3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Favorite Tattoos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/149614-favorite-tattoos.html)

mayness 04-16-2009 03:46 PM

I thought I had planned this before last August, when I first replied to this thread... oh well...

I really really REALLY want a DNA tattoo. I'm not sure where, or how big, or how detailed, or whether to use sequence from a real gene that means something to me... but I want it. I thought about making that my reward when I get my PhD, but I don't really want to wait 4 or 5 more years. I'm thinking I'll get it after I pass my qualifying exam... which will be about a year and a half from now.

I also thought about getting Tippi from Super Paper Mario... but I already have one butterfly... and no one would know what it was, but I can't decide whether that matters to me or not.

Oh and fenderella5678, you just made me realize I forgot to put my Jeff Buckley music on my new MP3 player! Now I've got homework when I get home. ;)

bitetoobreakkskin 04-16-2009 04:00 PM

i have a tattoo that my husband drew me-i just told him what to draw...its 3 stars, with barbed wire wrapped around it to form a heart on the middle star...i love it, but i know stars/barbed wire are very cliche haha :)

jessx22 04-17-2009 12:56 AM

I have a purple and teal butterfly on my right leg just above my ankle that I got two days after my 18th birthday. I had to choose kinda fast because it was a b-day surprise and the shop was closing early! I love it anyways, but I really want some fresh ink. These are all great ideas and awesome tattoos! I'm thinking of stars or cherry blossoms, maybe a lotus. Not too original, but pretty! I really want a voodoo doll, but I'm afraid of looking back one day and saying "wtf?"

M Dizzle 05-05-2009 11:21 AM

I have 3 small tats right now, but would love a Celtic Cross that stretches accross my shoulders and down my spine, or wings on my shoulders. Until I know for sure, the skin there will remain untouched.

NorCal Jen 05-05-2009 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my favorite - finished 2/9/08. Picture taken right after the final sitting, so still a little bloody. It took 3 sittings because I'm a big pain wuss! LOL! I also have blown out flip flops on my left ankle, a turtle on my right ankle and a Celtic triquetra on my left wrist.

Lissus 05-15-2009 04:05 PM

I have a cute lil baby tiger on my forearm, only about an inch by inch and a half. It reminds me of one of my old cats so I love it, but it is in desperate need of a recolor. Someday I'll have the extra money to do it, but that day is not today :P

BigBreezy 05-17-2009 03:46 AM

Ah, balls. I was about to post my favorite tat, and I can't because I don't have 25 posts yet. Boo. More incentive to post! You will see it soon.

hello pinki 05-20-2009 10:01 AM

My favorite tattoo is on my thigh. My highschool sweetheart got it for me for my 18th birthday. It was my first legal tattoo...hehehe...we were already pretty inked by that time.

It's a large dragon from my hip down my thigh. It looks like it is tearing out of my skin so there are parts where it looks like skin is pulling and splitting.

As a matching set, my ex got a samarai down his ribs from his arm pit to his hip so we had matching tattoos that weren't super matchy matchy...I still haven't filled my hubby in on that detail though. *snicker*

amy180 05-21-2009 06:42 AM

I think I'm finally going to take the plunge and get a sleeve done on my leg of deep sea fish, I've been planning that one for years. Anglerfish, dragonfish, viperfish, squid and hatchetfish on a mostly black background, left leg. Now that I've dropped a few pounds my legs don't look so doughy and horrid, so it's time I got started I suppose (that, and I carry most of my weight in my midsection, so I wouldn't get anything more on top until I lost quite a bit more weight). Getting new tattoos always makes me excited and puts me in a good mood. That'll be my favorite once it's done, I'm sure. Pics eventually once it gets done. ^^

vertigoskyy 06-01-2009 09:52 PM

This one is my favorite. It's my cousins name. She was murdered 2 years ago. I got it on her birthday last year. It's a reminder of a lot of things.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...May2009076.jpg

This is probably my second favorite. It's a Celtic symbol. [I'm of Scottish decent.] It represents the maze that life is & helps us find our way through it.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...May2009079.jpg

CatRocks 06-09-2009 04:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here is a couple of pics of my favourite tattoos... the first on in my cherry blossom/waves half sleeve which just got done a few weeks ago and the other is my geisha girl on my other arm!
xx

TraceyElaine 06-12-2009 06:44 AM

I have a lotus surrounded by water and a lil dragonfly on my right arm. I plan to add a coi fish another lotus and some other bits and pieces to make it a 1/2 sleve. I also have a heart on my back that takes the shape of the L in the word love with mine and my hubby's names under it in my own hand writing. And I have a Hibiscus on my right foot that I got with my sister.

My goal tattoo is a funky little cupcake with sparkles and the whole works. And the number 278 in the center of it. (my highest weight so i never forget) And i want that on my hip or the top of my bum.

lizziep 06-23-2009 01:26 PM

i'm bumping up the tattoo thread! :) I'm getting tattooed on 7/5 I will post pics once it's done... but I have a question.
I'm getting inked on my shoulder and the nape of my neck. I'm concerned with my bra rubbing on it and messing it up- this happened with my last tattoo. My boobs are way to heavy for a strapless bra. Any recommendations? I have like DDD's so I can't go without- and I just can't think of anything. If I went with a T-strap it'd be on the nape- same with a halter shaped one.
Any other ideas???

Sojourner 06-23-2009 03:22 PM

What about buying one of those convertible bras? Then you could take one strap and arrange it for one shoulder (like for a dress with one exposed shoulder). It is not ideal but better than a strapless bra. You for sure don't want that bra strap digging into your fresh tattoo ouch.

lizziep 06-24-2009 02:12 AM

ooh good idea. i should look for one. i'm used to rummaging around for the bras in a box. lol. i guess its time to literally look outside the box, eh? :)
nothing ever comes in my size. i wonder if i could get away with one of those tank tops with the shelf bra thing in them. i might trip. lol.