Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

bi and poly, married to a man - he's cool with it
Old 09-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #47  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm bi and poly as well! I thought I was going to be all alone...

Last edited by Skullarix; 09-12-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 188/171/135

Height: 5'7

I'm a gay chick
Old 09-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #49  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up Woohoo!

I just want to say I'm glad you all are here
Old 10-02-2009, 02:22 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Okay, so random question for all you LGBT chicks... I'm no longer overweight and look more... normal, I guess? I've always been overweight and didn't have all that much self-confidence, so I NEVER got hit on, not once in my life (or at least, not overtly enough for me to notice!) But now that I'm at a normal BMI and thinner and more confident, I've noticed there's this one guy that is acting like he likes me. I'm not sure, but I just get that feeling.
Now, I'm a lesbian. But since I never had anyone showing interest in me before then, I never had to worry about these kinds of things, so I'm not at all prepared with how to deal with these kinds of situations. He's a really nice guy and fun to talk to, and you know, I can even fall for guys emotionally! It seems like I could do that with him, even. But I'm just not physically attracted to them, you know? A relationship wouldn't last long without any kind of physical chemistry, obviously! But since I CAN get emotionally attached to either gender, now I feel like I don't want to hurt him, but I don't want to lead him on, either.
So how do you chickies deal with guys showing interest in you? Especially really sweet guys. >_< I just don't want to hurt him, but I'm just not attracted to guys, you know?
Ugh.
</rant>
Old 10-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 188/171/135

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by megwini View Post
Okay, so random question for all you LGBT chicks... I'm no longer overweight and look more... normal, I guess? I've always been overweight and didn't have all that much self-confidence, so I NEVER got hit on, not once in my life (or at least, not overtly enough for me to notice!) But now that I'm at a normal BMI and thinner and more confident, I've noticed there's this one guy that is acting like he likes me. I'm not sure, but I just get that feeling.
Now, I'm a lesbian. But since I never had anyone showing interest in me before then, I never had to worry about these kinds of things, so I'm not at all prepared with how to deal with these kinds of situations. He's a really nice guy and fun to talk to, and you know, I can even fall for guys emotionally! It seems like I could do that with him, even. But I'm just not physically attracted to them, you know? A relationship wouldn't last long without any kind of physical chemistry, obviously! But since I CAN get emotionally attached to either gender, now I feel like I don't want to hurt him, but I don't want to lead him on, either.
So how do you chickies deal with guys showing interest in you? Especially really sweet guys. >_< I just don't want to hurt him, but I'm just not attracted to guys, you know?
Ugh.
</rant>

Hmmm, welll maybe you should point out that you like women. It would be hard for him to take that personally since it is no error or shortcoming on his part. I've had that problem before and i know how icky it can be. If you aren't out, maybe just tell him that you aren't really interested in a relationship. Before I was out, I just kind of ignored the issue or told them I wasn't ready for it . Felt guilty but hey, what can ya do. Good luck, though.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #52  

I would just be honest with him. Include the fact that you can be emotionally attracted to him, just not physically. If you guys can have an open honest discussion about it then you can see where it goes from there.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #53  
Yeah.....

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'1''

Another lezbo here!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #54  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I'm attracted to people, not a specifici gender. I guess you would call that bi. I've had girlfiends and boyfriends.

Right now I have a boyfriend of over two years
Old 10-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #55  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieMuirhead View Post
I'm attracted to people, not a specifici gender.
I hate it when people say this; it suggests that those of us who are hard-wired for one gender or another are somehow superficial or narrow-minded or not "attracted to people". I'm not saying you personally feel that way, Stephanie; but I am asking that you be aware of the implications of your language when you refer to yourself this way.

Sexually, I like women. Not *all* women, obviously - who the woman is as a person matters just as much to me as to you. But the fact remains that only women get me going. Even if a man is the most wonderful human being in the world, I'm just not going to be sexually attracted to him. I know this all too well, from painful personal experience. All the love in the world is not enough to change my hard-wired sexual orientation.

This doesn't make me shallow, and it doesn't mean I'm just attracted by gender and not by what's inside the person. It just makes me a lesbian.

I guess that's my introduction to this forum. Hi, folks.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #56  

Carter, I feel the same way, and I'm bi. My hubby ran across someone who had said that recently and his reaction was "and what, I'm attracted to mongeese?" No offense Stephanie, I'm sure you did not mean it that way.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I'm bi, married to a man. I'm glad to see there are others sometimes I feel like I'm the only women in the world that is happy with her man, but still finds women attractive. Most everyone I know in real life just doesn't understand. In fact I have a friend that it makes her so uncomfortable if I even mention that I think a women is pretty, so I don't. It's kinda sad when I type it out.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #58  
Gone Primal.

S/C/G: 352/248.8/185

Height: 5'7.5"

Cool Dyke, single mom by choice

Glad to see this thread. I agree with poster who said, "lesbian just doesn't roll off the tongue." lol

I wore only men's clothes for 10 years. Then, 4 months pregnant, I walked into the Big & Tall Casual Male and had a major culture shock when I realized that they had no maternity clothing. I may never live that moment down with friends who were with me for the shopping trip. lol

Daughter is 4 yo now. Finally found the resources I need to heal my body and obtain the health I so richly deserve. Making progress toward my goals, planning to return to college to become a doctor next Fall. In the mean time, I'm ready to start dating again. Have actually gone out a few times but have run into folk that I couldn't keep up with and those that found my daughter and I more active than they were comfortable with dating.

Has anyone had this problem while losing a lot of weight, that dating got more complicated temporarily?
Old 11-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #59  

Hi all! I am engaged to a wonderful woman! Not legal in Wisconsin YET...but I am sure that someday it will be!

If there is anyone from Wisconsin (or midwest) looking for support this winter, let me know!

GLAD to see this post here
Old 11-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #60  
Gone Primal.

S/C/G: 352/248.8/185

Height: 5'7.5"

Sorry, I'm in the PNW, near Seattle. Welcome to 3FC, Alternachicks & LGBT Chicks. I only recently joined but folks seem friendly and helpful.
Closed Thread