Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #16  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

well, i for one think it would be pretty evil to have our weigh in day to be the day after the weekend so howsabout fridays?

i weighed in at 149.9 again this morning and so i think i am going to go ahead and move mine down a pound. i weigh everyday, but i usually don't change my ticker til i see the same number a few days in a row.

i can already tell this is going to help. i think it's the whole "challenge" aspect. like someone is saying nananabooboo betcha can't do this and i'm like - yo, just watch me. muahahahaha (yeah. that's fun).
Old 08-16-2008, 12:03 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh man....I've had a terrible couple of weeks. Long story short, I've been going off-plan more than I should >_< And now it's my TOM, so while I haven't gained this week, I haven't lost either...and it's WAY TOO HOT! here in Washington right now, so I've been drinking light beer instead of water to cool off......I'm getting really discouraged with myself! I don't understand why I can't control myself the way I usually can I know I won't keep up these bad habits forever, but I'm worried that I won't even come close to my goal for this challenge. I wanted to lose 8 lbs this month........so much for that. *sad*
Old 08-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #18  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

Meowkat, don't worry, I think it has something to do with TOM... because I have had the worst cravings this TOM. I even broke down and had cookies yesterday because I couldn't take it any longer! Then the chocolate truffles in the fridge were calling to me all night... even when I was on the tread mill...

Just think it could be worse, you could live in Arizona, it was 107 (F) yesterday! I find I don't want to drink beer when it's hot... maybe because I like the dark beers like Guinness and Optimator, and it's more like eating than drinking
Old 08-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

my normal weigh day is Saturday morining, but since I'm doing inches I will have to have the person at Curves do it, I think, for consistency.

I've been OP today too; I think it's grief that summer is over and school is starting! ; )
anita
Old 08-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #20  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Yes! Will this work for a Halloween goal? I want to be Snow White. (Ok, honestly, Im having a hard time remembering how to spell Samhain) I guess, if I'd have to say... 22 pounds? (2 lbs a week) AND sewing up the costume.
I was seriously laughing my ash off when I read the Count reference, having little ones at home and occasionaly getting to hear the number of the day still.
Im with ya Meowcat, up here it was 87 for the second day in a row, just not used to hot around here.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:26 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

heya chicas!

awesome idea....8,5 kilos by halloween. need to buy scale, tho.

guynna- hear you on the back to school blues. ugh.
skullarix-where are you from in az? i'm a former tucsonian and actually miss the heat . sun is fickle in middle-europe. bleargh
meowkat-also find myself deviating, just quit the pill and i honestly (not just lame excuse) think it's hormonal. maybe lunar cycle????don't give urself too much of a hard time

hiya ollie, ghost and missyg!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 152/115/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm in! I'm also in the Featherweights 2-lb challenges, but that is more short term. I do want something to shoot for that's long-term, and since I'm going on vacation in October I think it's important to have a goal--so that I remember that I want to maintain or even lose while I'm vacationing.

Goal: 120 lbs by Samhain.

This may be a little lofty, especially considering I would have to continue to lose 1.2 pounds or so a week, and considering that the closer you are to goal the harder it often becomes to lose.

The 120 goal is based on body fat percentages, and what my mom--who has a very similar body frame and the same height--said was her best "low" weight, so I think it's right. However, if I get to 125 pounds and realize that losing 5 more would make me a stick insect, I will modify my goal. I reserve the right to do so.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #23  
change

i miss the heat as well, but if i was back in the deep south, i'd be complaining about it. grass is always greener...

yeah, school starts back next week and my brain has completely turned to mush this summer. what am i studying again? ugh.

meowkat - don't be so hard on yourself. everyone has bad weeks, but it's totally doable to do this thang. bad week, schmad week. don't let a few days bust ya in the chops like that chica. i feel ya on the beer thang. just drink both, not beer instead of water.

jandaman - hey, dude! quit the pill last summer and have felt so much better because. body has to readjust, but it'll thank ya in the end. that's a beautiful view in your avatar btw.

