3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Favorite Tattoos

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #181

S/C/G: 192/192/145

Height: 5'4"

I have only one, which I got just a few months ago on the outside of my right calf. It is a phoenix rising, whose inner wings are made out of lotus petals. Both are powerful symbols for me and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

My daughter is planning one for her 18th birthday in January and has suggested a Mom/Daughter ink session... not sure if I'm ready for a second, though!

Mini goal: 175 by Christmas
Goal: Target weight before it's warm enough to wear my beaded bra and hip scarf at Ren Faire again!

Hiking to Health - My Weight Loss Journey

Last edited by AlidaD : 10-16-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #182

S/C/G: 300/289/150

Height: 5'8"

I eventually want a fairie on my pelvis once I am thin enough. I would also like one along my spine that revolves around a favorite saying from my favorite book series.

Currently I have "Queen" in sanskrit on the back of my neck and an ace of spade with a 7 in it on my ankle.

When I've lost 50-75 pounds (probably 75 cause that'll be my halfway point), my gift to myself is going to be the tattoo I am getting around my wrist. I'll be getting the eye of a peacock feather on the inside of my wrist with the rest of the feather wrapping around like a bracelet.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #183

S/C/G: 193/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

I have 2 hummingbirds with a lotus flower in between them that I am very proud of. It represents my daughter.

I also have this skull tattoo above my knee. My Mom absolutely hates it but every time I see it, it makes me happy. It reminds me things get better. (i know, skulls = positive feelings? its my thing)

When I lose the weight I want a half sleeve with a moon and a mermaid. But my arm needs to be a bit more toned.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #184
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I have this tattoo on my back...

It's supposed to be two phoenix's (I never liked the idea of the phoenix being a solo-creature) with wings above and tails intertwined below, but it looks more like two love-birds in a nest...not quite me~ When I reach my 4th mini-goal, I'm going to see about getting the bottom altered with full tails added that trail down my spine...it may not be possible though without making it look like a major cover-up job though, so we'll see -

And AlidaD, I'd love to see a photo of your phoenix with lotus petals....

Mini-Goal 1: 234 -15 pounds loss ---> Mini-Goal 2: 224 - 10% loss --->Mini-Goal 3: 199 - Onederland! ---> Mini-Goal 4: 174 - 30% loss
Mini-Goal 1: MET!!! 10/13/10 --------> Mini-Goal 2: Met!!! 11/5/10 ---->Mini-Goal 3: Met!!! 2/25/11 ----->

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."
-Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by spixiet : 10-16-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:11 AM   #185

Height: 5'5.5"

In January of 2012 I am going to get a wolf in mid-run on my right forearm. He's going to be a happy, benevolent looking wolf and I'm going to commission the design for him from an artist next month.

I have ideas for others, but for now I'm really concentrating on my wolf. When I get him in 2012, I'll consider the other designs then.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.