Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #1  
Chef of Doom

S/C/G: 250/226/180

Height: 5' 4"

Default Been awol for a bit, need some encouragement.

Life is getting a little hard. About a month or so ago I started to realize that my place of business is closing. It took the owners until yesterday to finally admit it to me. The stress has been killing me. I feel tired all the time. I haven't been to the gym in almost two weeks [and I am paying for that ****!] I have only been walking once a week, I have been eating moon pies and pizza [but only home made] and all of the sudden eggs are looking icky to me. Bad since I eat little to no meat and its a huge source of my protein.

I have lost another inch in my waist. I haven't weighed myself [scales at the gym] in forever so I cant say if I lost more lbs this week.

Tell me I will pull out of my rut and that I wont give up! This is the first time I have tried to lose and I refuse to be a yo yo-er!

An old friend turned enemy turned tolerable acquaintance sent me a message today saying she heard I haven't been getting out of the house and that part of being friends again means spending what little money we earn on clothes and happy hour. All I could think was, obviously our mutual friends have noticed all this enough to talk about it, and someone like this girl is worried enough to invite me out and that just worries me more.

Blegh, just needed to rant and so far you girls are my favorites.

PS does a ticker for inches exist? I cant find one.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey girl! Don't give up now! We all have our battles, and some days are harder than others, but just jump right back in!

I also have a place of business that is going down the drain. They've been sliding for some years now, but just in the past month or so did they encourage me to look for another job. Well, of course that is sooooo stressful- I've worked there for 16 years. But now I'm using it to help me with my weight loss efforts, since I will feel more confident looking for a new job as I lose the excess baggage.

Hang in there! You can do it!
Old 06-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ugh! That is a tough thing to be going through. It happened to me with a job I loved that I had been at for 10 years - I was devasted!

It did have bright side though - because of this I had to change my way of thinking and doing things and eventually ended up in a field I really love with way better pay so I think sometimes things do happen for a reason.

I am sure things will get better for you! Meanwhile hang in there with the weightloss, get out with your friends even if it means trying to do things that are low cost or no cost - you need a support system at times like these.

Good luck to both you and Auntie G in your job searches!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #4  
Chef of Doom

Thanks you two. I think another part of it all is the lack of people out here. Its a college town. Not only have most of my friends graduated and moved away, the few left are away for the summer. I have all of about three friends out here and one of them lives with me.

Last edited by Silvana; 06-22-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Silvana ("chef of doom," how fabulous is that??) --
I have been AWOL (away from online) a while too, and I just saw your posting. I am a native Blacksburger! I highly recommend getting outdoors as a stress and bummer reliever. Go to the river, go to the cascades -- it's good exercise and it'll make you feel more positive. Maybe I could buy you lunch when I am next in town visiting family?
Hang in there chickie --
Old 07-09-2008, 03:49 PM   #6  
Chef of Doom

Hey I just saw your response guynna! thanks for the encouragement.
Getting out and about usually helps, then I just come home and feel all the more discouraged.

My store officially closed on sunday and they only gave me one days notice.
Now I am scrambling to find something else and while I should be using this time off to get things done around the house I am so stressed and overwhelmed that all I get accomplished is a few employment applications before I need a nap.

I hate fighting off being depressed, it seems to take all my energy.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Depression is indeed an energy-sink -- it's so hard to get anything done. Take care of YOU; remember that whoever hires you will be lucky to get you; go for a brisk walk around the drill field and see if the smell of fresh-cut grass doesn't perk you up a bit.

Hang in there -- things will get better soon.
Closed Thread