What Alternachick means to me.

• Hi all :
    I am new to these boards and spotted your messageboard. I am not sure what altnerchick means in terms of how the members classify it, so hope I am in the right place !!
    I view myself as an alternachick because I am an Aquarian and need to dance to my own music and not live by somebody else's ideas of right or wrong. I have to deal with the consequences of my actions ( and the feelings I experience afterwards ) so I need to make my own choices, and sadly, my own mistakes. I do not follow trends or the crowd.
    I like funky off-beat type clothes with an ethnic bend to them ( Greek or Indian cotton handbags, Tibetan jewelry, I have a nosering.........).
    So am I in the right place ????? I hope so.

• hi FairyVickie -- you sound just right! (I think maybe part of being alterna is that you get to decide what it means) Many of the alternachicks have tattoos; I don't, but in about 20 minutes I"m leaving for a music festival where I plan (as always) to get henna tats. In the fairly conservative crowd I work with, that makes me way alterna!!
    Welcome, and keep posting!
    Hope everyone is having a great day,
    anita
  • Hi Anita :
    Thanks for your message and the warm welcome. Hope you are at the festival right now having a grand old time !! I love music, I have over 1,000 CDS, a very eclectic mix of stuff too.
    I wear a nosering, I have no tattoos though. I went crazy in the 80's and pierced 5 holes in my ears !!! I wear 3 now only, and two are small studs, nothing too big. Perhaps being an alternachick in some ways may be just a state of mind, no need to have a tattoo and wear only black nail polish ! ( though I do that too, looks cool against my pale skin !! lol ).
    Anyhow hope to make friends here, so hope to get some replies and interest.
    Take good care.

V.
  • Welcome Fairy Vickie!

You do get to choose what alterna means to you - You sound like you will fit right in - most of dance to our own drum beat too!
  • well I love this little group here. I have a tattoo. I am wanting to get a lower back tattoo when i get thinner. A mini goal of mine!!! I wanted to say hello.
  • Im an aquarius too I love anything Tibetan I have been studying Buddhism for the past year. I have my lip pierced. I think we are more than likely in the right place
  • I feel at home in this board so I think I'm in place . Also I'm a gamer and have extensive musical tastes. Oh and I consider myself a paganist. I don't have any piercings/tattoo's/weird hair colours though, not even my ears are pierced (which is special in itself, methinks).