Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #61  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Enygirl
Just wanted to let you know that I am not that smart figuring out how long, how much saved and all that with smoking. I use a quit meter found on www.silkquit.org . I like having the visual when I want it and turn it off when I dont. Today it is One week, two days, 23 hours, 19 minutes and 36 seconds. 99 cigarettes not smoked, saving $39.65. Life saved: 8 hours, 15 minutes.
Nice to have others on this board to encourage and know what each other is going through. Hang in there!
Hugs
Virginia

Last edited by Wanttolosealot; 01-17-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:56 AM   #62  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

So, obviosly i wasnt online yesterday, because i was a bad girl and didnt exorcise before school. so no computer for me! except to log my food into fitday ofcorse. I did walk a mile after i got home so i guess i'm not all bad, lol.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

mango - you HAVE to keep exercising!!! otherwise I'll miss you too much!! Stick with it girl!

Virginia - that's why I love this board... support w/ out condemtion!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #64  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Wow... what a great day yesterday was!

First, I have to run around to 2 different banks to help out my dad and my sister from bouncing checks. Yay me. Then, my cramps from TOM get horrific and I'm going to the bathroom every 20 to 30 minutes. So, Gaia hits the doctor who can't find anything wrong with me and ends up with an antibiotic that might work, might not. Come back if you don't feel better.

Somehow, I manage to stay on plan but no exercise. Oh well. Weigh in's tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #65  

gaia - I hate when Doctor's prescribe something when they don't know what is going on! Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow. :

I FINALLY got a workout in this week! for a good 45 mins. It was so relaxing!! Plus is was "Strengh and endurace building" which is fancy language for - KICKING MY BUTT!! I needed it - and loved it!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:05 AM   #66  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

so... yea... QUICHE IS EVIL! Holy crap. I went like, 1000 calories over yesterday because of STUPID DUMB EVIL DELICIOS QUICHE! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #67  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Broadabroad - I agree with your statement of people that make comments don't have very interesting lives themselves. Although sometimes I do find that some people who make comments (positive & negative) are sometimes envious because they don't have the nerve to express themselves. This I can understand but I also find quite sad, it can be quite hard to follow your heart and be yourself.

I love neat looking purses - my lastest favorite is one that looks like a giant dice with handles. It is a solid colour and the dice marks are embroidered in white -very fun!

Mango - yes, quiche is tasty but evil.

Hey to everyone else - Just a short post tonight as I have to try to catch up on the last few days.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:20 AM   #68  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

So, where I live right now is a little culinary oasis. We have a town of restaurants and most people who come to visit have specific places that they want to go eat.

It's not completely killing my plan as the person who's down this weekend is vegetarian and doesn't want to hit up the places that are completely deep fried everything; however, I have friends coming in a month or two that I know are looking for the comfort foods.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #69  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Jings, Zen, good luck with working out a way of incorporating your food plan into your new school life! Sounds like a bit of a bugger, that - all the more so with friends visiting who want to go and hit the restaurants!

My parents are coming out to Bangkok pretty soon to visit, and although they're on a package tour I'm still hoping to spend some time with them, especially I was hoping to take them out to some of the restaurants I particularly like, with swanky decor and all that jazz. And to have cocktails on the rooftop bar at the top of the Banyan Tree Hotel, round the corner. (72nd floor, iirc, with fantastic views out over the city). Except - now I've started Atkins, that's going to be distinctly tricky for me!

Mauvais - dice handbag sounds AWESOME!

Incidentally, upon rereading my post I sound rather bitter - mostly I just enjoy being me and doing my thing, but my headmistress made some remark earlier in the week about my "eccentricity" that I guess must have rankled more than I realised. (Apparently turning up at the airport in a full, ankle-length skirt with a rather antiquated straw hat on my head and a mewling cat box made quite the impression. Particularly the hat, for some reason - but, honestly, I like hats, and where the devil else is one supposed to carry it? Easiest on your head! Takes up no luggage space that way!

Ah well. Anyway, how is everyone doing? Hope you have fun weekends, wherever in the world you may be! I'm a trifle disheartened by the fact that so far I haven't lost any weight on Atkins - I'm wondering if it's because of my Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Maybe? Or maybe I just need to cut out all the cheese and cream? Difficult to judge. (I was thinking that it would be a good idea to eat the cheese and cream to compensate for not being able to drink skimmed milk - I do try to think about calcium. But maybe not. God. Come ON, body! Sort yourself out!)
Old 01-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #70  
The Witchy Veggie

broadabroad- I know how you feel, I was diagnosed with PCOS at twelve and only just now decided to do something about it. It is a pain most days, but a lot easier to live with than I thought at first (again, at twelve, what isn't a life-or-death experience?)

