Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/268/175

Height: 6'1"

Witm - you get 20 kudos for mentioning Sonata Arctica. I love you. lol.

No songs in particularly make me want to be skinny, because I don't actually want to be skinny. I want to be healty, and curvy. But, there are songs that make me very energetic and make me want to work out. Course, I usually ignore the craving. I'm working on listening to the inner voice.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 245/238/150

The horrorpops always get me pumped up and motivated, they are full of energy.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #18  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Supermassive Black Hole by Muse has that affect on me. I listen to it on the uphill walk to campus every morning.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #19  
Recommitted: 12/29/2015

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'6" | Age: 27

"She's Expensive" by Dee (Where my username came from!) "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry, and "Hustler" by Simian Mobile Disco have that effect on me!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #20  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

For all the heartache and the pain you drove me to
I’ll show you

I’m gonna get you back
I’m gonna make you pay
I’m gonna get you back
I will retaliate

I’m such a genius
I don’t see this turning my way
I guess I’ll put you in a box
And throw the key away
I’ll try to get in shape
Lose some weight, it’s a way
To retaliate, to retaliate
I’m such a genius
I don’t see this any other way
I guess I’ll block you out
Forever in my memory
I’ll try to get in shape
Lose some weight, it’s a way
To retaliate

Retaliate - Start Trouble.

It reminds me of all my ex boyfriends, and those phases where all you want to do is improve yourself to show them what they missed out on by screwing things up. Works for me!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 135/131/123

Height: 5"2

When I'm at the gym and any song by the Mountain Goats comes on it reminds me of the guy i'm crushin on. Therefore it makes me more determined to look good and work out harder. I think the songs people listen to have a huge impact on motivation and determination.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 135/131/123

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drina View Post
Supermassive Black Hole by Muse has that affect on me. I listen to it on the uphill walk to campus every morning.
Supermassive Black Hole, plug in baby and The Hand that feeds by NIN are my songs for running on the treadmill. Muse stuff really gets me going.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

Ooooh! NiN is good workout stuff. For me, it's up there with White Zombie/Rob Zombie (I luv "Dagula" on the recumbant cross-trainer) for aggressive "Get outta my way" workout music. If you go back a few (okay, a lot) of years in industrial, Nitzer Ebb's "Murderous" and "Join in the Chant" are really motivating, too.

I've recently fallen for LCD Soundsystem's "Get Innocuous" for power-walking the treadmill. It's the song in the Grand Theft Auto 4 "walking guy" commercial.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #24  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Harder Better Faster Stronger - Daft Punk, I time this song with this killer hill on my walk and by the time Im up it I Feel harder, better, faster, stronger!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #25  

S/C/G: SW164/CW147/GW140

Height: 5'3"

Oh I have loads! And funnily enough a couple are mentioned on here already
Lady Marmalade - I imagine strutting about in the lil costume feeling super powerful
And SuperMassive Blackhole - it's one of those songs that makes you wanna move like a snake, yes? Actually remember Salma Hayek in 'From Dust Til Dawn'? It makes me wanna move like her - no chance of ever looking like her LOL
Princess Superstar - Perfect - now I am not a massive dance music fan, I like the odd track here and there but I have this on my exercise playlist because it makes me smile my ruddy face off when she says 'watch me work it, I'm perfect' - I huff and puff away going DAMN RIGHT I AM! lol

I think loads of it for me is reconnecting with my sexy self. And by that I don't mean throwing it out there for anyone else to get off on. I mean me loving me. Being really happy to be a powerful woman who owns her own body and is really happy with it. It's about being sexually assertive in a way. I'm really into femme power and so much of what I am trying to achieve is to reclaim that part of me that I shut down because I thought I just wasn't good enough. That make sense? To be honest the journey has got me there now, I'm fully back in and loving my body even though I have a way to go to hit target and I won't ever be 'perfect'. But it feels good to finally love the body I have regardless of the lumps and bumps. So any music that makes me wanna strut my stuff like a 2 bit pole dancing floozy feels like food for my soul.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:11 AM   #26  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

Lady Marmalade for me too- but I prefer the Lords of Acid version. In fact they are the band that gets me going when I'm working out.
There's also a Cake song Short Skirt, Long Jacket that I really like.
Anything that has a fast intense beat and makes me feel powerful!

I am getting a little bit bored though... so I might have to check into some of your suggestions.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #27  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
Lady Marmalade for me too- but I prefer the Lords of Acid version. In fact they are the band that gets me going when I'm working out.
i just hopped on this thread to type "anything by Lords of Acid" but you already did that

on a similar note anything by Peaches has the same effect
Old 08-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missygith View Post
Harder Better Faster Stronger - Daft Punk, I time this song with this killer hill on my walk and by the time Im up it I Feel harder, better, faster, stronger!
Oh! I love Daft Punk!
Old 09-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #29  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

Fidelity by Regina Spektor and I'm Ready by Jack's Mannequin. Oh, and Practice makes Perfect by Cute is what we aim for...

and Yeah! by Usher Little Jon and Ludacris.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:23 AM   #30  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I used to think the lyrics to "Everybody Hurts" said "Don't blow your health if you feel like you're alone ... you're not alone." To me, it was saying, "Don't binge if you're feeling alone because the pain you're wanting to cover up with food is something everyone goes through." I only recently learned that the lyrics are "Don't throw your hand," as in a poker term for giving up. Still a moving song, though.
Closed Thread