3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   LGBT Chicks!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/170221-lgbt-chicks.html)

ICUwishing 11-24-2009 10:46 AM

IWantToLive - your avatar totally cracks me up ... I want it on a t-shirt!

I describe myself as "serially monogamous." If I weren't married (at the moment), I'd probably need to say bi if I were to be honest about it.

Katarina 11-27-2009 10:42 AM

Yep, there are some of us here. :) I'm bi, I'm married to a man, he is well aware of my sexuality, we have a relationship with some openness and lots of communication, and it is all good. :-D

~Kat

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizziep (Post 2716287)
also bi. but i'm married. to a man. so does it still count? :D

Of course it counts!! When you are single and not having any contact with either gender, does that make you asexual? No. So, even if you aren't with the same sex, that doesn't change your sexuality. :)

alhiser 01-06-2010 02:40 PM

bi here- happily married and monogamous to a bi man. ♥

Aiela 01-11-2010 06:50 AM

Hey there. :) Bi, married and polyamorous with a wonderful girlfriend (and boyfriend, her husband.)

Jaimie 01-15-2010 06:01 PM

I'm bisexual, but I prefer women over men.

KicknKnit 01-20-2010 03:16 PM

Hi! :)

fiveminutes 01-21-2010 11:52 AM

lesbian/gay/whatever here. lesbian doesn't roll off the tongue as well as gay does. plus gay is only one syllable, must be why :)

Leontina 01-23-2010 01:45 PM

I'm anthro/pan-sexual ^_^ And currently single
Glad to see this thread :)

megwini 01-23-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leontina (Post 3112168)
I'm anthro/pan-sexual ^_^ And currently single
Glad to see this thread :)

Pardon my ignorance... I know what pansexual is, but is anthrosexual the same thing? Whenever I hear anthro, all I can think about is anthropology! :lol:

fiveminutes 01-23-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megwini (Post 3112289)
Pardon my ignorance... I know what pansexual is, but is anthrosexual the same thing? Whenever I hear anthro, all I can think about is anthropology! :lol:

anthropansexual is the same thing as pansexual

Leontina 01-24-2010 10:29 AM

Yeah, they pretty much are the same thing. Except anthro = human, pan = all. Anthrosexual seems a better word but pansexual rolls off the tongue easier :P

Sskar 01-24-2010 06:49 PM

There is a posting on general chatter forum today asking how long you were with your "DH" before you got married. Have to admit I'm almost offended. My partner of 20 years and I can't get married in the U.S (and have it recognized in our state). I would like to join in the conversation but am obviously excluded by the hetero nature of the thread. Can't decide if I want to invade it or just ignore it. I'm getting tired of being excluded...

BerkshireGrl 01-24-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sskar (Post 3114031)
There is a posting on general chatter forum today asking how long you were with your "DH" before you got married... I would like to join in the conversation but am obviously excluded by the hetero nature of the thread.

I would just comment in it with my DP or DG - or you could say DW and explain why that's not unfortunately not yet the case. I say go for it!

ETA: But it looks like the thread says, in a gender-neutral way, "For those that are married... How long were you together before you got married?" If you mean the one here, that is.

Just because the majority of the responders are hetero, I wouldn't let that hold you back.

jlady 01-26-2010 11:56 AM

due to the nature of the site and the support we all give each other - i say go for it. *we* are everywhere. encountering a LGBT person is a norm for most people in the US at one time or another. this is not to say all will like it. point being, i believe if someone replies with a snarky remark, there are plenty of folks who have your back. do it do it!

BerkshireGrl 01-26-2010 12:21 PM

Good for you for posting, Sskar! :D I hope to see in my lifetime that the US states that banned gay marriage roll back their bigotry.