My weekend is fabulous already. Supposed to pick up my sister, but her flights got cancelled and she's stranded in Atlanta. My Internet's been out since yesterday, so I'm in a coffee shop typing this up. It's raining and so windy that I had to drive the 20 miles from home to town averaging 45 mph, which upset the people behind me. Oh well. At least yesterday I got to look at the kitten I hope to be getting, cute little black thing with white stocking feet and a white chest. Don't know if its a boy or a girl, but I'm pulling for a girl. Less angry pet owners that way. ^_^

Reading over that, it sounds very whiny. So good things that happened today are that I got my proctor approved for my exams for my classes, and on time so I wasn't kicked out of the class (did a dance in my chair at that). Also I'm spending some time with my younger sister, and we're going to get her a pizza and me a diet dish from the Chinese place before we go back home.

Last edited by gaia2094; 01-19-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5' 6"

Well, another Saturday night on my own. This week has not gone well, eating or exercise wise, but this morning I ran a 5K and did a comendable (sp?) job of it. 11:08 per mile, which is ok considering I haven't run but 3 times in the last month. It was challenging, but doable, so I am heartened that this is a good way to start a brand new year.

My running buddy and I are looking toward a 25K in May (15 miles!). We've run several half-marathons so this would be the longest distance yet. With that under our belts (and a few less pounds of butter toffee peanuts!), we will consider making a full-marathon attempt in October. I hope to do so. It would mean I would have completed a marathon just before turning 40 and that seems like a great accomplishment.

I did not weigh-in this morning, but tomorrow plan to get back on track with eating well. Have a chicken thawing for a-roastin' tomorrow.

One notable item this week was that for the first time in 20 years, I completely forgot the anniversary of the first date I went one with my husband. It was Wednesday and it just never crossed my mind at all. My phone wasn't working and when I validated the replacement on Thursday morning, he had left me a sad-sounding voice mail on Wednesday. A few of my friend think this is a really good thing, shows I'm getting over him etc. But I do feel a bit guilty about it. It's hard to think that something I've been so happy and proud about for half of my life can just slip by me without notice.

Makes me wonder who I am now...? Ah, I love wallowing in the existential rhetorical questions.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #72  

Well girls - I sabotaged myself the last 2 days before my weekly weigh in - so I'm down only a pound this week But at least I'm down!

Maybe i should just start weighing in on Wednesdays We'll see how this week goes. I'm going to get more workouts in this week... once a week just isn't enough! I need to step it up a bunch to - I have a 5K race I'm walking in on Saturday. My goal is to finish in under 45 mins... but that's not going to happen if I keep stuffing myself with a ton of carbs and not working it off or training at all.

So no more sabotaging - time to step up - I want to beat my Super Bowl goal this week instead of next - and then I can meet my Valentine's Day and St. patrick's day goals with ease.

Alright - time to go and get some more work done. TTFN! for all
Old 01-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #73  
The Witchy Veggie

Gotta love the dust!

I actually slept so much yesterday that I didn't eat lunch. I wasn't in the greatest mood, either, snapping at everyone because I couldn't sleep well with my niece and nephew screaming in the next room. I feel bad about it now, though, they're preschoolers, what else are they going to do?

Weigh-in in 3 days, haven't exercised at all, got up 2 1/2 hours late today. Just now made my breakfast and am about to eat it before diving headfirst into my schoolwork. Crossing my fingers that I get caught up today on everything.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #74  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Oh man, I've figured out one of my weak points. Canceled classes.

The slack of going from a 9-5 lectures/lab to only one lecture from 9-10:30 with a whole day off puts me into a slack mentality.

Went out for lunch, went to the movies (curse you peanut butter m&ms), went to a friends for ridiculously tasty chicken and dumplings dinner.

Not a bit of exercise.

Bah. Today is fail.

(That's okay, I have tomorrow.)
Old 01-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #75  

Zen - get back on the wagon! here's some for you too!

I'm back - I've wroked out the last 2 days - I have a 5K this weekend - things are good. I was back down to #180.4 this morning - although it may have been a fluke but I'm not sure. I changed my tickers to reference it though - I needed something positvie to look at.
Closed Thread