Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #1  
Ms. Cybil

S/C/G: 148/ticker/135

Height: 5'2 1/2

Default Why can't I just stay on track?

I'm so sick of this.

I'll do good for a week, then BOOM...I fall off track, yet again.

With exercise--I was doing very well with my exercise...not so much anymore. I have had a lot of problems sleeping this semester (I'm in college), and as I used to wake up an hour early to work out, I can't if I'm going getting six hours of sleep a night (which I'm lucky if I do). By the end of the day, my mind is mush, and all I want to do is listen to music or work on my homework. Part of me hating to exercise every day is due to the fact I am soooo sick of doing Tae-Bo...I would like to find a work-out that is similar, but not staring the dear Billy Blanks.

I tried on a pair of black shorts I used to wear out to the industrial club when I weighed 135lbs....yeah....very tight, couldn't button them. And to think...they used to be loose on me! =(

Please help...I'm so sick of myself.

Last edited by purple kitty; 03-10-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Kitty,

As I'm twice your age, and have therefore been dieting twice as long, I understand your pain. I have struggled with wanting to make a magical transformation overnight, thinking that tomorrow morning I'd wake up and eat right and exercise and be nice and keep my house clean and meditate daily and this and that....Inevitably, none of that happens.

Experience has shown me that i can only concentrate on one or two things at once and that i have to pace myself and not expect a whole new me to pop out of bed the next morning. Maybe try incorporating a few things at a time for three or four week stretches. Such as this month I'm going to concentrate on eating 5 servings of vegies everyday and walking at least 20 minutes. Once those are under your belt, try uping the ante *slightly*. I find that if I don't concentrate on the *weight* but on making a few healthy changes, it takes that instant gratitude pressure off me and I can have more success.

Maybe this isn't the issue for you, but there you go. Also, I envy your college student status because it usually means you have access to a full-scale awesome gym. There's no need to do Tae Bo everyday when you probably have a number of classes offered on campus plus a pool and weight room etc. Give something new a try.

Most importantly, don't despair and don't beat yourself up!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

i totally agree with heidijn....lasting change can only happen gradually (unfortunately! super-frustrating!!!!) and i think a few relapses are to be expected and accepted. it doesn't mean that you'll go straight back into unhealthy patterns. so, that's the rational side of me speaking while my emotional side still refuses to understand why i cannot wake up a toned size 8 tomorrow!! aargh!!
hang in there miss purple kitty--you'll get there! and allow yourself some exercise leeway (like heidijn suggested) maybe just some walking or a pilates class. hope this helps a wee bit
Old 03-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #4  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I have the same problem. I go one week, stop for two, then start up again. If I didn't let the relapses bother me, I'd have lost all the weight when I was 12! Its a learning process everyone has to go through, and you have this group to talk to and lean on. I'm sure it won't take you 7 years to learn, though!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #5  
Ms. Cybil

S/C/G: 148/ticker/135

Height: 5'2 1/2

Thanks everyone. If I find a way to wake one day as a nice toned size 8, you all will be the first to know how I did it =) I guess I am expecting too much, so soon...

Our gym is only open from 6AM to730AM, then there's classes there the rest of the day. Sucks. I wanted to take an aerobic dance class, but a class I need graduate is only offered the same time the dance class is offer. Waaahh.

I've been good, though...for the past two days. I've worked out both days and watched what I ate. Hopefully I'll keep it up =)
Old 03-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #6  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Wow, that's weird. Our gym is opened all day from 7am till 11pm. Good job, keep going!
Closed Thread