Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 02:59 AM   #61  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

I bet you're so relieved those papers are finally finished, ollie. I live in the south, and well, food here sometimes sucks. Too many cheese dishes. Also, I never heard of fat back until I started hanging around people from the "sticks." Apparently corn bread isn't vegetarian sometimes.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #62  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

what part of the south, robot? man, i miss it and can't wait to move back. the food may be fried and greasy, but the people are friendlier.

finally got some exercise in! ive been shoveling snow for three days now. being from alabama. this is my first real snow. it's friggin crazy. what's so amazing is that life goes on. seriously, if snow like this were to happen in alabama, the state would just shut down. all of it. built my first snowman last night. twas awesome. best thing is your beer doesn't get warm while you're working.

so, i'm hitting the road in the morning. i do love a good road trip. david sedaris and harry potter on audio and snacks are packed. and i'll get to see the fam and spend time with the hubs, who i don't feel like i see anymore. good times.

i won't be around a computer, which will be a nice holiday in itself, so by the time i come back home it'll be 2009 already. hope everyone has a kick arse holiday and new year.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #63  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Ollie - Have a fun time. I live in North Carolina. It's so weird; I've been living here for a long long time, yet I still feel like an outsider. Oh well, it's a blue state now...OK no more political talk.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #64  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

robot - yeah, alabama is one of the reddest of the red and churchiest of the church states. me being an atheist and politically left of dennis kucinich, i never really fit in, but there's just something about home, you know. and what i have found out is that everything is a trade off. this state may be more blue, but it's lacking that southern hospitality. i eamn in the south, everyone knows and talks to everybody. i miss that. and sweet tea. and i like accents in the south better. and i'd much rather of really hot summers than shovel all this snow.

but thanks for the well wishes. we're leaving bright and early. and you and i have some work to do when i return.

peace. o
Old 12-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #65  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hopy you all had a great holiday!

I just got back from visiting DH's family and had a great time. We are going out tomorrow to spend some of the gift money we got. Although I am planning to save some to go get a pedicure and and a haircut in January.

Have a safe trip Ollie!
Closed Thread