so did we decide on a weigh in day? friday? saturday?
Old 08-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #24  

postscriptum re: beer beer...meowkat, donno if this is helpful, but over here the most popular drink in beer-gardens is "radler" which is basically equal parts beer and 7up. sounds weird but utterly refreshing and you could use the sugar-free variety. plus germans drink beer as an isotonic drink instead of gatorade. so it must be healthy enough, right??

ollie-yeah, feel like i'm on 24/7 pms....bizarre-o. bf is taking it in stride so far...already feel more ALIVE. view is from mt.conero in italy, eet ees gorgeous there! re: weigh-in- do we really gotta (whine whine) no, seriously. saturday would be best for me but waddevah majority decides
Old 08-18-2008, 01:35 AM   #25  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

jandaman... I am indeed from Arizona, Phoenix, not Tucson though. I'm told Tucson is cooler than Phx!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:15 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Heya folks. Thanks for all the reassurance...this is why I love this place I guess it was frustrating me mostly because I've never really had to deal with much change in appetite/mood/physical comfort etc. during TOM before, I think my body is re-adjusting itself (they say that happens every so many years...damn). I've finally started getting all the good stuff that comes with being a woman, lol. I think it's that combined with the heat that was getting me down mostly...I just have to keep reminding myself how nice it will be to get under 200! It's been 5 years since I was in Onederland

As for a weigh-in day, mine is usually Thursday so Fri. or Sat. is no biggie for me

missygith: I'm near Tacoma...we're almost neighbors It finally cooled off to the 80's today, but Friday and Saturday it was close to 95!!! Ahhhhhh!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:20 AM   #27  

hey skullarix.....yeah we used to think tucson was way cooler, too *evilgrin* but seriously, i loved tucson because it seemed to be a freak magnet, and everyone is soooo laid-back and relaxed. it has a very spiritual/punkrock feel to it. are you a native phoenician?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Cool in the spiritual but not thermal sense, right? When I went to conferences in Tucson a bunch of us would get up and walk at 5 -- which is totally not like me! -- b/c it was too hot later. Many many cool folk there though.

Classes start Wednesday, grumble grumble. But they won't keep paying me unless I keep teaching, so....

Had a fab whitewater rafting outing yesterday at the Nat'l Whitewater Training Center; at one point or another everyone in our party went flying out of the boat. I banged up one knee while whirling downstream, so I'm icing it as I type. The kinda good thing is, what really irritated me about it was thinking "this will throw off my workout schedule"!
anita
Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #29  
change

weigh in day - saturday 'tis

meowkat - midol works wonders

jandaman - i think goin off the pill helped me lose a couple pounds as well. not to mention that taking horse hormones to trick your body into thinking it's preg's gotta do some kinda damage, so recovery is yeah...bizarre to say the least. ride it out dude. ride it on out. gotta admit i am a tad envious of your expat status. totally want to blow this joint.

guynna - whitewater rafting. friggin awesome. bummer about your knee but some wounds are worth it, eh? i'm sort of an adrenaline junkie and love **** like that.

nakedmango
- welcome chica! and yes, reserve any right to do whatever you feel.

Last edited by ollie27; 08-18-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #30  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Good monday morning all!
first, I think Saturday is a good day to weigh in too, gives us forgiveness for whatever might transpire on saturday night...or sunday morning for that matter. I was OP all weekend, so proud of myself, I even did cardio sat & sun, to make five days in a row. Today is so totally my rest day. But the best news was getting on the scale and seeing the number 185! Three lbs since last week! now, I KNOW its a big loss but its leading up to my TOM so if I manage to maintain next week I'll still be happy. But WOOOHOOO! thats four lbs towards my Samhain Challenge goal!
I was mostly surprised by the number on the scale because on saturday night I went out with my girlfriends and we had a few drinks then on sunday morning I had Pho which has a **it ton of sodium. I thought for sure I'd gain water weight at least. And I indulged in two different desserts this weekend, a salmonberry upside down cupcake thing and a piece of vietnamese cake. And still a loss, I'm proud. Sombody is going to have to knock me off my pedistal today or I might get too big a head.

You all in the warmer regions should suck it up while you can. I don't think it broke over 45 here all weekend. I had to turn my heat on in my house on saturday. Its been a cold drab summer here in Alaska and I am not looking forward to winter.
Closed Thread