Old 09-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

Kick!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #108  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

thanks jan, i needed that. my workouts have slowed down to almost nil and my beer intake has increased. school is drivin me to the bottle, man! i also freaked out this week on some vegan muffins i baked. it was my first shot at baking a la vegan, so i was eager to test it out. alert, alert! too good! too good! next time i bake, my goal is to take half to the neighbors.

so i'm typing this in my emerald green spandex about to log off and head upstairs for a workout video. i'm still slowly losing, but i could be doin so much better!

ghost - dig the lovecraft. i think i'm really close to his grave and it's on my to do list to stop by and see him, give him some love.

welcome to all the newcomers!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:09 AM   #109  

ollie! beer is da divil in disguise!!!! all that sugar! aaaargh! i went on a beer binge on friday and it followed me all weekend! sluggish, craving-ish. ugh! it's strictly white wine spritzers again for this lady lush.
sharing ur baking is not only a great way to stay lean and lithe..it also endears you to ur neighbours, coworkers etc. and bring on the spandex!!! i only have ratty tatty sweats...emerald green spandex must be so much more inspiring. out for a walk along the river rhine ( i should jog but feel stoopid doing it)

ttfn guapas!!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #110  
change

jan! it is the devil in disguise! but it's soooo good. i'm kinda havin a tough go with classes, the move and whatnot; but beer makes it all go away . also, having moved from a state where most beer was illegal (craft beer, beer over 6% alcohol are illegal and draft beer is outlawed in the city i lived in) i'm still on the wow and wide-eyed kick with all this craft beer. i need to find a new way to cope.

i, too, feel ridiculous jogging. i'm still at the point where i work out in the comfort of me own home. one of these days though i'm going to do the joggin thang.

white wine spritzers? do you mix wine and sprite or do you actually purchase a spritzer? give me da 411 i need a good recommendation for a switch-a-roo.

Last edited by ollie27; 09-29-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #111  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

home made tortillas and refried beans will be the death of my diet! And wine too. I GAINED 4 lbs this weekend, between saturday morning and this morning. FOUR POUNDS! how does one GAIN FOUR LBS in two days? And I worked out yesterday. There is just no way! I'm freaking OUT!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #112  
change

homemade tortillas and refried beans

it's okay ghost. if it makes you feel better i discovered soy "ice cream" this weekend. maybe your scale is just measuring the immediate after effects. aren't you the one that waits to see a number for a few days before it sticks? (me too btw). and, dude, you've lost 17 lbs in the time it has taken me to lose 7, so chill! your doing effing fabulous, holmes!
your rocking this thang!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:02 AM   #113  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie27 View Post

it's okay ghost. if it makes you feel better i discovered soy "ice cream" this weekend. maybe your scale is just measuring the immediate after effects. aren't you the one that waits to see a number for a few days before it sticks? (me too btw). and, dude, you've lost 17 lbs in the time it has taken me to lose 7, so chill! your doing effing fabulous, holmes!
your rocking this thang!
Yummy tortillas and soy ice cream.

I feel like a glutton from the overeating I've done this weekend. I thought I was going to get back on track today, but then found out an old friend of mine was shot and killed by the police . I binged like no tomorrow. I need to control my eating, I can't let this destroy me.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:40 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 220/217/215 by Halloween!

This is so cool... I just discovered the Alternachicks?Paganchicks forums here...

I actually set a small goal to lose 5 pounds by October 31st when I first joined the site. I'm getting there.

Robot, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I overate a lot too this weekend... but my reason was just being on a flim set and ordering Pizza/Subway for convenience...
Old 09-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #115  
change

oh my god, robot, that's horrible. don't be so hard on yourself.

welcome to the boards, priestess.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #116  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

I have three lbs to go! Yet ARGH! They just don't want to go away...
Old 10-01-2008, 05:45 AM   #117  

robot, i am so sorry. sending you virtual support..

go skullarix! give them pesky pounds HEdouble hockeysticks (still not sure how explicit i can get on this here site )

ghost-mebbe natural weight fluctuations..water retention etc? and not just the frijoles (i know it blows but cut the tortillas, add lf sour cream and some lf cheddar-presto:healthy treat!)

ollie-soy ice-cream? yummy?

howdy priestess and welcome

still haven't weighed myself! avoiding my local pharmacy like the plague.....guess i'm skeard....
Old 10-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #118  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie27 View Post

your rocking this thang!
I keep trying to tell myself that, but for some reason I'm not listening to me! My body is just fighting me tooth and nail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessCynder View Post
This is so cool... I just discovered the Alternachicks?Paganchicks forums here...

I actually set a small goal to lose 5 pounds by October 31st when I first joined the site. I'm getting there.

Robot, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I overate a lot too this weekend... but my reason was just being on a flim set and ordering Pizza/Subway for convenience...
Welcome to the forum and the challenge Priestess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullarix View Post
I have three lbs to go! Yet ARGH! They just don't want to go away...
Its always the last few lbs before reaching a stated goal that seem to hang on for dear life. I'm right there with you! We can do this! *as long as we don't see anymore home made tortillas and beans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaman View Post
robot, i am so sorry. sending you virtual support..

go skullarix! give them pesky pounds HEdouble hockeysticks (still not sure how explicit i can get on this here site )

ghost-mebbe natural weight fluctuations..water retention etc? and not just the frijoles (i know it blows but cut the tortillas, add lf sour cream and some lf cheddar-presto:healthy treat!)

ollie-soy ice-cream? yummy?

howdy priestess and welcome

still haven't weighed myself! avoiding my local pharmacy like the plague.....guess i'm skeard....
Oh, how i wish it was a natural weight flux, but its still hanging around, even after two on plan days and two cardio workouts. I fear its the real thing, so I'm just focusing on re-losing it all again. One weekend, man! My 8 days with my man in san fran is probably going to cost me 10 lbs!
Old 10-02-2008, 03:38 AM   #119  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks ladies for the kind words. I'm still bummed and almost in denial thinking that this is just a big nightmare, but it's not. Life must go on though.

Congrats to everyone with their weight loss so far. I don't think I'll lose more than 3 pounds by the 31st, but I'm trying my hardest.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:49 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm with you on the frustration of not losing.

I'm seriously considering leaving the challenge, I just need to get my act together. I'm really having a hard time and it's pissing me off.
Closed Thread