) would be great!

To start doing a vegetarian diet again. I did it for more for activist reasons the first go-around, and discovered to my delight that I was losing weight. However, I fell off the wagon and I'd like to get back on it.

So, those are my goals for the time-being.

Michelle
Old 05-14-2009, 03:29 AM   #25
diosa

S/C/G: 215.6/ticker/140 for now

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome, Miss Shelly!

I need to stop bingeing. I'll go weeks OP and lose weight, but just a few days of bingeing, and I gain the weight right back. Blargh. I am officially back in the 200s again. Uggg,

Old 05-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #26
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies! I can't believe it's half way through May practically. It's time to get my butt back into gear. Been OP for two days now. I was off the wagon for almost a month.

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle choice!
Sexy By Halloween Challenge 2012

The journey continues...
Mini goal #1: 238 | Mini Goal #2: 215 | Mini Goal #3: 199
Mini Goal #4: 180 | Mini Goal #5: 169 | Final Goal #6: 150

[/font]
Old 05-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #27
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing!

Water is going good!
Gym this week is going good
Strenth Training is also going fairly well

And if my scale is right I am completely floored with a moderate size loss!! (not counting it just yet, will keep an eye on it for a couple of days)

Last edited by Tayja : 05-14-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #28
Make thisbe for something

S/C/G: 254/228/160

Height: 5'8"

How awesome is this??? I never knew this support group existed!!

My goal this month is to stick with exercising at least five days a week, 30 mins per day. I'm so awful at it! I'd rather be sitting home reading and listening to music. Why can't exercising your mind burn calories??

"Get up, get out, make this be for something. Or else it's all just nothing." The Rocket Summer

Old 05-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #29
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Hey chicas, it's been a long while and I'm going to have to spend a while catching up with everyone's posts I've had a turbulent few months... I moved back in with the bf at the end of march and we moved into a new place in early april, the day after we moved we went on holiday for a week, came back to lots of unapcking, my bf is writing his uni dissertation which is due in on the 18th and I had my tonsils removed on the 7th, so am currently off work with not much to do (except all the housework, bleh) and throughout all this time I've had no internet, no scales, held no routine whatsoever and am actually really surprised that I didn't put on more than I did! Phew... I now have the net and have at least one more week off work in which I'm going to finish the curtains I've started for the new flat, finish the unpacking properly and get myself into a proper food routine.

That is my goal for may... to get into a proper eating routine, with breakfast, lunch, dinner and healthy snacks in between. It's really difficult for me to do that at the moment as I find myself eating only so I don't ruin my stomach with painkillers, but the pain is starting to subside and I'm managing to get a bit of breakfast in

I'm in the process of making myself a few goals and sorting out some rewards for meeting them etc. and I'm not only really looking forward to the summer but also to Gay Pride, which is a really big deal where I live, but even though I've spent 3 summers here, I've never been able to go to the saturday parade etc. due to work or holidays, so that's my main summer goal. The theme is Pride by the Seaside so I guess what I wear will mostly depend on how much I weigh which will also be aided by the gym membership I'm going to be able to buy what with my pay rise As soon as I'm well enough, I'm getting on down there to sign my flab away, and what a joyous occasion it will be

Anyhoo, that's enough from me, I hope all you girlies are doing well today!

Well Done on keeping OP Tayja and good luck with your official weigh in
To WormwoodDoll, great work with staying on plan, just keep it up and you'll fall back into your healthy routine without a sweat
Robot, hang in there! We all have crappy days, weeks, months, **** I've had pretty crappy years! Just take a breath, remember why you're losing weight and trying to stay healthy, remember your goals and why they are there... they are only for you, so you can be a stronger, healthier person. Next time you feel the binge coming on, ask yourself why... work out what's causing the need to binge and sort it out a healthier way, come on here and vent to us and remind youself of all the hard work you'll undo by eating that chocolate or those chips or that pizza etc. You can do it

One for Every 7lbs Lost:

Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #30
diosa

S/C/G: 215.6/ticker/140 for now

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks, Maria. And welcome back!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.