3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Alternachicks Chat - February 2008

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #16

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5' 6"

Hello Everyone:

My most excellent terrific fantastic news is that I have found a new job!! I interviewed on Monday and was asked back Friday to meet with the staff I'll be working with. Apparently, I didn't scare them too much because they hired me! I am so excited and terrified.

Thursday I signed my divorce papers and Friday I got a new job. Now I just need to sell my house, lose the weight and learn how to be this fabulous new person I have the opportunity to become! Yeah, that's all.

I did lose a pound last week though. Running's been near impossible given our weather the last week, but I think I burned calories by being a basketcase.

-Heidi
Old 02-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #17
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Congratulations on the new job Heidi!

I had a fun weekend - went shopping and out for Dim Sum and celebrated Chinese New Year. I bought myself a Jack Skellington umbrella - I don't think I will ever grow up!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #18
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Jack Skellington umbrella?!?! Awww, I want one!

Short Term Goal- August 15

Old 02-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #19

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Yay Heidi. I know the divorce must be bittersweet, and selling a house is chaotic at the best of times, but it's good to have all these new things coming at a time when you need and want to change into the new you.

We rang in the Year of the Rat with a Chinese feast. We had a really fun dinner party - you know it's a successful party when you make waaaaaay too much food and buy waaaaaay too much wine, then when it's over you realize there are no leftovers!!

I love leftovers, but this wasn't really the best food to have hanging around in the fridge when you're trying to lose weight

BP

"There is no great genius without a tincture of madness." - Seneca
Old 02-11-2008, 02:16 AM   #20
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

aaah appartment! ::GLEEEEEEEE!:: We're all moved in, it's just heavenly... there's a biiiig bathtub that i can actualy FIT in, and a FREAKING BALCONY! ooh i'm a happy mango!

I've come too far to take orders from a cookie!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #21
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Heidi, so many new things, this truly is a new year for you! Congrats on all your possibilities.

And Mango, kudos for a big arse tub and bubble baths that cover it all

It's nice to come here on a Monday morning and read good news. Even the rad new umbrella is music to my hears on what otherwise would have been a better day if I could have slept in. I heart Jack...and Tim Burton for that matter.

Swell, here. Lost a pound and a half on my first week back in full swing. But didn't exercise. I still haven't gotten in a groove with this new semester. My schedule is wack, yo. I am so so hoping to make time to do a few workouts this week, because I feel so much better when I do.

But I finally got all of my grad school apps finished and now am playing the waiting game to hear where I will be moving in four months. Who knows? I could be coming to a theatre near you.

Peace.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #22
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Hi there, people! Ginny, thanks for sharing that story - it's stuff like that that keeps me going! Fantastic! Heidi - you go, girl! This is a real time of new beginnings - congratulations on the job!

The frail vehicle of the English language is inadequate to express my envy of the Jack Skellington umbrella.

Tyler - LOVING the name, the avatar and the tagline. You win at the Internet.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

Henry David Thoreau
Old 02-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #23
fat chick FKA Velveteen

S/C/G: 210.5/171/G 154

Height: 5'5½

Hi girls! I've been away for a while but decided to jump back into posting...

Sorry if I don't know everyone's names... but I really hope to get to know you all better and soon!!

run - laugh - eat pie||Twitter
Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #24
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!
Sure looks like you have all been very busy with your lives. Had a fantastic time with the girls, shopping, laughing and going to the concert. Hedley was awesome as always. Heard the Johnstones for the first time then too and thought they we fantastic. Thurday marked my one month for not smoking, 4 weeks at the gym and 5 lbs lost that week. Pretty exciting day for me! Wishing everyone a wacky wonderful Wednesday.
hugs
Ginny
Old 02-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #25
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Well, I went to a Guatemalan marimba concert last night for my Music World Cultures paper (strangely, no one playing was actually Guatemalan). It wasn't the most thrilling concert ever, every song sounded like something out of a Disney movie, but the meringue at the end was upbeat.

I ate almost a whole pound of mozzarella cheese last night. Wow. Was dutiful and put it in my food journal but wow... I am scary when I'm bored or stressed.

Short Term Goal- August 15

Old 02-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #26
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Oh man, I'm in the middle of my first **** week of the semester. That's what we call it when we have three exams in a week. We also have a paper due and a lecture series to attend (which I have the pleasure to ask one of the top cardiologists in the country a question).

This also means I survive off caffeine and granola bars and no sleep.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #27
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Baaaad week to try to get back on track . Not only am I in midterms (here, here for granola and coffee), but I have been sick and immobile for three days, only moving to take tests. So much for exercise and deucing it up in the kitchen. Feeling better today. Fever's gone, but energy is still lacking.

Monday we will try this thing again. (That's the royal we).

Old 02-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #28
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

I made it through the week with no horrible screw-ups.

Well not, really. There was a day that I had a snickers for lunch, but it was all I had to eat at school all day that day.

My biggest complaint plan wise about the week was the lack of exercise. I only did about an hour of cardio this week. Too bad stress out and pouring over textbooks and journal articles doesn't burn extra calories.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #29
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

So I love our new appartment, because there's actualy ROOM for me to do my workout videos. But we have no curtans. and in addition to the other mess of issues that come up with no curtans (i'm a big fan of being nekkie ) There are always lots of kids outside, and they can see me when i work out. I can not, CAN NOT do an exorcise video if I know someone can see me. So i havent exorcised sense we moved. I'm going stir crazy and i feel soooo guilty for neglecting my body. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get over it because we're not getting curtans for another week or so. blah.

I've come too far to take orders from a cookie!
Old 02-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #30
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

My husband is paying for 1/2 of my next tattoo if i make my goal of 175 by May 10th!!!

WOOHOOO!

Mini Goal #1 - Be "overweight" (no longer obese) by May 15th, my cousin's wedding. 179lbs.
Mini Goal #2 - 170lbs by August 27th, my trip to Portland.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.