my tattoos are acting funny

• I figured if anyone would have experience with this it would be the Alternachicks

Ever since I have stepped up my workouts and been sweating a lot more, parts of my tattoos have been getting slightly raised and itchy. Has this happened to any of you on here? I thought maybe it's from my shirt rubbing against them while I run, or all the sweating?
  • [B]How long have you had them?Are they faiirly old or new?sometimes my foot tats itch a bit but I put it down to increased body temp/B]
  • Mine actually do the same thing but not while i work out, it happens when i get cold, they turn into almost like a goosebump?
  • It is a normal reaction with tattoos. My physician says it is histamines.
    Mine happen during allergy season as well.
  • good to know! mine were doing this as well... the raised not the itchy. guess i won't sweat it...
  • thanks all! they are about 3 years old.
  • ooh that happens to me too, just thought it was my tattoo being kinda crappy. mine is almost always raised like that, sometimes it itches usually if i get sweaty. good to know.

now go get more.
  • yeah, this should get better shortly. It happens to me too.
  • Haha, I can't wait to get more. Once I am done breastfeeding I have some planned.
  • Oh I'm glad to know this happens to other people! All of mine do this, from the decade-old ones to the one from last month. Always have. It sometimes means I'm coming down with a cold.
  • that happens to me too. no worries!
  • i always thought it was because of the sweat and the friction. i never heard about the histamines, that's really interesting.
  • SOme of mine do that as well. I have been told its normal If I wear a watch the ones on my wrists get really bad so I think its an allergy thing as well as a sweat/heat thing.