Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #166  
Inkdiva

S/C/G: 235/235/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighog View Post
LMAO! It's not a self-esteem thing! It's a nod to where I live...University of Arkansas Razorbacks. Woo Pig Souie!
Ah...I see, said the blind man,or in this case, woman.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #167  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks for the posts indiva. I got my first one at the ripe old age of 43! I have thought about getting one off and on for years but never found the right design for me or felt the time was right. I spent my 42nd birthday anxiously waiting for test results and worrying that I might be told I was not going to see my 43rd birthday. Was diagnosed with breast cancer about 1 month later. I finished my chemo and radiation treatments in April 2010 and just happened to find a design at a friend's shop that I fell in love with a few weeks before my birthday.

I guess I got my tattoo to celebrate the end of my treatments and a new beginning- it was a birthday gift to myself.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-20-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #168  
Inkdiva

S/C/G: 235/235/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux View Post
I guess I got my tattoo to celebrate the end of my treatments and a new beginning- it was a birthday gift to myself.
Wow, that is quite a journey already. Congrats on your tat. I know that some of the best tattoos are those that mark a significant time in a person's life. Instead of following trends, I believe that people should only get a tattoo when they are ready and a design "speaks" to them. I'm so glad that you and your design found one another.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #169  

Thanks inkdiva!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

when I lose all my weight I want a few tattoos
Lower back: a halloween fairy with pumpkins on either side with my childrens names in them

Top right shoulder: a bird to represent my grandparents (my nan passed in 2005)

I want my tattoo on my leg covered with I am not sure what
and I want something on my wrist and possilbly my foot

Last edited by irishfairy; 08-13-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:22 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

As one of my rewards for losing the weight, I plan to get a large piece on my lower back that are inspired for the tarot cards "The Hanged Man" and "The World." It would describe my mindset during this journey.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 235/167/160

Height: 5'6

I am so glad I found this forum... I am new here but I love love love my tattoos! I have a portrait of my dad on my right upper arm he passed away in 2001 so it is my way of honoring him. I have one on my lower back, one in between my shoulder blades of my sign with my husbands sign around it. My first on my ankle of a sun, and 3 flowers across the top of my foot for my 3 kids. The one on my arm is a work in progress and will eventually be a half sleeve! I agree anyone that wants one should get one and you don't have to wait until your thinner. They are a piece of me and they show what is important in my life and who I am. There are a lot of things about myself that I am embarassed about when it comes to my body but my tattoos are not one of them. I proudly show them off even purchasing clothes that will allow me to easily showcase the art on my body! So glad to find a place where there is support and a good group of people I can relate too!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #173  
False? Never. TROO!

S/C/G: 262/219/130

I hope these work. These are two of my favorite tattoos, but I have a bunch more that I also think are pretty neat. I have lots more work planned-- the next being a full left sleeve/hand piece in september and october.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #174  

squidcandy - wow! Nice work!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

1bighog

I have 2 kids at the U of A, so I wondered if that was what your name was referencing. Go Hogs! Even though we lost today
Old 09-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #176  
False? Never. TROO!

mauvaisroux Thanks! I can't wait to get more. I just booked an appointment for October 21st to start on my left sleeve. I booked the whole day to myself as a reward for losing 10% of my body weight!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #177  

Nice! What design are you getting done?
Old 09-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #178  
False? Never. TROO!

Two skulls on the inside of my arm holding a banner that says 'never look back' wrapped around an old school straight razor, with flames and roses, then an hourglass on the the opposite side with a vulture skull on the top, with melting candles on the skull... the rim of the hourglass is going to say 'fear is the weapon'... various other bits and pieces to tie it all together. I'm going to make it into a full sleeve when I get to my goal and maintain /let my skin tighten up a little.

I think the only thing that would stop me from more tattoos is a lack of canvas!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #179  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I have a little ink. I wouldn't mind more. The 2 things that I want are an angel on my shoulder (get it? angel on my shoulder, haha) and a phoenix rising on my back. They are both symbolic, particularly the phoenix rising.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #180  

Height: 5'10''

I have quite a few tattoos....my favorite one is the humming bird and flower on my foot.

I got the humming bird for my Grandpa after he passed away. During the spring and summer, he would make me homemade ice cream and we would sit on his back porch and eat it and watch the humming birds fly around the house. He loved humming birds....he had feeders up everywhere.

One of my most favorite childhood memories.

The flower is for my Grandma. I decided that I wasn't going to wait until she passed away to get it.

She is really not into tattoos....but it made her smile when I showed her the flower I got for her. That is the only tattoo of mine I think she approves of. lol

I have 2 stars on my right wrist for my kiddos.

My yellow rose of Texas on my left wrist.

My sister's dolphin on my lower back.

And me, my mom, and my sister all got butterfly tattoos together. That one is in the middle of my back....up by my neck.

I'm getting a few more....and I can't freaking wait. I'm getting a 4 leaf clover (I think) for my Daddy....cause I'm lucky to have him.

And my husband plays the guitar. His favorite song is Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of "Little Wing" so I'm going to get the sheet music to that and have it tattooed....somewhere.
Closed Thread