Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

ola guapas!

just a quickie... any idea what attacks of shooting pain in the right side of the stomach could be? along with continual aching of the hip bone and right side pelvic area??? well, none of my docs do. and it's getting worse. i was feeling better and thought it might just go away on its own. now patiently awaitng mri appt. am trying to stick to sb, but no exercise possible at this point.
sorry so whiny, ladies. just feel bleargh.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

OW! Janda, I'm so sorry. It sounds tres painful, but I have no idea. (Unless maybe it's 2 different things, like an ulcer or appendicitis plus something dislocated in your lower back -- but I'm sure your doctors would have figured that out.) Ow ow ow. Hope you feel better soon. (smooch)

Thatgirl has one cool boyfriend -- yay!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 245/238/150

Gaia2094- I wish I could hire someone to walk behind me all day quoting those motivational posters I always see.

Yesterday was my first cardio workout, I went for 30 minutes on the eliptical. It almost didn't happen though, I contemplated not doing it at all because I was tired. Why do I try to sabotage myself?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #94  

Oh man -- when you figure out that "sabotage" question, share the answer with the rest of us! But you DID go anyway, so good for you! I didn't go to Curves for my Wed workout yesterday, but I went today (and plan to go Sat instead of Fri); I can already "feel it": I feel better and have more energy when I work out, so hopefully it will get easier to remember the payoffs and just go to the gym without having to kick myself in the butt.

But, for now, pat yourself on the back b/c whatever you thought, however much you were tempted NOT to go, you DID go and work out! Rah!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #95  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

GoldieStars- True, but how expensive would that be? I'd rather buy clothes or music or an iPod.

Anyone else feel like they're stuck in between? Clothes, ideas, life, etc. I'm depressed, and the super fun kind of depressed I am is like a mild version of ADD, so sometimes my thoughts literally run away with me in tow. I've been caught between goth and hippie, gypsy and witch, all these ideas and sides of me and for some reason, I thought that I had to choose. Then, Audiosalve.

The lyrics kind of snapped me out of my rollercoaster: be yourself, that's all that you can do. I was like, "Whoa. They're famous, they should know." No, I didn't think that.

"Wow. Why didn't I think of that? I'm in college!"

That's what I thought.

So tonight I dyed my hair, intense auburn with lighter red highlights. I'm jotting down how my life is going to be in sync with all my likes and views and feelings on life. I feel a lot more refreshed, more alive than I had in a couple of days. Maybe finally having my last exam today helped, lol.

Well, enough of the philosophical stuff. I need to get my own butt on the treadmill. Goldie, you figure out the why, I'll pay you for it. ^_^
Old 04-25-2008, 08:51 AM   #96  

Happy Friday, everyone -- Goldie, Gaia, Janda, Velvet, Eny, and all other alternachickies, have a great day : )
Old 04-26-2008, 07:29 AM   #97  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaman View Post
ola guapas!

just a quickie... any idea what attacks of shooting pain in the right side of the stomach could be? along with continual aching of the hip bone and right side pelvic area??? well, none of my docs do. and it's getting worse. i was feeling better and thought it might just go away on its own. now patiently awaitng mri appt. am trying to stick to sb, but no exercise possible at this point.
sorry so whiny, ladies. just feel bleargh.
don't be sorry, love - you don't feel well and if you need to be a bit "whiny" then so be it. we are here to support each other, so a big for you. I too have no idea what could be causing your pain... but I hope it does go away on it's own!
Old 04-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #98  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieStars View Post
Hello everyone! I am new here, I've been thinking of starting for awhile but today is my first official day. I'm excited and a bit scared (of failure). Right now my goal for the rest of this month is to start my exercise routine and eat healthier. I'm going to see my doctor on Friday to get a check up to make sure everything is running smoothly. I hope to add updates every week!
Hey Goldie!! Welcome to the group! You have a great goal for the rest of this month. I guess you went to the doctor already? And is everything running smoothly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia2094 View Post
GoldieStars- Hey, welcome! You only fail if you stop trying, so you're already a winner! I sound like those motivational speakers at school... you know, the ones you slept through...

I've been having a bad case of lurk, but it ends now! I had a not so special eating day because I'm stressing out... exam season. I'm studying my poor little darkling butt off, and I refuse to sleep tonight until I have this stuff down cold. I probably won't be sleeping until its over.

Who is psyched for BL? I'm so behind where I wanted to be weight-wise, a little competition should put my butt in gear. Can't wait to see how everyone does!
Glad you came out of lurkdom! I'm definitely looking forward to the BL challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux View Post
Welcome Goldie!

I have run off my feet this week at work as usual.

I did manage to find the energy to go for a walk with DH after work each day so far - and we are going to yoga class on Friday. I think I need to pick up some new yoga pants that are a bit cooler - we do bikram (yoga in a heated room) and I am finding it a bit too warm with my current gear. I need to hit up a discount store though as I can't justify spending $90.00 pm pair of designer yoga pants.

Janda - I hope they figure out what is going on with your health problems soon -
Hello Ms. Evil Redhead work can be such a killer for energy, eh? I too had MAJOR issues with work stress this week... hence my lack of posting...

