3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Favorite Tattoos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/149614-favorite-tattoos.html)

therex 06-30-2010 05:52 AM

i have a bloody chainsaw. definitely my favorite

Bluey 07-06-2010 06:29 PM

I have 6 tattoos... i designed them all and i love them all, they all mean something major to me. My favourite one is in the middle of my back, it is a nappy pin with the "kid charms" (that u put on necklaces) hanging from it, it looks like it is pinned to my skin, and the charms have my kids birthstones as their bellies. :)

I have about 9 more i REALLY want.. but have to find someone who can draw them first... i cant draw to save my life, but i know exactly what i want.

My next one is a rosary around my ankle with the bdsm symbol instead of a cross at the bottom. :)

mauvaisroux 07-09-2010 03:28 PM

Nice pics everyone! I just got my first tattoo - it's a dragon that looks like it is made of store - kind of gargoyle like. It's in between my shoulder blades and it hurt like heck getting it done. I love it though and it was so worth it to get it done. :)

VicSin13 07-16-2010 08:52 PM

Tatts

I realized shortly after my first tattoo that I would be fiercly addicted! My family is very anti tattoo, though my father can appreciate the art on others, he would rather his children not have any. I can recall being young and being told that had I gotten a tattoo he would scrub it off my skin with Brillo, even if I waited till he was dead to get a tattoo he would haunt me! LOL Well when my daughter ratted me out (Yes you heard right MY DAUGHTER ratted me out to my father) I had to come clean he laughed about it and said as long as you put them where I can't see them, do whatever you are going to do you are an adult. Well, I currently have 4 with one in still in the process of being finished.
Here is my list:
1)Bam Margera's(Pro skate boarder and Pro Jackass) signiture from when I met him is on my right hip (I was seriously obsessed with him, still am kinda )
2)the Heartagram tattoo that both Bam Margera and Ville Valo(lead singer of HIM) have on their pelvic region, is embalzoned under my neck/ above my shoulder blades (I couldn't put it on my pelvis, my Done Lop belly would cover it LOL)
3)"HIM" in Pink with purple outline is on my rigth foot because "HIM" is my all time favorite band
4)"My Melody" cartoon Character on my left shoulder blade
5) An anchor with a rose on my left foot as a memorial for My Mom's father (who was in the US Navy) who passed last summer from Emphyzema, and my Father's mom (who LOVED LOVED LOVED Peach roses) passed in 1993 from complications with a supposedly benign and operable brain tumor. This tattoo is very special because I came up with the concept and my younger sister (and best friend) drew it. We both now have the tattoo slowly being finished as we want it done perfectly

There is soooo much more I want to get but as all of you know they do get expensive, I still have an Amy Brown Fairy and Mermaid large piece that I am having done for my daughters (One LOVES Fairies, and the other of course mermaids) I also want to get a pewter looking heart lock/locket to which once I get married my hubby will get the key tattooed somewhere on himself. Alternately I am getting the Coffin with Double Hearts from the HIM song Funeral of Hearts when my divorce is finally finale (that is a subject for a WHOOOOLE 'nother day) I want to get realistic looking vampire fang/bite marks around my collarbone/shoulder area, as well as some lettering, but I have yet to find something unique that I want with me forever.
I will have to try to post pictures sometime~!

VicSin13 07-17-2010 01:56 AM

How did the inner lip feel? I can say the ones on my feet were the most painful I have had so far...but I can't imagine the lip feels too nice!

inkdiva 07-18-2010 12:37 PM

My fave would also be the one that felt the worst. It's a large floral piece on my lower back that goes from hip to hip. I really wasn't expecting the hips to sting that badly! It's gorgeous tho and I'd do it again if I had to, but I'm glad it's there to stay and I don't have to. :)

Alita 07-18-2010 01:20 PM

Awesome pics everyone :D!!!

I really want one like this, it's so beautiful to me:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5...efountain5.jpg

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5...efountain5.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3832/...30da47a395.jpg

It's from my favourite movie, The Fountain. I want to get one similar to it someday, maybe just around my wrist not the whole arm.

1bighog 07-18-2010 01:29 PM

Hey! I never post in this forum but I love tattoos. It took me a year to design my latest...it's the birth month flowers of my children and a bird for the baby I lost located on the outside of my lower right leg:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...a/th_011-1.jpg
I want another one either on the right side of my upper back or on my upper right arm, but I don't know what I want so it will be a long while before it's done. I also have a small 4 leaf clover on the right side of my lower back.

Elijahs phoenix 07-18-2010 01:55 PM

I dont have any yet, but when I reach my goal Im going to get a phoenix on my back.

Majestic 07-18-2010 06:19 PM

I have one purple and black butterfly in the middle of my back. For every 25-30 pounds lost I want to get another one.

For goal one: My kids dad had the beginning of a poem on his collar, I want to finish the poem on my side. (he has passed away...this is my way of honoring him)

For goal two: I want to get a large W with a butterfly landing on it.

