Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #1  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Default alternative slacker exercise thread

yo dudes. so i've been slacking on the exercise thang and if i am to make any sort of change, well, it's gotta involve some movement this i know. and i'm gonna face it: i need some accountability. so i'm posting this thread for the week for me or anyone else who wants to join; but even if it's just me that's cool cause something's gotta give. my problem is not so much energy, but time management. so here's my deal. i work out at least 30 minutes a day this week monday through friday. and now that i've announced it to you all that means i gotta, right? right. feel free to join me or at the least check back in and scrutinize.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208.5/204/170

Height: 5'7"

i'll join....my challenge is staying consistent, maybe this is just what I need. Thanks for starting this thread!
My Goals for the week

M: 30 minutes on the elliptical
T: upper body weights
W: 30 minutes on elliptical
Th: lower body
F: 30 minutes elliptical
Sat: upper body weights
Sun: be active - bike ride- hike- play with kids

Last edited by unload2; 09-29-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6.5

I need more support too!

Today I had planned on walking during both of my breaks (but it's raining out and breat time right now....) which would be 40 mintues of break.

Then tonight I am doing the Barry Bootcamp lower body DVD.

Since it doesn't look like I'm going to be walking, I am also going to get on the treadmil tonight. 60 seconds of jogging/90seconds of walking for a total of 20 mintues.
Come on slackers! We can do it!

Ollie - What is your 30 mintues of exercise that you are going to do today?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #4  
change

groovy. we got ourselves a lill alternative slacker support group! you two have my permission to use any four letter words necessary to help get me off me arse! today is day one of icks nay on the ackerslay...or something. and yep, i hear ya on the 'staying consistent' front, unload

I have Tanja Djelevic's Total Body Cardio dvd with a 30 minute express workout. It's pretty hardcore. I'm outta class and suiting up for it now. If I have time later tonight I also have a 20 min Power Yoga Dvd I can bust out, but just getting this 30 minutes in is amounting to something...which is better than nothing.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Just coming in here to give a little kick*** motivation:

Get on the move!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #6  

Ollie - YOU WILL have time for the 20 min Power Yoga too. I better see a posting that said you did both!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #7  
change

thanks for the motivation, Faerie

and Jamie, I looked at your post right before I began my exercise and was inspired by the all caps "YOU WILL" to forgo my 30 min express workout and opted for a 45 minute dvd.

monday: check.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I'm in!

30 minute walk at lunch today! Not much but it is a start!

Go slacker girls!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #9  

Ollie! Sweet!!! Great job!

I did the 25 min week one-day one deal to get up to a 5K in 8 weeks (or something like that.) Went pretty well. And I did the upper body Barry Bootcamp (about 25 min) so I'm a "check" today too!

How about the rest of you???
Old 09-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh man I need to join this thread....It's been a couple MONTHS (eeeek!) since I've actually exercised. I've basically plateaued because I got lazy with my workouts and lazy with my eating over the summer. Now I'm back into all my old habits! I cheated and weighed myself today, just to see how it was going and I managed to gain 5 pounds in a week

My plan for the rest of the week is to drink LOTS of water (hoping most of it is water weight since I haven't been drinking my 8 glasses a day) and get back to the gym. Don't think I'll go tonight, since I have work to do around the house, but our downstairs neighbors have been moved out for a month and I have NOT taken advantage of my Dance Dance Revolution game--I think it's time.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #11  
change

groovy job to all the slackers! negative on the 20 minute yoga dvd, but the dishes and some laundry was a sufficient replacement. all in all day one of the deslackerization a success!

jamiejo is that couch to 5k? did you like it? i've been kinda eying b/c of the catchy title but know nothing about it.

meowkat - i can relate. it's been a little over a month since i exercised.

tomorrow. same time, same place?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Well, I didn't bring my exercise clothes to work... BUT! I didn't let that hold me back entirely.

While I didn't want to sweat up a storm in my jeans, I knew that I had to move somehow. I ended up taking a few 15 minute walks as breaks throughout the day. (I worked until 8:00 PM tonight ) And my total = 75 minutes of walking!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #13  

Hey fellow slackers!

Ollie - Yes - It's the Couch to 5K thing that I found on here. I DO NOT like running but realize it is the best cardio so I figured I would give it a go. What's nice about "this program" is that if you found the week you are in to be too difficult to move on to the next week, you can redo that week...and I like that feeling I guess.

Week one is a 5 min brisk walk for warmup and then 20 more min of 60 jog/60walk. And you do this three times in week one. I did it last night and found it easy so I'm going to keep up with it!

Any other slackers want to try it too and see how we do?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:45 AM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

I began with the C25K program, too! I like the alternating jogging/walking, though, as it works as HIIT and keeps my body guessing.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #15  
change

morning!

couch to 5k? Hmmmm....that would involve me heading somewhere that's walker/runner friendly (which is not my immediate surroundings) and right now my prob is time management, so i'm gonna stick with rotating these few workout dvds i have to get me back into some kind of routine and perhaps work my way up to finding time to walk/run outside in my schedule?

i do have a walk away the pounds dvd, which is the same alternating process, so i'll be with ya in spirit, jamiejo.

i'm outta class today for rosh hashana so i have a wee bit of extra time to catch up on my reading and work.

my goal today is to get off me slackin arse and do the 4 fast miles dvd, which is 4 miles in 50 minutes.
Closed Thread