I totally get not wanting to spend $90 on a pair of yoga pants - I wouldn't look for alternatives as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1girl View Post
OMG!! my bf is so sweet. he brought home Skinny Cow mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches for me. he made it clear to the roommates that they are mine and mine alone. they're my treat for doing well with my mini goals this week (salad or at least vegetarian meals every night; no tv on weekdays; exercise). i can only have one a day max but they are my favorite light desert snack! now i don't have to keep growling at the half-gallon of strawberry cheesecake ice cream he has in the freezer!
That is so sweet of him!! It's nice to be able to have a treat too, when everyone else is having one! We don't have a lot of options like that here, so I generally choose NO treat at all over spending my points on them... so far so good though... I keep saying over and over to myself "think of the end result... what do you want MORE...?"
Old 04-26-2008, 07:43 AM   #99  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieStars View Post
Gaia2094- I wish I could hire someone to walk behind me all day quoting those motivational posters I always see.

Yesterday was my first cardio workout, I went for 30 minutes on the eliptical. It almost didn't happen though, I contemplated not doing it at all because I was tired. Why do I try to sabotage myself?
I know why Because it's not something we've made into a habit yet I had great plans myself of gymming 2 x this week and getting on my elliptical at home twice as well. Didn't happen. I'm still not used to it and I had a LOT of stress and getting home late from work going on this week (I work in finance and we had our end of month close this week, plus my boss left; those two things alone caused a LOT of stress).

But if you think about it in this way -
You go to bed at night because you need sleep
You wake up in the morning because you have to go to work, school, whatever
You shower because you need to get clean
You brush your teeth every day (twice, more for others) because it's kind of rank and nasty if you don't
You put on deoderant so you smell nice
You put clothes on because you don't want to go out naked
You wear shoes to protect your feet
You eat because you get hungry (and moreover our bodies need fuel)
You exercise because it makes you feel good, it's healthy, and will get you to where you want to be.

So, if you make it something that you do, something natural, then eventually it will be a habit and not something you try to put off. You wouldn't put off brushing your teeth would you?

Anyway, that's how I look at it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still working on making it a habit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guynna View Post
Happy Friday, everyone -- Goldie, Gaia, Janda, Velvet, Eny, and all other alternachickies, have a great day : )
Hey Anita! Hope you had a great Friday yourself! I'm so glad it's weekend!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #100  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Well, gained 2 lbs this week Apparently I can't be trusted with "discretionary calories" as given by my nutritionist. So, straight up 1500 calories until school starts again in August, when the BLC is over.

Yay! One more day and then BLC! The treadmill is coming in tonight, woo-hoo!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:34 AM   #101  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Gaia - I'm sorry. It's only a VERY TEMPORARY gain... BL starts today and you are going to KICK SOME A$$!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #102  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey everyone!

Our photo thread is now a permanent sticky above the Bio thread!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I spent Saturday doing some spring cleaning and today I am off to yoga class. I did find something at the discount store - I got a pair of yoga pants, a tank and two sleeveless tops that have built in bras - all for $50.10 (taxes included), much better deal than 1 pair of pants at $90.00.

Gaia- I am stuck in between too! Try being 40 and being torn between still feeling a certain gothic hipness and trying to work in a very conservative workplace. AAARG!!!!! sometimes I feel like I am losing myself and other times I feel like I must look like I am trying too hard to hang on to the part of me that still feels like I am 25 and that I should just grow up and start trying to fit in - then every fibre of my being rises up to rebel against being conservative and trying to fit in.

Trying to strike a balance is sometimes very difficult.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #103  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey guys!

im new but im definately an alternachick!

hope you're all ok, its thunder storms galore here in england!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

WELCOME PAULA!!!!

hey all...well I gained 4 lbs over my canadian idol weekend I kept losing 2 then gaining it back for a week so I didn't weight myself after last wednesday when the scale said 176. I weighed myself yesterday at back down to 173!! so I am where I was the friday before CI. I sent in my video for CI on friday if it gets posted on the webpage I promise I will send you all the link...not all get posted. On the weekend was my grandpas 89 birthday he is my favourite person in my family :P the problem with the weekedn was my uncle, aunt and 2 cousins were coming. my one cousin is about 25 and he is super nice as well as my aunt but my uncle and my 22 year old female cousin are...MEAN. when I was younger my female cousin would say she wishes she could give me her hand me downs because my mom coulnd't afford brand name but I was so fat I would never fit in them....and more stuff like that about me being poor (which we weren't just not rich) or me being fat. We got to the dinner and my male cousin commented on how good I looked and how much I have lost. My aunt made a nice comment later in the night. my uncle and cousin who are so quick to comment about weight gain said nothing of the lose which I didn't expect them to anyways...but the good thing they had NOTHING negative to say to me. Also I went to the Mandarin (not sure if yo have those in the states) its a GIGANTIC chinese buffet. That was where the birthday was. I ate sushi, a small piece of chicken and a TINY piece of cheesecake for dessert...tiny tiny. I was SOOO proud of myself. and also found out I LOVE sushi. I weighed myself the day after and that was when I was 173. so I am proud of myself. its going to be a long day for me today because my DH works a double so he is gone now until midnight. but my mom and sis are staying the night so that should be fun. anyways talk to you all later.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #105  

good on you, Irish! It can be so hard to deal with people who are not supportive, but it sounds like you did great. I'm glad you had some positive comments and got to celebrate the big day with your grandpa. I'm crossing m fingers about you getting posted; you could end up with a huge worldwide fan club of chicks!
Closed Thread