For goal three: I want to get 3 flowers on my spine to represent me and my two children.

I am so excited...

inkdiva 07-19-2010 01:33 AM

Super cool to see so much Tat Luv going on, but I notice a lot of posts saying things like ooooh I'd love to, but I'm waiting until I lose weight. As a tattoo artist for 13 years, and an overweight person with many tattoos myself, I'd like to share a few thoughts on the subject. First of all, getting a tattoo is a wonderful liberating feeling. I highly recommend it, and since I'm not in any of your necks of the woods, I'm not just saying that to drum up business. For those of you who are afraid of what it will look like when you lose weight, don't worry. Losing weight won't hurt a tattoo. Find a nice place without a lot of stretchmarks and you are completely safe. What will ruin a tattoo are new stretchmarks- gaining weight, not losing it. I did a beautiful blue flower on a customer's shoulder and she was so large she was afraid she wouldn't fit in my chair (she did). I ran into her about 6 months later but didn't recognize her because she had had weightloss surgery and had lost an amazing amount of weight. She showed me the flower and it looked even brighter and more beautiful than when she first got it.

inkdiva 07-19-2010 01:49 AM

In a related side note: It also makes me sad to hear people deny themselves something they want until they "look better." I understand that you may not match the image in your head any more than getting Angelina Jolie's haircut will magically transform you into a sex goddess, but honestly. I tattoo people of all shapes, sizes, and ages. While I love doing the occaisional first tattoo on a 50- 60 year old, it also makes me a little sad. They always say that they have loved tattoos thier whole lives, but because of what others may think, or because of their appearance, they didn't feel they should get them. Now, they leave my shop tickled with their new ink, and feeling a little bit naughty- but let's face it- they could have been enjoying their ink for years, and it would have looked even better on younger skin. Don't get me wrong- I love it when people get the courage to be themselves no matter what their age, but I bet that many of them were just like those who posted and said someday, when I'm prettier, or thinner, or more deserving. I just feel that women constantly feel unworthy of doing things for themselves because of weight. It doesn't even have to be a tattoo, what about an outfit that just fits right and makes you feel attractive right now? What about some glitter nailpolish or an anklet or a new hairdo? Why is it always put off until I'm thinner? I do things for me NOW, because realistically, I'm only guaranteed today. Sorry- I'll get off the soapbox now. :)

duckchick 07-19-2010 05:41 AM

I'm actually inspired to hear (or see, rather) you say that, Inkdiva. I've liked tattoos my whole life as well, but I'm one of those that always feels I can't get one because I'll be too embarrassed to show it off, because I'm too fat. Or because I don't own the right clothes. Or because I don't have the money. Really, I can have a dozen excuses, and I'm not really sure why I've let it stop me.

Perhaps it's time to change!:D

1bighog 07-19-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkdiva (Post 3393102)
In a related side note: It also makes me sad to hear people deny themselves something they want until they "look better." I understand that you may not match the image in your head any more than getting Angelina Jolie's haircut will magically transform you into a sex goddess, but honestly. I tattoo people of all shapes, sizes, and ages. While I love doing the occaisional first tattoo on a 50- 60 year old, it also makes me a little sad. They always say that they have loved tattoos thier whole lives, but because of what others may think, or because of their appearance, they didn't feel they should get them. Now, they leave my shop tickled with their new ink, and feeling a little bit naughty- but let's face it- they could have been enjoying their ink for years, and it would have looked even better on younger skin. Don't get me wrong- I love it when people get the courage to be themselves no matter what their age, but I bet that many of them were just like those who posted and said someday, when I'm prettier, or thinner, or more deserving. I just feel that women constantly feel unworthy of doing things for themselves because of weight. It doesn't even have to be a tattoo, what about an outfit that just fits right and makes you feel attractive right now? What about some glitter nailpolish or an anklet or a new hairdo? Why is it always put off until I'm thinner? I do things for me NOW, because realistically, I'm only guaranteed today. Sorry- I'll get off the soapbox now. :)

Awesome post. I feel that way towards people who say they will never get a tattoo because they are afraid of what it will look like when they are old. If you don't want a tattoo, fine! But it seems silly to me to be afraid of what your tattoo will look like on your 90 year old *** seeing as how you're not guaranteed that 90 years. If I am lucky enough to see 90, my tattoos will serve as memory that I lived my life as I wanted at that time.

inkdiva 07-20-2010 12:11 AM

Definitely, Duckchick. Don't deny yourself things or wait too long. I highly recommend treating yourself to non-food related things as often as possible. :) And 1bighog, I get that question all the time, and I've always responded Who cares? By that time the rest of me won't be looking so hot anyway, and besides, I agree, it will mean I led a full life. :) BTW, it's a little disheartening to know that someone who is two lbs under my goal weight goes by onebighog. Hmmmm. :)